Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Decided to go on an adventure to Barataria to see if I could spot some alligators and actually did find a few. 

Had anyone ever been on the Alligator Bayou tour that operated near Manchac Bayou in Ascension/Iberville? By the time I learned about it way back it had already closed.

IMG_20240224_165504469.jpg

IMG_20240224_161706019_HDR.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 10:21 PM, richyb83 said:

That's really cool Dan!! Nice pics!   Have never been to either one .....sounds like that would be Fun!

Have seen em at my cousin's large pond near Port Vincent  and Ward Creek at Highland Road

Thanks!

I'll have to take a look there one day. It's probably not the season for em yet but I went to Manchac park near south Jefferson Hwy but didn't see any.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 4:35 PM, dan326 said:

Decided to go on an adventure to Barataria to see if I could spot some alligators and actually did find a few. 

Had anyone ever been on the Alligator Bayou tour that operated near Manchac Bayou in Ascension/Iberville? By the time I learned about it way back it had already closed.

IMG_20240224_165504469.jpg

IMG_20240224_161706019_HDR.jpg

Cool pictures!  

Next time get an ussie with him.   Maybe only the little one.   He looks friendly.

• Haha 1

Yesterday morning's "Shelf Cloud" off a Squall line of a impressive Bow Echo on Radar;  that just missed thew BR area to the north where in New Roads & Feliciana's they had Wind Damage. Tornadoes were reported earlier in Lake Charles...the System was moving EAST @ 75MPH = INSANE!

BR got off relatively ok...(some damage) ; but later this system produced a couple Tornadoes in  Slidell

Ponchartrain Causeway reported a 78mph wind Gust!

IMG_0221.PNG.2ded7b1057ce5d7c9e929f6941a426aa.PNG

Speaking of clouds, I used the Doppler radar to find an opening in the clouds and was able to catch a nice glimpse of the eclipse near Atchafalaya.

(Picture taken through eclipse glasses)

IMG_20240408_141217523.jpg

Edited by dan326
  • Thanks 1