Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Hey, I'm familiar with Wampold. They used to own the apartment complex I lived in before buying my house last year. They sold that property and many others to Patrician Management about 2 years ago.
Yeah be's big time around these parts. He also has a 13-story hotel planned for Bluebonnet between Mall of La. and Perkins Rowe. An 8-story office on Essen near Shaw Plaza; He is about to re-develop an old shopping center on Nicholson between LSU/Downtown( future hot-bed corridor); He also purchased huge areas of land down Bluebonnet Ext. near University Club.

Wow, I've really missed some great stuff in this thread. To sum everything up, awesome job, guys! Especially to Dan and Richy for their awesome contributions.

Great to see you in BR forum again. We have missed your imput. I think the spark just ignited around BR, things are starting to really roll. :yahoo: Did you see Byrde's shot #325 from atop the newly renovated Hilton Capitol Center?

Edited by richyb83

Great shots! Tiger Stadium always looks cool in the background. Thanks FlaTiger. You do some really impressive work on SSP. Nice to have you here in the BR forum. BR's development is really about to take-off !

That third shot shows the controversial BRWaterWorks property with the iron fence and ugly white pump house. The narrow tract on the of that block other side of the fence is Trahan Architects. That where the "vision" 25-story Riverfront Office Tower would be located. LSU School of Architecture has some good ideas for the land too.

Brian, on the last pic you can see the Belle of BR in front of the bridge; behind the USS Kidd.

Edited by richyb83

I made another picture of the future BR skyline. This time I used the pictures though. I couldn't put Laurel Street tower on there though because it wasn't rendered from a good angle, so I just copied and pasted a third Chase tower on the picture. Sorry RiverPlace is sloppy,but you've got to have a really steady hand to cut that thing out.

brsky1qs9.png

Good job...but Riverplace is one block north of where you have it (I think). That little red building there on the left of your rendering is the old Advocate structure. Riverplace is goint to be in the parking lot across Main street.

edit: nevermind. I think that is the right location.

Edited by tallbored

Good job...but Riverplace is one block north of where you have it (I think). That little red building there on the left of your rendering is the old Advocate structure. Riverplace is goint to be in the parking lot across Main street.

edit: nevermind. I think that is the right location.

Actually it's in the wrong spot, but I fixed it and reposted it.

Great shots! Tiger Stadium always looks cool in the background. Thanks FlaTiger. You do some really impressive work on SSP. Nice to have you here in the BR forum. BR's development is really about to take-off !

Thanks for the kind words richyb83.

You guys do an awesome job on this forum. I check it out daily. Glad to be a part.

Edited by fla_tiger

I like the similarities with the inverted windows. The Trammell Tower in Dallas is sure impressive.

Maybe it's just me, but don't you think that City Plaza 2 is reminiscent of this building, only scaled down?

^That's the old rendering of Two City Plaza at 14-stories.

I will hopefully be able to see the new renderings by October 2nd at the Planning meeting. I hear it's impressive! The office tower itself will be taller than originally thought. 17-stories+penthouse level (see above rendering top 2-floors) So that might mean 5-additional floors?? The details are still thin. >And if the 5 or 6 floor parking gargage is below the tower? you will see Two City Plaza even taller! :yahoo:

Edited by richyb83

I like the similarities with the inverted windows. The Trammell Tower in Dallas is sure impressive.

^That's the old rendering of Two City Plaza at 14-stories.

I will hopefully be able to see the new renderings by October 2nd at the Planning meeting. I hear it's impressive! The office tower itself will be taller than originally thought. 17-stories+penthouse level (see above rendering top 2-floors) So that might mean 5-additional floors?? The details are still thin. >And if the 5 or 6 floor parking gargage is below the tower? you will see Two City Plaza even taller! :yahoo:

:yahoo: I would definitley like to see taller. :D Who did you hear what it looks like from? You've definitely got some connections. I can't wait until October either: 1.So I can see the plans, 2.So it can cool down. That bus ride home is a killer. :P

I talked with the assistant director of the Downtown Development District; they have meetings on the 2nd Tuesdays of the month. I can't wait to officially see the amount of floors Two City Plaza.

Fall(Autumn) is just around the corner,Sat. 23rd. A nice cool front expected by mid-week, hopefully you can get a little relief on the bus. ride

I talked with the assistant director of the Downtown Development District; they have meetings on the 2nd Tuesdays of the month. I can't wait to officially see the amount of floors Two City Plaza.

I wish Icould go to one of those meeting, but I would'nt ahve anyone to take me.

Fall(Autumn) is just around the corner,Sat. 23rd. A nice cool front expected by mid-week, hopefully you can get a little relief on the bus. ride

Thanks. I hope so too, I getting tired of getting of the bus drenched. Let me tell you that 40 minute trip isn't nice and the fact that I'm one of the last ones to get off doesn't help. -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Nice shots Nate of Shaw's HQ's. That's one of my favorite buildings in BR. I like the way it's lit-up at night. They also have purple & gold lights near the top during football season. In one way I wish that Shaw would have built this in the CBD somewhere along the riverfront; however I like it's location on Essen over 6 miles away from the CBD.

I recently took some pics of Shaw too; but I am in the process of making a new thread for BR and have a few more shots I need to take.

I like the Shaw building also because it seems bigger than it should for a 12 story building, like the new government. Well one good thing about it is that it might make people out of town feel like they're in a larger city when they see that and then the Jacobs Plaza down the road. But then Baton Rouge has several mid/highrise buildings scattered around,definetly a sprawling city.

Edited by dan326

I like the Shaw building also because it seems bigger than it should for a 12 story building, like the new government. Well one good thing about it is that it might make people out of town feel like they're in a larger city when they see that and then the Jacobs Plaza down the road. But then Baton Rouge has several mid/highrise buildings scattered around,definetly a sprawling city.

Yeah you are right Dan. Shaw at 12-stories and Jacobs at 13 ; they are both very close in height. Too hard to tell. The 10-story Governmental Bldg. is taller than the 12-story office bldg. on Convention/Third Street.

^ No doubt Dan,On the +positive> it's kinda cool to see the taller buildings scattered about making it have a bigger city feel; but > the negative is> it definetly hurts the Baton Rouge skyline downtown.

I will have a couple of new BR threads in the works soon ; one will be on the mid/hige rises "outside the CBD". I have a few more pics I still need to take.

Edited by richyb83

Cool, Nate... I love Shaw's building. It's very impressive, especially for a "suburban" office building. I'm trying to recall, but isn't Shaw's building in an area with a few other mid-rise suburban office buildings as well?

Yes. There is 1 10 story building and 3 5 story builings on the same complex as Shaw. sp2vr5.pngThere is also Jacobs Plaza down the road, which beautiful to see during sun set.sp1wg6.png

Well represented.

Dan, if I haven't said it before, I'm saying it now... you are an excellent asset to this board. I enjoy everyone's contributions, but you took me by surprise. You come in here... a kid... and whip up on us "old guys." :lol: Great job, dude...

Thanks, Brian,that made my day just a little bit brighter. :D And Metro was about to kick me off, but thankfully Nate and Richy put in a few good words for me. I'm always told I'm very mature for my age. :P Don't worry you're not old. I don't really consider people "old" until they're over 55/60 years.

Edited by dan326

Thanks, Brian,that made my day just a little bit brighter. :D And Metro was about to kick me off, but thankfully Nate and Richy put in a few good words for me. I'm always told I'm very mature for my age. :P Don't worry you're not old. I don't really consider people "old" until they're over 55/60 years.

I tell you, bro... I'm only 26 but I feel old sometimes. Knowing I'm nearing 10 years out of high school, my "little" brother is now officially an adult, etc... it all makes you feel old.

But anyway, yeah I put a little note into Nate at first that I'd hate to see you go... I could see your value here as well. I hope you go off to do big things after high school, man, I really do. I understand Metro was just enforcing the rules of Urban Planet, but I'm very glad he allowed it to slide in this case. You're a cool guy. :thumbsup:

^Thanks again,Brian. Nice to know you were looking out for me also.

I'm sure your all tired of my skyline renderings, but here's just one more.As you know I had a limited number of renderings so I couldn't put the court house on this. I hope you didn't mind me using you picture Nate.

brs3ew9.png

Edited by dan326