Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

The new college football AP Poll was released yesterday, and here is how they ranked the Top 25:

Week 1 AP Top 25:

1. Ohio State

2. Notre Dame

3. Texas

4. Auburn

5. West Virginia

6. USC

7. Florida

8. LSU

9. California

10. Oklahoma

11. Florida State

12. Miami (FL)

13. Louisville

14. Michigan

15. Georgia

16. Iowa

17. Virginia Tech

18. Clemson

19. Penn State

20. Nebraska

21. Oregon

22. TCU

23. Tennessee

24. Arizona State

25. Texas Tech

Three SEC teams in the top 10, and five in the top 25, not too shabby! :thumbsup:

Sports Illustrated also released their first Top 20 poll recently, and overall this is much more accurate, IMO.

1. Ohio State

2. Notre Dame

3. Texas

4. LSU

5. USC

6. West Virginia

7. Auburn

8. Cal

9. Florida

10. Michigan

11. Georgia

12. Florida State

13. Louisville

14. Oklahoma

15. Clemson

16. Arizona State

17. Miami

18. Nebraska

19. Penn State

20. Oregon

Thanks for posting Nate. There is a BUZZZ in the air around here, or is it just me ? I can't wait.

I like Sports Illustrated too. CBS Sportsline and Sporting News also have LSU at # 4. I think Notre Dame may be rated a little too high.

As with any sucessful team, you got to stay as healthy as possible. New starting MLB Luke Sanders must stay healthy. And the the O-Line has to come together for LSU. Expect to see more QB's playing for LSU than last year.

In today's Shreveport Times there was an article talking about the new sponsor of the Independence Bowl, PetroSun. As it turns out, former Dallas Cowboy Rayfield Wright, who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and was interviewed by ESPN during the Dallas/New Orleans game the other night, is President of the company.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NEWS01/60822028

• 2 weeks later...

I wish it was on T.V., better yet, I wish I was there! But I'll be happy flipping between USC/Arkansas and Notre Dame/Georgia Tech.

Football is finally here!!

Yeah you right ! FOOTBALL IS HERE !!!!! :w00t:

Lots of great college games on T.V. today.

We were at the game tonite, it was lots of fun. LSU beat ULL 45-3. LSU showed a little class by not scoring at the end. The highlight of the night was the return of Alley Broussard.(missed entire 05' season w/ knee injury) He ran the ball well! All three QB's played tonite; Ryan Perilloux finally got to play, but only the last couple of couple minutes. ULL should have a nice season and challenge for the SunBelt Conf. Title, they fought hard. :good:

I did not realize that LSU had won the last 10 meetings vs. ULL by a combined score of 542-0. :wacko: So now it's 587-3. ULL got a FG when LSU fumbled a punt deep in their territory.

Edited by richyb83

Week 2 AP Top 25

1. Ohio State

2. Texas

3. USC

4. Notre Dame

4. Auburn

6. West Virginia

7. Florida

8. LSU

9. Florida State

10. Michigan

11. Tennessee

12. Georgia

13. Louisville

14. Iowa

15. Oklahoma

16. Virginia Tech

17. Miami (FL)

18. Clemson

19. Penn State

20. Oregon

21. Nebraska

22. California

24. Texas Tech

25. Arizona State

^Hey Nate and Brian, we are all in the same boat then; because I am torn to. That also seems to be the theme in the UP Sports forum"Football Predictions". Hard choice! I think the Buckeyes could return the favor this year in Austin, after losing last season in Columbus near the end of the game. I guess I would have to give Ohio St. the "slight" edge. Another nail biter? Ohio State's D is nowhere as good as they were last year; but then again VY has gone to the NFL(new inexperienced QB Colt McCoy).

Edited by richyb83

Here is some great news..

Saints Sell Record 65,000 Season Tickets

Benson praises N.O. fans for 'unprecedented' support

Article

Coming off a 3-13 season complicated by Hurricane Katrina's widespread impact, the Saints have surpassed all marks for season ticket sales and are on the verge of selling out the entire regular season for the first time in the club's 40-year history.
"This is unprecedented," Saints owner Tom Benson said at an impromptu press conference Tuesday at the team's headquarters. "This is the start of something good, real good -- maybe even something great."

Yeah you right ! I know I am ready for some football. Thanks ironchapman for visting the Louisiana forum.

The College season started last week with a BANG!!! And tommorrow #1 Ohio State vs. #2 Texas. And next weekend Sept.16th might be the biggest of the season!

The NFC South looks strong again! The Panthers/Falcons will be one to watch Sunday. Peyton and the Colts will face Eli and the Giants in an interesting match-up. The Saints have some issues on the O-Line. I hope they can mesh during the season for Deuce & Bush ?

Edited by richyb83

8th ranked LSU dismantled Arizona 45-3. LSU had a balanced attack by rushing for 231yds/passing for 230 yards; total of 461 yards vs. Arizona's total of 152 yards! There were also some bonecrushing hits by the Defense too.

"Showdown Saturday" Sept. 16th **** LSU vs. Auburn 2:30 CBS!!!***

#1 Ohio State beat #2 Texas tonite 24-7.

Edited by richyb83

That LSU game really wasn't even a game. I was there, and man did we kick the crap out of Arizona. Arizone came out and jumped on the eye of the tiger before the game, and then supposedly spit on Mike The Tiger. Well, they ended up losing by 42, so I'm pretty sure LSU had the last laugh. :lol:

And the Saints beat the Browns today 19-14. The defense, especially the defensive line, really came to play. The O-line also had a great game, contributing to the great performances of Reggie Bush, Deuce McAllister, and Drew Brees.

Manning Bowl on next! :thumbsup:

The SAINTS are 1-0!!! :yahoo: They utilized Bush in all facets of the game; esp. 8 receptions for 58 yards. Peyton did a great job of mixing-it-up with Deuce & Bush. The D looked much improved and the O-Line was a pleasant suprise too. :thumbsup:

I was at the game last nite too...as if LSU needed a reason to demolish them. Not a smart move at all after completing warm-ups 25:00 minutes before the game. The Tigers were already back in the locker room, I wonder who notified them???

I never heard or saw anything about spitting on Mike ?? hmm :dontknow: What an insult to resort to kicking a FG late in the game down 45-0. :rofl:

And the Saints beat the Browns today 19-14. The defense, especially the defensive line, really came to play. The O-line also had a great game, contributing to the great performances of Reggie Bush, Deuce McAllister, and Drew Brees.

Indeed it was a good game (I however, only saw the highlights, but Bush still looked good).

Falcons toppled the Panthers 20-6. Needless to say, Atlanta's ecstatic.

I'm still waiting for the Saints-Falcons match up at the Superdome. My thoughts: it'll all come down to the defense. The offense on both sides is great.

Well, thanks to last weeks impressive anhialation of Arizona, and some less impressive performances or losses by teams in front of them, LSU moved up two spots in the AP poll to #6.

Week 3 AP Top 25

1. Ohio State

2. Notre Dame

3. Auburn

4. USC

5. West Virginia

6. LSU

7. Florida

8. Texas

9. Florida State

10. Georgia

11. Michigan