Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

^Thanks again,Brian. Nice to know you were looking out for me also.

I'm sure your all tired of my skyline renderings, but here's just one more.As you know I had a limited number of renderings so I couldn't put the court house on this. I hope you didn't mind me using you picture Nate.

brs3ew9.png

Tired of your renderings? Not at all... keep it up! I think it's great that you take an interest in something like this. And you're very talented as well... looks good!

Nice, Richy! I saw this in Louisiana Photo of the Day and love it. It looks like Baton Rouge did well with bricking and lighting their riverfront. Will this be replaced with the new riverfront design, or implemented? I'd vote to keep it and implement it with the new.

Thanks Brian, I'm glad you liked it. Coming from you that's saying alot; SBC did their riverfront right :thumbsup: That's a good question, I would think it would be implemented, but I am not 100% sure. You can second that vote.

Yeah you right Eric ! That's an awesome shot, thanks for posting that ! :thumbsup: The upper-deck level at the stadium is a sweet view of a soon to be changing downtown for sure. Nate was in the upper-deck sitting very close (just over a section) at the Tulane game a few weeks back. What are the chances of all three of us meeting at the same western upper-deck?? I mean the stadium's huge w/ a capacity of 92,400..... That's just CRAZY!!! I guess urban enthusiast like all of us deserve to get the best views!

That's crazy you put the pieces of the puzzle together.

BTW..from this angle the BR's 3rd tallest Chase Bank is completely hiding it's little brother(4th tallest) Riverside North..that's the only negative.

Two City Plaza with it's vaulted penthouse and spire will be easily visible from this view. The New Courthouse will probably hide the bottom-half of One American Place. RiverPlace will tower above on the left-side.

Edited by richyb83

Since we're back to that skyline view again, I figured I'd post my two best evening and night shots from that angle. :thumbsup:

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

Looking at the second picture, I was reminded about my thoughts when I was looking at the skyline from my seat; "Man, Baton Rouge needs some better skyline lighting." I know New Orleans isn't exactly great either, but man, you wouldn't even know that One American Place was taller than 10 stories at night from a distance. Thankfully, however, the State Capitol is very well light.

BTW, bryde, what section were you sitting in? It looks like you're part of the "west deck crew" too, huh? :lol:

BTW, bryde, what section were you sitting in? It looks like you're part of the "west deck crew" too, huh? :lol:

I was in Section 614 for the Kentucky game. While walking up to my seat, I get stopped by an old classmate from high school. Well we got to talking about the view of Downtown and all of the developments going on. It started clicking in my head. This guy sounds just like Richy83 from urbanplanet.org. I asked him later if he was Richy83 and sure enough it was him live and in living color. :lol:

I was in Section 614 for the Kentucky game. While walking up to my seat, I get stopped by an old classmate from high school. Well we got to talking about the view of Downtown and all of the developments going on. It started clicking in my head. This guy sounds just like Richy83 from urbanplanet.org. I asked him later if he was Richy83 and sure enough it was him live and in living color. :lol:

Wow, that's great! :lol: It's cool that you guys met up, and knew each other even before UP. If I'm at the LSU game, you'll find me on the near edge of Section 612; all three of us should meet up some time, I'm sure that would be interesting. :D

Wow, that's great! :lol: It's cool that you guys met up, and knew each other even before UP. If I'm at the LSU game, you'll find me on the near edge of Section 612; all three of us should meet up some time, I'm sure that would be interesting. :D

Man you should have seen Richy's face when I asked if he posts on UP. You would have thought he had seen a ghost. :rofl:

Baton Rouge needs some better skyline lighting." I know New Orleans isn't exactly great either, but man, you wouldn't even know that One American Place was taller than 10 stories at night from a distance. Thankfully, however, the State Capitol is very well light.

I totally agree Nate, the skyline needs better lighting. The State Capitol lighting has gradually improved over time.....but I see what you mean about One American Place. Proper lighting needs to enhance all 24-floors, not just the bottom 10. And look at the letters on top of the _H_ _E Bank Tower. Even the other side is missing the S. When will Chase Bank fix this?? :dontknow: No doubt Wampold will "light-up" the new Two City Plaza nicely; Just like he did at Shaw Plaza on Essen. You can easily see the Shaw Plaza from the west upper-deck(7 miles away from the CBD) with it's exterior lighting 2002-style. However the adjacent Jacobs Plaza disappears after the sun goes down.

It's a small world after all Bryde. :lol:

Edited by NCB

Another nice shot Bryde. Sterling Northgate is an impressive looking 6-story condo(4 stories over 2 story parking garage. With Plasma TV's being givin' away too....This along with University House has really changed the look of Highland Road. I posted a construction pic of this 6?? months ago. The residential construction all around LSU is crazy.

Edited by richyb83

Another nice shot Bryde. Sterling Northgate is an impressive looking 6-story condo(4 stories over 2 story parking garage. With Plasma TV's being givin' away too....This along with University House has really changed the look of Highland Road. I posted a construction pic of this 6?? months ago. The residential construction all around LSU is crazy.

Hopefully the Sterling is the beginning of a north-bound infill/re-development trend along Highland Rd. We've had representatives of Old South Baton Rouge actually show up at Student Government meetings, bemoaning LSU's efforts [or lack of] to reach out to the Old South BR community. Projects like Sterling that extend LSU-spawned development further inside the boundaries of OSBR might represent such an outreach. If anything, these developments serve to blur the racial dividing line that is State St, not to mention their effect on surrounding property values.

Hopefully the Sterling is the beginning of a north-bound infill/re-development trend along Highland Rd. We've had representatives of Old South Baton Rouge actually show up at Student Government meetings, bemoaning LSU's efforts [or lack of] to reach out to the Old South BR community. Projects like Sterling that extend LSU-spawned development further inside the boundaries of OSBR might represent such an outreach. If anything, these developments serve to blur the racial dividing line that is State St, not to mention their effect on surrounding property values.

Yeah...hopefully with anouther thousand students in that area who are willing to call the police if something suspicious happens. That will definately push the crime element out very quickly (it already has). In my opinion, with another few developments like that, Old South BR can be in the hunt for a pharmacy and a grocery store. Too bad it takes college students to do that...but oh well.

Edited by brresident

Nice shots Nate... I like them all. I really like the lights on the bridge in the background of Bernie Moore track stadium too.

I'll have to get back to LSU for a visit to see how the campus has changed!
Yes you will have to check-it-out. The entire area surrounding LSU is changing from the Northgate's of Nicholson to Highland and State Street; on the south side with West Parker to the Southgate Towers; and the Crescent at Univ. Lake at BR Beach...it's everywhere.

Hopefully the Sterling is the beginning of a north-bound infill/re-development trend along Highland Rd. We've had representatives of Old South Baton Rouge actually show up at Student Government meetings, bemoaning LSU's efforts [or lack of] to reach out to the Old South BR community. Projects like Sterling that extend LSU-spawned development further inside the boundaries of OSBR might represent such an outreach. If anything, these developments serve to blur the racial dividing line that is State St, not to mention their effect on surrounding property values

Great points, the area is definitely filling-up. OSBR has made a few improvements, but has a long way to go.

Edited by richyb83