UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

Pomegranate is now open in West End. Stopped in last night for a nightcap after dinner, so didn't have any food, but can say they have some fun specialty drinks. The best part of this restaurant is the location and large windows / view. Looking out onto the curve of Main you could see the lights of Falls Park / Mary's Cottage and Lattitude. Great people watching spot. The interior is very well done and highly detailed. Heading back this weekend for dinner to check out the food.

I had lunch there last week and it was AWESOME! We went on one of those unusually warm days and sat outside. The food was GREAT - I reccomend the Chinjeh :wub: .

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I though this was a joke or a typo when I saw it, but a chain restaurant called Quaker Steak and Lube has applied for a zoning variance to build beside the Harley Davidson place on Chrome Drive. Although I now understand the basis for their name, it still isn't very appetizing. Has anyone eaten at one of these before?

Interesting. I have heard of this chain and seen one somewhere before, but I do not recall where. After looking at their website, they started in Pennsylvania (hence the "Quaker" in the name) and have most of their locations in PA and OH. Their only Southern locations are Charlotte, NC, Knoxville, TN, and Clearwater, FL.

I though this was a joke or a typo when I saw it, but a chain restaurant called Quaker Steak and Lube has applied for a zoning variance to build beside the Harley Davidson place on Chrome Drive. Although I now understand the basis for their name, it still isn't very appetizing. Has anyone eaten at one of these before?

Fantastic news! This place is really good. My family is from Western PA/Eastern Ohio and there are several up there. Very good wings...and the whole place has an automotive theme which should fit in well in Greenville. The closest one that I know of is near Concord Mills.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but got word today that Fleming's is not proceeding with the deal they had in Greenville....they are not building here. Last I heard, they were going to be in the development they are building in front of Whole Foods on Woodruff...anyone know who is going to be there now?

Not sure if this has already been posted, but got word today that Fleming's is not proceeding with the deal they had in Greenville....they are not building here. Last I heard, they were going to be in the development they are building in front of Whole Foods on Woodruff...anyone know who is going to be there now?

There have been rumors that it will be a Ruth's Chris there instead of a Fleming's, but others have heard that Ruth's Chris will not be there after all (but will instead be on Roper Mountain Road at Crowne Plaza). So it's anyone's guess at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what is up with Pinky's at The Point? They just had their grand opening in December, but then I went by this weekend and they were closed. There was a sign on the door and it said "closed until May for remodeling". :dontknow: Theyjust remodeled the place for the grand opening. Have they had a kitchen fire? Plumbing problem? :dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...

You can read a nice little article in today's Greenville News about the new restaurant opening at McBee Station. It is called, "MaryBeth's," and will specialize in traditional "Southern" food and atmosphere, including breakfast and lunch. Sounds like a very nice addition to the already expansive downtown culinary options. :shades:

It sounds like a great restaurant. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed today the Pinky's spot at The Point is for lease. Pinky's stayed open all of what....one month? :wacko: It's been closed now for two months or so. I must say, it is such a great location, one can only assume it was very poor management. The money they put into redoing Bob Evans, and then to stay open one month. Bad management. This was the same group that owns BlueFire, Midtown Deli and Flat Rock. Think they over extended themselves?

Noticed today the Pinky's spot at The Point is for lease. Pinky's stayed open all of what....one month? :wacko: It's been closed now for two months or so. I must say, it is such a great location, one can only assume it was very poor management. The money they put into redoing Bob Evans, and then to stay open one month. Bad management. This was the same group that owns BlueFire, Midtown Deli and Flat Rock. Think they over extended themselves?

Wow, that's awful. I honestly wonder if part of the problem was the name. Is "Pinky's" really a good name? Was their font, signage, exterior appearance, and interior appealing to most people?

The strange thing is that the group obviously knows what they are doing, if those other restaurants are any indication. Flat Rock is a great restaurant in my opinion, and I have heard good things about Blue Fire Grill and Midtown Deli. Hmm...

Don't know if this is the place for restaurant updates:

Hooters is relocating from Laurens and Haywood roads to the former Cracker Barrel on Woodruff Road at I-85.

O'Charley's and Cheeseburger in Paradise both closed their stores on Haywood Road.

I'm a little surprised O'Charley's is closing but then again they always seemed to be an Applebee's wannabe but every time I went I liked it. I'm not surprised Cheeseburger is Paradise is closed. I never went there and never saw it advertised. I remember when the Hooter's first moved into the Lauren's Road location and how controversial it was with the church next door.

Don't know if this is the place for restaurant updates:

Hooters is relocating from Laurens and Haywood roads to the former Cracker Barrel on Woodruff Road at I-85.

O'Charley's and Cheeseburger in Paradise both closed their stores on Haywood Road.

BOOO! :o That's one thing that Laurens Rd is severely lacking is restaurants other than fast food. Another one bites the dust... or moves.

I always enjoyed O'Charley's and Cheeseburger in Paradise. Dang! Now I've got no choice BUT Woodruff Rd to eat at.

...I'm not surprised Cheeseburger is Paradise is closed. I never went there and never saw it advertised. I remember when the Hooter's first moved into the Lauren's Road location and how controversial it was with the church next door.

Frankly, I am quite surprised that Cheeseburger in Paradise is closed. It's been boarded up for a couple of weeks at least. My wife and I go to the Chick-fil-A on Haywood every Saturday Morning for breakfast and it caught me by surprise to see it boarded up. The reason I'm so surprised is that they had HUGE draw. The parking lot was almost ALWAYS packed, but then again...who knows. The food was pretty good there, but we stayed away because of the other types of crowds they were drawing (i.e. that "meat market" crowd that frequents Chief's).

My wife is not happy about Cheeseburger in Paradise closing. She's been without the Strawberry Banana Coladas for about 8 months + a few weeks now and was looking forward to one here in the next few months. So who can point me to where to take her for the drinks once the baby is here? (Ha ha ha yes I know we'll never really make it back out again but I need some help here) :rolleyes:

There must be problems brewing within the Cheeseburger in Paradise chain. They just recently (within the past month) closed several locations in addition to ours......Lansing, MI / Asheville, NC / Leawood, KS to name a few. The Leawood location was in a prime area in the premier retail burb of Kansas City.

OSI owns Cheeseburger in Paradise. Wonder if they are refocusing their energy on their larger brands? :dontknow:

Archived