Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Much better for One American Place...looks more like a 24-story building in this pic

snaphappy070er9.jpg

One American Place served it's purpose back in the 70' and 80's...I was always impressed as a kid.

But now it's time for some new millenial architecture in the BR Skyline! Two City Plaza and

whatever high-rise they decide to build on the old Advocate property should put BR more

up-to-par. RiverPlace will help too; but I'm talking about new office buildings. :thumbsup:

The residential housing boom in the background at the Northgate's of LSU

This area is rapidly changing

Sorry the traffic light is blocking the Varsity sign to the right.

snaphappy060wu8.jpg

That area around LSU looks so cool. I really have to visit that part of Baton Rouge next time I'm down there.

By the way, I spy with my little eye... Raisin' Cane's!!! :D Is that the original location?

The residential housing boom in the background at the Northgate's of LSU

This area is rapidly changing

Sorry the traffic light is blocking the Varsity sign to the right.

snaphappy060wu8.jpg

Wow...BR needs to think about underground utilities for neighborhoods like this. I love that Canes...I think it was the first one. That billboard with the guy's yellow lab is awesome.

Tiger District is also one of my favorite T-Shirt joints. I usually go there right before I go to the Varsity for a concert. I haven't been in a while.

Edited by brresident

The Future Skyline 2010

(L to R) Capital Riverfront Tower; RiverPlace; Two City Plaza

New Courthouse just off the pic to the right

800pxbrdaylinehm9.jpg

The 25-30 story mixed-use Riverfront Tower at the old Advocate site being demolished is in preliminary talks.

Pardon the beginer status artwork; just having fun messin' around.

^So Richy, I see you've been trying to take my spot as computer guru. :D I love it though! I love to see these, it gets be so excited and beside that gives a better representation than what I can do with pictures because thay are so limited. Mixed use tower :yahoo: , what would be neat though was if they made a an oberservation tower like Reunion Tower or the Space Needle or something like that with a tower at the base.I can't wait to see it. :D

Edited by dan326

^That property has been purchased by a big timer(can't remember name) who will being renovating that club soon. It going to be nice with a roof-top terrace. This property has had many previous owners. When it's done right; it's gonna be prime-time.

Saturday mornings aren't very lively. Downtown needs more residential; which is coming. Several Third Street properties(4 or 5) will have residential lofts. Downtown is still not a 24 hour scene...yet.

Just a block from that dead morning pic scene is a vibrant nightlife Friday/Sat.