Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

No prob Rod.

Nov 4- at Tennessee

11th- (H)Alabama

18th- (H)Ole Miss

24th- at Arkansas in Little Rock

TODAY:

Ole Miss gave Auburn a scare; only lost 23-17.

Oklahoma beat Mizzou 26-10

Hope you enjoy the Fall foliage going on up there, take some pics because down here in south Louisiana we don't have a Fall foliage. :lol:

No prob Rod.

Nov 4- at Tennessee

11th- (H)Alabama

18th- (H)Ole Miss

24th- at Arkansas in Little Rock

TODAY:

Ole Miss gave Auburn a scare; only lost 23-17.

Oklahoma beat Mizzou 26-10

Hope you enjoy the Fall foliage going on up there, take some pics because down here in south Louisiana we don't have a Fall foliage. :lol:

Looks a bit rough. You can't even really just assume you'll get a win out of Ole Miss too. This year it really seems like anyone can truely beat anyone this year in the SEC.

Huge upset today in the college football world:

Oregon State: 33

#3 USC: 31

About time.

It's clearly not the Saints day. The Ravens are embarrassing them 28-7 at the half. Too many turnovers and missed opportunities have dug themselves a big hole. The bye week can be good or bad for a team sometimes. Hopefully the Saints will make a respectable comeback in the 2nd half. Plenty of passing to come. The Ravens are a solid team, but the Saints are making them look like Super Bowl contenders.

Wow the Bears are demolishing the hapless 49ers 34-0 in the 2nd qtr.

The Saints flat out gave them 21 of those points. It should be 14-7 Saints right now, but the offense and defense are just screwing around out there. Baltimore is really doing nothing, we're just letting them convert on anything, anytime, anywhere. :sick:

Undrafted rookie free-agent CB-Ronnie Prude from LSU is all over the field; TD 98 yards to go for the Saints.; NOT Dwan Landry from Hahnville another rookie just scored another Int TD. 35-7 The 2nd half started with 2 penalties on the first 2 plays. :sick: This is hard to watch, the Ravens D has pressured Brees all afternoon forcing bad throws. OUUUCCCHHH

On a more positive note CBS has shown some nice aerials of the NOLA CBD and nice shot of Jackson Square. :thumbsup:

I was not sure about the Ravens/Saints game. The Ravens were 4-2 coming into the week with the #1 ranked Defense in the NFL. The Saints are good; but not that good to be that suprised they lost.

The Cowboys beating the Panthers like they did was a suprise, esp. with a QB-making his first career start on the road against a quality team.

Yeah the Eagles are in a tail-spin right now. And look at the Super Bowl Champ Steelers this year at 2-5.

That's what makes football interesting..no one can always predict the winner, I know I sure can't. :dontknow:

Well, LSU is really playing some great defensive football at Tennessee right now, and the offense is developing as well. LSU leads Tennessee 7-0 now early in the 2nd quarter. LSU's defense is showing why they're the #1 defense in the country, holding Tennessee's offense to negative yards in the 1st quarter, and no first downs.

Hopefully the Tigers will keep this up! :thumbsup:

What a suprise, the refs screwed LSU over again! <_<

I won't run down the whole play, but the fact that replay's clearly showed that the ball not only hit the Tennessee players' wrist, but that the ball also changed its movement and direction after it did so. Of course, the refs, not wanting to piss off 100,000 Tennessee fans, just as was the case at Florida and Auburn, "didn't see it."

I have never seen any Team "EVER" get SCREWED on the ROAD as MUCH as LSU has !!!!!!! NEVER !!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry: Unbelievable......it's ANOTHER GAME CHANGING CALL!!! AGAIN, AGAIN, and AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Add to LSU 9 Penalties......Tennessee 0.......YEAH RIGHT. The Vols never HOLD?? How convieniant is that???

I'm hoping they can regroup on come-up with a "Big-Time" W !!!!! Just WIN!!! LSU CAN DO IT!!!!! :thumbsup:

Alright, now that was a very impressive drive by JaMarcus Russell and the LSU offense, capped off with a touchdown. Now, the defense needs to go out and do what they did in most of the first half, stop the Vols. We're only down by 3 with 24 minutes of game left, lets go.

LSU wins 28-24!

What a game! After a Tennessee touchdown, LSU got the ball with 7 minutes left in the game, drove 80 yards, converted on a 4th down, and JaMarcus Russell threw the game winning touchdown with 9 seconds remaining. At halftime, coach Les Miles told the CBS sideline reported that "we have one hell of a team, and we're going to show it in the second half." Well, they certainly did, and came through in a very big conference win over 8th ranked Tennessee.

My player of the game; JaMarcus Russel. He had 247 passing yards, 71 rushing yards, and 3 touchdowns. He had three interceptions, but 2 were simply tipped in the air, and there's nothing he can do about that. Truly, he had one pick. In the 3rd quarter he lead his team down the field twice, scoring two touchdowns, after throwing an interception that was returned for a touchdown to start the quarter. He had many big running plays, including his career long of 34 in the first half, and he kept his poise and came up big when it counted most. :thumbsup:

What a game going today between the Saints and Bucs. A day of contrast! All Saints 1st qtr. 17-0; all Bucs 2nd qtr. 17-14 at the half.

The Saints have regained control w/ a nice TD drive in the 3rd...now up 24-14.

WR- Marques Colston 6'4" 231- 7th round pick from Hofstra is the steal of the draft of a lifetime. He's a Beast. Bush has found it tough gaining any yardage on the ground. 8 carries for -5 yards. But he's making some nice receptions and punt returns. Duece get's some tough yards. Devery Henderson got wide-open on a long TD pass play. Brees is looking good! The Bucs have dropped a few potential INT's.

The Saints are playing w/o starters WR-Joe Horn and LT-Jamaal Brown. Brown's replacement is another 7th round rookie-massive Zach Strief 6'-7" 349 doing a good job blocking All Pro DE-Simeon Rice, despite playing with an injured hand!!! Props to the Saints!! All's I heard before the season was yall drafted Bush and nobody else. Hmmm...NOT

Edited by richyb83

What an awesome performance by the entire Saints team today. The Saints absolutely owned the Bucs through most of the game, and Drew Brees just picked them apart, going 24/32 for 314 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions. The running game was nowhere to be found today, and Joe Horn was inactive, but rookie reciever Marques Colston stepped up big again, catching 11 passes for 123 yards and 1 touchdown. The seventh round pick out of Hofstra now has 700 recieving yards this season. WR Devery Henderson out of LSU also stepped up, catching 3 passes for 111 yards and 2 touchdowns. Even after a lackluster 2nd quarter, the defense held the Bucs offense to only 226 yards and 14 points; 0 in the second half. Michael Lewis and Reggie Bush both had great games returning kicks and punts, and John Karney was perfect on all extra points and one field goal.

Final Score:

New Orleans- 31

Tampa Bay- 14

And looking at the entire NFL today...

Big upset today in Chicago, with the Dolphins pulling a huge win over the undefeated Bears. The media was all over the Bears even after that Arizona fiasco; "the team of the century," "better than the '85 Bears," "maybe the best Bears team ever," by far the best team in the NFL," etc. Well, I didn't buy it then, and I definately don't buy it now, the Bears are good, but not unbeatable, not even close.

And how about that Redskins-Cowboys game!? That was definately one of the craziest endings to an NFL game I've ever seen, especially live. The 15 yard facemask penalty tacked on to the end of the field goal block return, which allowed the Redskins to get into field goal range and win the game, looked like only a 5 yard variation to me, but, what's done is done.

Will both undefeated NFL teams fall today? We'll see now with the Colts playing the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.

And looking at the entire NFL today...

Big upset today in Chicago, with the Dolphins pulling a huge win over the undefeated Bears. The media was all over the Bears even after that Arizona fiasco; "the team of the century," "better than the '85 Bears," "maybe the best Bears team ever," by far the best team in the NFL," etc. Well, I didn't buy it then, and I definately don't buy it now, the Bears are good, but not unbeatable, not even close.

And how about that Redskins-Cowboys game!? That was definately one of the craziest endings to an NFL game I've ever seen, especially live. The 15 yard facemask penalty tacked on to the end of the field goal block return, which allowed the Redskins to get into field goal range and win the game, looked to me like only a 5 yard variation to me, but, what's done is done.

Will both undefeated NFL teams fall today? We'll see now with the Colts playing the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.

I didn't even get to see the Cowboys game. :cry:

I didn't even get to see the Cowboys game. :cry:

Well, I'm sure you know by now that they lost. Either way, though, it was a great game. And yet again, Terrell Owens made a complete ass out of himself on national TV; stupid endzone celebrations that cost the Cowboys 15 yards, and after screaming on the sidelines about not getting the ball, Romo hit him wide open, in stride, and Owens just drops it. That would have been an easy touchdown, too. :rolleyes: