Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Well, I'm sure you know by now that they lost. Either way, though, it was a great game. And yet again, Terrell Owens made a complete ass out of himself on national TV; stupid endzone celebrations that cost the Cowboys 15 yards, and after screaming on the sidelines about not getting the ball, Romo hit him wide open, in stride, and Owens just drops it. That would have been an easy touchdown, too. :rolleyes:

Yeah I checked online for the score, and then cried for a while in my beer. I was, for a moment, the perfect country song.

I sometimes truly believe T.O. does these things on purpose. Man he pisses me off.

Jerry Jones says that bringing Owens in was a "dual decision" by both he and Bill Parcells, but I think everyone knows that that was not the case. Jones wanted him, Parcells didn't, and for good reason. They're paying him all that money, and having to deal with all of his distractions, and for what? He's not even the best reciever on the team, that honor goes to Terry Glenn. He's constantly dropping passes, and goes into the most worthless and flamboyant celebrations after 2 yard catches. Up to this point at least, I think he's been a huge waste of time, effort, and of course, money.

Big upset today in Chicago, with the Dolphins pulling a huge win over the undefeated Bears. The media was all over the Bears even after that Arizona fiasco; "the team of the century," "better than the '85 Bears," "maybe the best Bears team ever," by far the best team in the NFL," etc. Well, I didn't buy it then, and I definately don't buy it now, the Bears are good, but not unbeatable, not even close.

I totally agree Nate! The Cardinals exposed some serious weaknesses in the Bears on MNF. A better team would have finished them off!

BTW...Honestly who is the Best Team in the NFC ??? It's wide-open IMO.

Jerry Jones says that bringing Owens in was a "dual decision" by both he and Bill Parcells, but I think everyone knows that that was not the case. Jones wanted him, Parcells didn't, and for good reason. They're paying him all that money, and having to deal with all of his distractions, and for what? He's not even the best reciever on the team, that honor goes to Terry Glenn. He's constantly dropping passes, and goes into the most worthless and flamboyant celebrations after 2 yard catches. Up to this point at least, I think he's been a huge waste of time, effort, and of course, money.

Oh yes, we all know there are no "dual decisions" within the Cowboys organization. What JJ wants, JJ gets. That's got to stop.

Around the SEC this Saturday... the Nations Toughtest Conference!

alabam65no8.gif (6-4)

AT

lsuki0.jpg #12 (7-2)

6:45 ESPN

(6-4)Georgia is crushing #5th ranked (9-1)Auburn in their own backyard in the 4th quarter 37-15 !!!!! You just never know in the nation's most intriguing conference!

(5-4) South Carolina at #4 (8-1) Florida on CBS 2:30

#16 (7-2) Tennessee at # 11 (8-1) Arkansas on ESPN2 6:00

Who do yall think will win the Tennessee/Arkansas game tonight??

Edited by richyb83

You know, I have had something to write about Reggie Bush for a long time. Here it is (I posted this at SaintsReport).

Reggie isn't putting up any numbers. No defensive cordinators are setting up their gameplan around him. Especially after is last record setting game of 11 rushes for -5 yards (hasn't been done in 25 years with a player over 10 rush attempts). Bush is LAST IN THE NFL in yds per carry. How long will he be a decoy for? It doesn't make sense.

Reggie Bush has 70 rushes for 212 yards. Thats a whopping 3.0 yards per carry. How many TDs? Zero. This is behind the exact same line that has let McCallister rush for over 4.7 yards per carry (and 4 TDs!). And don't say its because Bush isn't getting carries, because Deuece only has 26 more carries (over 7 games thats less than 4 per game more than Bush is getting).

Bush is a league leader in receptions, but his yards per reception is pretty embarassing. While catching 42 balls, he's only amassed 290 yards receiving. Compare this to Colston ( 33 receptions, 577 yards, 17.5 ypc, 6 tds) or Horn (30 receptions, 507 yards, 16.9 ypc, 3 tds) or even ANOTHER slot guy, Henderson (8 receptions, 107 yards, 13.8 ypc, 1 td) production on the same team. And how many receiving tds has Bush managed catching the ball 42 times? Again, 0...

He has also fumbled and lost the ball twice, despite ESPN crediting the last one to Brees. He has also thrown for an interception.

So in retrospect, Bush has rushed the ball 70 times, received the ball out of the slot 42 times, and amassed a total of 512 yards, with ZERO touchdowns. He's had the ball 112 times, and never scored...

People can claim all they want that defenses are keying on him, that he is a special athelete just waiting to bust out, that the Texans are stupid for passing on him, but the fact is none of that is true. After 8 weeks defenses would not be keying on him so much with no production. Defenses key on LT, LJ, Tiki all the time and they still put up huge numbers. Not Bush. Is he a special athelete? Yep, he's a great athlete. He just hasn't learned that his dancing and outside running won't work in the NFL, and even when he does, his style of running won't work between the tackles.

People can claim all they want that defenses are keying on him, that he is a special athelete just waiting to bust out, that the Texans are stupid for passing on him, but the fact is none of that is true. After 8 weeks defenses would not be keying on him so much with no production. Defenses key on LT, LJ, Tiki all the time and they still put up huge numbers. Not Bush. Is he a special athelete? Yep, he's a great athlete. He just hasn't learned that his dancing and outside running won't work in the NFL, and even when he does, his style of running won't work between the tackles.

But honestly, he is not a decoy (you have to be effective for that), he is not a running back (he is horrible), but he is a decent reciever (tons of catches, but at the bottom of the league in yds per catch).

I also just realized this about Reggie Bush. His teammate running back, Deuce McAllister had 111 Attempts for 487 yards, with a 4.4 yard average. Long was 57 yards. Five touchdowns, four runs over 20 yards, and 26 first downs made

Reggie: 81 Attempts for 207 yards, with a 2.6 yard average. 0 touchdowns, no runs over 20 yards. Seven first downs made.

Again, I am only talking about rushing. Reggie's rushing yards are poor. His recieving stats are good, though. Let's compare Reggie with a rookie on another team. Wali Lundy, of the 2-6 Houston Texans has started three games, and played in four. He shares time with Samkon Gado. Here are his stats in four games:

Wali: 74 Attempts for 309 yards, with a 4.2 yard average. Long was 35 yards. Three additional runs for 20 yards or more. 18 first downs made.

In the end, 6-2 matters the most.

Reggie has done good for the citizens of New Orleans. I will give him that. He gave a "light" to the city. He has also gave many donations and participated and a lot of charity events in the Big Easy.

Knowing that Auburn lost to Georgia, I would hope that Tennessee wins against Arkansas. That way LSU will have a chance to win the SEC West :w00t:

Technically LSU still has a chance. But Arkansas would have to lose to Miss St and then LSU. Then LSU would have the tiebreaker. I wouldn't think Miss St would beat Arkansas as well as they're playing right now. But you can't overlook anyone in the SEC and it is down there and Arkansas could be looking ahead to the LSU game.

Around the SEC this Saturday... the Nations Toughtest Conference!

alabam65no8.gif (6-4)

AT

lsuki0.jpg #12 (7-2)

6:45 ESPN

(6-4)Georgia is crushing #5th ranked (9-1)Auburn in their own backyard in the 4th quarter 37-15 !!!!! You just never know in the nation's most intriguing conference!

(5-4) South Carolina at #4 (8-1) Florida on CBS 2:30

#16 (7-2) Tennessee at # 11 (8-1) Arkansas on ESPN2 6:00

Who do yall think will win the Tennessee/Arkansas game tonight??

I did think Arkansas would pull out a win, but I really thought it would be a closer game than that. Florida barely escaped with a win. And what happened to Auburn? They looked horrible, but as you said, it you can't overlook anyone in the SEC. Kentucky also knocked off Vanderbilt which also surprised me. No offense but I hope the SEC West doesn't come down to the Arkansas/LSU game. Houston Nutt has only lost one time down in Little Rock and that team was LSU.

What a heartbreaker of a Saints game today. Lots of momentum changes and I really thought the Saints would pull it off in the end with a touchdown and 2 point conversion. At least they fought hard until the end unlike in the Brooks/Haslett era. The Saints are still one game ahead in the NFC South and if they can maintain that lead for the next 7 weeks, they will be fine. They would have won the game today, but the turnovers really hurt. I think the inexperience on the team may be a factor in that...and Payton just needs to hammer it home to put the ball in both hands and protect it when being tackled.

If the Saints keep playing with the same heart and passion through the season, I can see them finishing with an 11-5 record. They will probably lose another close game or two...but will win more than they lose. For a first year coach with a young team, the Saints are doing better than I ever expected at the start of the season. This year is good,but I can't wait to see how we play next year when these rookies have some experience under thier belt.

GO SAINTS!

You know, I have had something to write about Reggie Bush for a long time.

He'll get there eventually. Too many people bought into the massive ESPN hype and seemed to believe he would be the greatest NFL player in history as soon as he put on a Saints uniform. He is a rookie, and like just about every other rookie in the NFL right now, he is learning the speed of the professional game, making some mistakes, but still improving. He had a nice game today at Pittsburgh with 40 recieving yards and 50 rushing yards and a touchdown in a backup position. Reggie is getting more confident and more skilled in the NFL each week, and he will be a very good player one day, you can count on that.

Man, I was worried for a while there with LSU. It wasn't pretty but they came back and eventually won it in overtime

I was in disbelief. LSU came-out flat-as-a-pancake; looking crappy on all phases of the game. They finally woke-up w/ 10 minutes in the 4th Qtr. They found a way to Win. After watching Arkansas beat Miss.State, LSU acted like it had nothing to play for. They still have alot to play for including a nice bowl-game. Credit Ole Miss..they were fired-up coming off the bye week.

Injuries are begining to mount for LSU. They really missed there leading tackler(LBer) tonight. I figured they might not need him tonight vs. OM, not true. I am not sure if he will play vs. Arkansas? They had better not play like that in LR Friday vs. Arkansas or it could be a long afternoon. LSU needs to get some others healthy too! Should be a great game

Congrats to Arkansas for winning the SEC West Title.

Edited by richyb83

I was in disbelief. LSU came-out flat-as-a-pancake; looking crappy on all phases of the game. They finally woke-up w/ 10 minutes in the 4th Qtr. They found a way to Win. After watching Arkansas beat Miss.State, LSU acted like it had nothing to play for. They still have alot to play for including a nice bowl-game. Credit Ole Miss..they were fired-up coming off the bye week.

Injuries are begining to mount for LSU. They really missed there leading tackler(LBer) tonight. I figured they might not need him tonight vs. OM, not true. I am not sure if he will play vs. Arkansas? They had better not play like that in LR Friday vs. Arkansas or it could be a long afternoon. LSU needs to get some others healthy too! Should be a great game

Congrats to Arkansas for winning the SEC West Title.

Thanks, looks like both Mississippi schools were causing us problems. Really looking forward to see the big game next week.

The Saints lost to the Bengals 31-16 today. Drew Brees set a Saints franchise record shattering 510 yards passing and 2 TD's. BUT 3 crucial INT's..2 in the end-zone when they were about to score; and the other INT goes for a back-breaking TD. The score could have been 31-24 instead. The Saints D was looking sloppy too. The Saints are 6-4 now tied for 1st in the NFC South with the Panthers.

Thanks, looks like both Mississippi schools were causing us problems. Really looking forward to see the big game next week.

Oh, only one day left! :D

Though is LSU comes out like it did against Ole Miss, it won't be a game at all. However, I think that both LSU and Arkansas are going to come out strong, and it's going to be one hell of a game. :thumbsup:

It's gonna be a war! "Battle for the Boot". LSU has won the past three contest; Arkansas want's the "Boot" back. I just hope the SEC officials will not be intimidated and call a neutral game on the road for LSU.

LSU's leading tackler LB-Beckwith missed the OM game with a sprained knee expects to play tommorrow!!! Will he be 100%?? LSU is gonna need him badly vs. Arkansas prolific run game of McFadden/Jones.

Edited by richyb83

14-12 LSU now at the half.

Great game thus far! thumbsup.gif I'm hoping LSU can come out hot in the second half, and that the defense can get back to showing the Hogs why it's the #1 ranked defense in the nation. To do that, we need to keep McFadden and Jones in check, which is much easier said than done.

Well, 20 minutes sure makes a difference!

LSU stopped Arkansas on a big 4th down inside LSU's 35, however, they gave the ball right back to the Hogs. One the first offensive play of that drive, Laron Landry intercepts the pass and takes it back inside the Arkansas 10. On 3rd and goal from the 7, Early Doucet comes up with a big touchdown catch.

The current score:

Tigers- 24

Hogs-12