210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/whats-in-store/article263702953.html#storylink=mainstage_card3

Anyone know why the auction of the epicentre keeps getting delayed? Faster this thing sells, the sooner we can get it back on it’s feet (hopefully). 

Oh geez… who knows. Someone here was saying the auction was for show or something like that. That is insane.

2 hours ago, DamicoKaren said:

If this ever gets auctioned off, I really hope they turn it into a mini mall. Would really at alot of foot traffic to this part of uptown, which had become a ghost town. 

I don't think retail outside of local & small retailers could work in uptown. Maybe an H&M. If Metropolitan didn't exist, I could see Target, Trader Joes and Petco going to the Epicenter. Pet Supplies Plus, a tiny Target, Walmart, LIDL are options  (though probably unlikely. I just don't see at least Walmart in uptown, ever).  But I think retail in uptown needs to be able to attract people in vehicles from greater center city. Why shop in uptown when SouthPark isn't all that further for some pretty wealthy demographics + other combined errands (Park Road Shopping Center, etc.) for clothes. Homegoods & TJ Maxx would be awesome there but there may be one in Metropolitan if I recall. 

This is unlikely, but I'd be interested in an AMC movie theatre, a private or public school for K-12, an international food hall, gimmicky (Rain Forest Cafe type) & cheaper restaurants (Duckworths type), fast casual for office workers and then some random attraction  with a Sea-Life or Discovery Place type vibe and a tiny Target. Dunno if there is room for all that but xD That's my wish list.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

I don't think retail outside of local & small retailers could work in uptown. Maybe an H&M. If Metropolitan didn't exist, I could see Target, Trader Joes and Petco going to the Epicenter. Pet Supplies Plus, a tiny Target, Walmart, LIDL are options  (though probably unlikely. I just don't see at least Walmart in uptown, ever).  But I think retail in uptown needs to be able to attract people in vehicles from greater center city. Why shop in uptown when SouthPark isn't all that further for some pretty wealthy demographics + other combined errands (Park Road Shopping Center, etc.) for clothes. Homegoods & TJ Maxx would be awesome there but there may be one in Metropolitan if I recall. 
This is unlikely, but I'd be interested in an AMC movie theatre, a private or public school for K-12, an international food hall, gimmicky (Rain Forest Cafe type) & cheaper restaurants (Duckworths type), fast casual for office workers and then some random attraction  with a Sea-Life or Discovery Place type vibe and a tiny Target. Dunno if there is room for all that but xD That's my wish list.

Partly another reason I don’t like SouthPark Mall lol

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, midtownclt said:

This will be great for College Street - I just hope Amelie's reopens sometime soon to the public.

They use the site for food preparation, it seems, but it's not yet open for walk in service I think.

dude! i was walking down college street coming back from dinner and looked to my left and saw someone in the kitchen and it scared the hell out of me! haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2022 at 11:03 AM, ClassicColtrane said:
On 9/15/2022 at 11:00 AM, midtownclt said:

This will be great for College Street - I just hope Amelie's reopens sometime soon to the public.

They use the site for food preparation, it seems, but it's not yet open for walk in service I think.

dude! i was walking down college street coming back from dinner and looked to my left and saw someone in the kitchen and it scared the hell out of me! haha

Yeah. There are often folks in there working.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
They can get all the retailers in there they want but unless they figure out a way to turn it inside-out to face the street, it's just a suburban shopping mall without a roof. 

Not really sure why that’s a bad thing or why it would prevent it from being a draw. If you have the right retailers it could still be a shopping destination.
  • Like 3

On 9/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, Madison Parkitect said:

They can get all the retailers in there they want but unless they figure out a way to turn it inside-out to face the street, it's just a suburban shopping mall without a roof. 

Except instead of being suburban it's right in a downtown and easily accessible by transit or on foot for many. What's wrong with that?

• Like 3