Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

Great photos, guys.

Richy - excellent grit. I bet if you walked around and pointed that camera down some alleys, you'd come out with some great grit shots. I have a lot of shots like that, although I try to be careful... I don't go into those alleys too often. I've even stayed in my car and shot photos looking down alleys. Lots of cretins tend to lurk... and even live... in those alleys.

Byred - great shot! Did you have some special VIP pass or were you allowed into the Hilton as just a "regular Joe?" You took some great photos of the inside of that place... and obviously looking out as well! :)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Byred - great shot! Did you have some special VIP pass or were you allowed into the Hilton as just a "regular Joe?" You took some great photos of the inside of that place... and obviously looking out as well! :)

Regular Joe. I asked the staff if I could take a look around and they said have at it. Sept. 15th is when they will start booking rooms for the general public. I'm sure security will be tight after that.

Great shot Byrde. That should also go on Louisiana/Southern photo's! Thanks for representin' the Red Stick!

What a fantastic view! You even got Tiger Stadium way off in the background to the right. Nice view of the Shaw Center with it's multiple roof-top decks. The Old State Capitol looks great too. Do yall see?? the tall/narrow cylinder to the right water tower on the historical list. I think they should paint it red for "red-stick" with Baton Rouge inscripted along the side. Supposedly it was recommended but fell on deaf ears?

Hey Byrde. Did you happen to get a pic of the vacant/BR WaterWorks property in front of the Shaw Center? Recently I took a few pics of the property at ground level for "BR's Future Construction" thread; bec. that tract of land on most of that block has become a bit controversial. BR WaterWorks agreed to beautify the weed lot/pump-house and pipes,etc. But they say the land should be donated to BR for nicer development to compliment Hilton Capitol /Shaw Center. That's were I wish they could build a riverarium to keep the watery theme going?

Edited by richyb83

Great shot Byrde. That should also go on Louisiana/Southern photo's! Thanks for representin' the Red Stick!

What a fantastic view! You even got Tiger Stadium way off in the background to the right. Nice view of the Shaw Center with it's multiple roof-top decks. The Old State Capitol looks great too. Do yall see?? the tall/narrow cylinder to the right water tower on the historical list. I think they should paint it red for "red-stick" with Baton Rouge inscripted along the side. Supposedly it was recommended but fell on deaf ears?

Hey Byrde. Did you happen to get a pic of the vacant/BR WaterWorks property in front of the Shaw Center? Recently I took a few pics of the property at ground level for "BR's Future Construction" thread; bec. that tract of land on most of that block has become a bit controversial. BR WaterWorks agreed to beautify the weed lot/pump-house and pipes,etc. But they say the land should be donated to BR for nicer development to compliment Hilton Capitol /Shaw Center. That's were I wish they could build a riverarium to keep the watery theme going?

I'll go over to the Southen Photo's and add a few of the shaw center.

I looked down at the water works site and I should have snapped a shot. Next time I'm downtown, I'll try to remember to get a shot of it.

Could that little bump in the horizon on the left be the Mariott at Citiplace?

I made another picture of the future BR skyline. This time I used the pictures though. I couldn't put Laurel Street tower on there though because it wasn't rendered from a good angle, so I just copied and pasted a third Chase tower on the picture. Sorry RiverPlace is sloppy,but you've got to have a really steady hand to cut that thing out.

brsky1qs9.png

Edited by dan326

WOW Dan the man! :shades: That's fantastic ! I'll say it again, you have skills. RiverPlace is not sloppy at all, I think it looks great. So glad you take the interest and time here in the BR Forum. You should be proud of yourself. ;) Two City Plaza looks great too. Could that spire bump Two City Plaza up to the new 4th Tallest in BR ahead of Chase Tower ??? Laurel Tower will definetly add to the density in the CBD.

BTW, RiverPlace will be on the other side of One American Place; on the left-side instead of the right. Just to the right of the thin reddish-tan bldg.( old Advocate)

Notice the Iberville Bldg. is still under construction in that pic; and I don't see the Bienville bldg.

Edited by richyb83

WOW Dan the man! :shades: That's fantastic ! I'll say it again, you have skills. RiverPlace is not sloppy at all, I think it looks great. So glad you take the interest and time here in the BR Forum. You should be proud of yourself. ;) Two City Plaza looks great too. Could that spire bump Two City Plaza up to the new 4th Tallest in BR ahead of Chase Tower ??? Laurel Tower will definetly add to the density in the CBD.

BTW, RiverPlace will be on the other side of One American Place; on the left-side instead of the right. Just to the right of the thin reddish-tan bldg.( old Advocate)

Notice the Iberville Bldg. is still under construction in that pic; and I don't see the Bienville bldg.

Thanks Richy. :) Good to here I did a good job. I was looking for that Advocate building, but just couldn't find it.

About RiverPlace, do you know how many units are reserved. I was just wondering. I bet when they're finished my grandmother is going to say she should move there. Everytime a new housing development is finished my grandmother says she should move there. :D

Great job Dan the man. I am still waiting to hear about these groundbreakings?? I'm almost tired of waiting; but I can hardly wait !

Thanks. What I always try to say is that when you wait for something, it makes it better when you finally get something. But I have to admit that I am ready for the groundbreaking to happen.Richard Preis must have fallen into a deep sleep, were he can't hear the cries of humanity

I made another picture of the future BR skyline. This time I used the pictures though. I couldn't put Laurel Street tower on there though because it wasn't rendered from a good angle, so I just copied and pasted a third Chase tower on the picture. Sorry RiverPlace is sloppy,but you've got to have a really steady hand to cut that thing out.

brsky1qs9.png

Nice job dan.....

You may wish to add the new Judicial Building and LaCaps new HQ's to your image too.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

^That was the shot before his re-do. His re-do has RiverPlace on the left side of One American Place from that angle. And the new 19th Judicial Courthouse will be just barely off the right edge from Two City Plaza. And the LACAP bldg. may not be seen from that angle; it's only 5-stories. But it's a nice addition.

Actually today Wampold showed the new modified version of Two City Plaza today at the DDD meeting. Wish I could have been there; It should be approved at the Planning meeting October 2nd! I can't wait to see the new rendering! I will be sure to post news on BR Development thread. :thumbsup:

Edited by richyb83

^That was the shot before his re-do. His re-do has RiverPlace on the left side of One American Place from that angle. And the new 19th Judicial Courthouse will be just barely off the right edge from Two City Plaza. And the LACAP bldg. may not be seen from that angle; it's only 5-stories. But it's a nice addition.

Actually today Wampold showed the new modified version of Two City Plaza today at the DDD meeting. Wish I could have been there; It should be approved at the Planning meeting October 2nd! I can't wait to see the new rendering! I will be sure to post news on BR Development thread. :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm familiar with Wampold. They used to own the apartment complex I lived in before buying my house last year. They sold that property and many others to Patrician Management about 2 years ago.