Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Thanks very much for posting the "official" picture. :thumbsup: I have not seen it yet. It looks like Iberville & Beinville Bldg's are skeletons still under construction. When they get a pic of those completed and lit-up; that might help with density a little ? One thing BR does have is a spread-out skyline. Once the BIG 4 is complete; the skyline will be something to really look at. I like the where they will fall-into-place. Laurel Tower and Two City Plaza on each side of the Chase Bank Towers. RiverPlace between LaSalle StateBldg. & One American Place.

I wonder when the new renderings of Two City Plaza will be made public ? I hope the LSU reveille's article with RiverPlace at 36-stories still stands correct.

Edited by richyb83

Thanks yall. I am glad yall liked it. I took that one out of Nate's Book of Photography. :thumbsup:

Brian, I checked-out Emporis to get a good comparison; Chase Bank is 21-stories, 277'ft. The nearest thing I could find for Shreveport was the Beck Building 20-stories, 265'ft. Skyscraper City only acknowledges high-rises over 300+ft. Around here in BR a 277ft.' building will have to qualify for a skyscraper.ha :rofl:

On this last round of pix I saw an older street man and nodded my head to him; Out of the corner of my eye I could see him following me. But he got sidetracked by some women. Then I turned the corner and lost him. It just depends on the situation and vibe if I help em' out or not.

I remember you saying you had a few run-in's with the homeless.

Thanks yall. I am glad yall liked it. I took that one out of Nate's Book of Photography. :thumbsup:

Brian, I checked-out Emporis to get a good comparison; Chase Bank is 21-stories, 277'ft. The nearest thing I could find for Shreveport was the Beck Building 20-stories, 265'ft. Skyscraper City only acknowledges high-rises over 300+ft. Around here in BR a 277ft.' building will have to qualify for a skyscraper.ha :rofl:

I remember standing on top of the building across from the new Hilton hotel and seeing the Chase Bank and from up there it really did look big.

I also remember the first time I saw the Shaw Museum, which was only a few months ago.I was coming out of the planetarium and looked up a there it was, this big, blue, beaconing building and I said "Where did that come from" because I had never heard about it. When I had seen it a few years earlier under construction, I thought is was going to be a parking garage.

Edited by dan326

On this last round of pix I saw an older street man and nodded my head to him; Out of the corner of my eye I could see him following me. But he got sidetracked by some women. Then I turned the corner and lost him. It just depends on the situation and vibe if I help em' out or not.

I remember you saying you had a few run-in's with the homeless.

Yeah I seem to have run-ins any time I get out of the touristy riverfront area. The CBD is where I tend to encounter them, while I'm photographing buildings. I'm glad you got out of that situation... it's not at all unlike the situations I've found myself in.

Thanks Brian. I like them too. I'll take 4 for 2 anyday. The 2 I'm talking about were both emploded. They were a little taller(14-stories), but very boxy, and ugly. The NEW 4 are much nice looking. At 13,9,9,12-stories.

Here are the two that were imploded.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=127359

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=127365

Edited by richyb83

^ Oh yes, I remember both of those buildings. :sick:

It's all good, though, Richy, because now you have QUALITY over quantity. And I mean that in regards to height, not the number of buildings. You have some really awesome buildings down there now, and I believe they'll help to dictate the look of future buildings in that area.

It's all good, though, Richy, because now you have QUALITY over quantity. And I mean that in regards to height, not the number of buildings. You have some really awesome buildings down there now, and I believe they'll help to dictate the look of future buildings in that area.

Thanks Brian. They wanted to make it that modern looking art deco; to be uniform with the State Capitol. Now I am ready for some different more modern looking towers. I like the way AmSouth Bank in Shreveport is designed; I also like the way they topped it off; "non-box" style.

There was a building that looked like a vertical cousin of City Plaza Building. I was going to find the picture on Emporis, but I'm don't feel like looking through 325 pictures.

Thru the years I wondered why City Plaza was only 8-stories. It always had the look of an office building that could be much taller, but was chopped off. Now with Two City Plaza(approx.20-stories) coming soon, it will be much better; with a spire too(BR doesn't have) that will help vertically.

They could have just built one building 30-stories instead. :dontknow:

Edited by richyb83

Thanks Brian. I like them too. I'll take 4 for 2 anyday. The 2 I'm talking about were both emploded. They were a little taller(14-stories), but very boxy, and ugly. The NEW 4 are much nice looking. At 13,9,9,12-stories.

Here are the two that were imploded.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=127359

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=127365

Richy, make that 4 for 3. The Dept of Insurance building was also emploded.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=210601

They parking structure for that building is still there.

Thanks Byrde. :thumbsup:

Well I guess technically it could be 5-3, bec. emploded Dept. of Insurance Bldg. is now the Poydras Bldg. on the lake north of the Capitol. Height wise( at 9-stories) we lost-out, but the looks may have been another story.

Edited by richyb83