Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Thanks for sharing that Brian. He took some nice shots; I enjoyed them.

^That shot was taken from Port Allen Landing; a nice view.

However with BR's malnutritioned skyline, every building counts. From this angle you can only see 1 New State Bldg. the other three State Bldgs. behind it run parallel hiding them on this straight-ahead axis.

Theses are the 3 buildings +14-story Catholic Presbyterian Apts. behind the first at a slightly different angle. BR doesn't have the best skyline around, and certain angle's like this don't help. And BR's skyline needsall the help it can get :lol: Some select angles of the skyline make BR look better than others.

northstreetsp8.jpg

northstrearyy7.jpg

snaphappy075dj9.jpg

I see you like alley shots, too, Richy! :) Nice touch.

I like the new state buildings, but it does suck that the view from Port Allen hides all but one of them. Either way, the pano looked good. It'll look even better once the new towers are in place. Just be patient, my friend, it'll all be different within a couple of years. :)

Thanks dude, I appreciate the compliments. Yall have taken some great alley pics in the past so I decided to give it a shot.

They say patience is a virtue. It's not always easy :whistling:

I'm very careful in alleys. It's never easy for me because I always seem to come across undesirables who are living up against the backs of buildings. I've even come across them during the day in areas where there aren't many businesses open.

Alleys can be gorgeous, though, in a gritty, urban kind of way! :)

Nice shot, richyb! The east side of campus is really nice place to live if you go to LSU. The dorms are generally nicer, and the student Union, quad, university rec center, and greek houses are all within 5 minutes walking distance. Just to the east of all that is the Crescent Condos which are coming along nicely. The northgate area and Sterling residences are a little further away but still within walking distance. During the school year campus really feels like a city within a city because of the high density of students/professors and various student amenities.

^I think it also has to do with the fact that the Capitol is pretty far back from the rest of downtown Baton Rouge, at least from that view. If the Capitol was located, say, where the Chase Towers are, it would probably look quite a bit bigger from some angles.

Of course, I was talking about your rear-view mirror, but the skyline looks pretty good, too!
:lol:

Thanks yall...it's not the easiest shot in the world to pull off; thankfully the bridge(span) was not blocking the Chase Towers.

^I think it also has to do with the fact that the Capitol is pretty far back from the rest of downtown Baton Rouge, at least from that view. If the Capitol was located, say, where the Chase Towers are, it would probably look quite a bit bigger from some angles.

It would be interesting if Baton Rouge would have taken Shreveports more compact approach with the skyline/CBD; placing the State Capitol between One American Place and the Chase Towers; then throw the Marriott onto the riverfront would have been nice too :thumbsup:

Edited by richyb83