Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Yes Richy, definately a big day for Reggie and Deuce as well. And how about his 57 yard rumble in the first half, by Deuce, too! :thumbsup:

Reggie Bush recently donated $86,000 to resurface the City Park HS football stadium.

Actually, Richy, Fox Sports got their figures wrong there. A few months ago Reggie did donate a huge amount of money to resurface Tad Gormley Stadium in City Park, but the figure he donated there was around $50,000. The total amount of money he has donated out of his own pocket is the $86,000 figure. And remember guys, this was all before Reggie had even signed a contract with the Saints, at that point, he was just a visitor with a huge heart for the people of this city. An amazing football player, but an even better person.

Gator fan here. I wouldn't ordinarily stop by were it not for the widespread sentiment that LSU 'gave the game away' or 'got jobbed'. And your coach Les Miles can't even bring himself to utter the name of team that vanquished him, referring to the Gators only as 'the other team.' Perhaps he'll learn to lose graciously to the Gators over time.

The Gator perspective is that at least three and possibly four of the turnovers were forced. Russell himself said the goalline fumble was forced. And with an astounding 14 penalties, Gator fans are as apt to feel cheated as you all are.

And the national perspective is that LSU just got out-talented and out-hit by UF.

Hope to see you Tigers recover from your beating so we can administer another in Atlanta.

Or, if you like, you can 'give away' another game. :)

Not looking too good for LSU right now, and yet again, we just continue to kill ourselves. LSU easily could have been up by two touchdowns going into halftime, but stupid mistakes(turnovers) continue to kill us. Hopefully things will improve

Hey gator fan Dale,

I'm not going to count the penalties; but just when exactly they took place. At some game changing moments. If the phantom holding is not called in 2nd qtr. LSU goes up 14-7; then it's a completely different ball game. Then still in 2nd qtr. before Tebow's jump-pass TD; on 3rd down the announcers could not believe they call(late) blow to the head on LSU to give the Gators an automatic 1st & goal GIFT. Ummm?? The truth be told LSU is/was it's own worst enemy w/ some serious "brain farts". Props to Florida they are a good team and forced alot of mistakes. But plenty were self inflicted on LSU.

Don't get too cocky; it's a long season. The Gators need to worry about playing at Auburn for now. Let LSU/Florida play on a neutral field like Atlanta next time. I can't wait.

Edited by richyb83

Hey gator fan Dale,

I'm not going to count the penalties; but just when exactly they took place. At some game changing moments. If the phantom holding is not called in 2nd qtr. LSU goes up 14-7; then it's a completely different ball game. Then still in 2nd qtr. before Tebow's jump-pass TD; on 3rd down the announcers could not believe they call(late) blow to the head on LSU to give the Gators an automatic 1st & goal GIFT. Ummm?? The truth be told LSU is/was it's own worst enemy w/ some serious "brain farts". Props to Florida they are a good team and forced alot of mistakes. But plenty were self inflicted on LSU.

Don't get too cocky; it's a long season. The Gators need to worry about playing at Auburn for now. Let LSU/Florida play on a neutral field like Atlanta next time. I can't wait.

I'm not getting 'too cocky'. I'm saying that LSU fans I know (and your players and your coach) are too cocky, and thus incapable of acknowledging that they were defeated by a better team. They really believe the press clippings about LSU being more talented than other teams and they apparently believed that a victory over Florida was their birthright.

And of course we could ruminate over the 'what ifs ?' and the brain farts. Florida had them too. What about Florida's phantom blow to the head call which greatly aided your only TD drive ? What about that ticky-tack pass interference call ? What about the LSU O-Lineman mugging our DE's and never getting the first holding call ?

And I for one prefer to play LSU again in the SECCG. Bring it on and we'll lay the wood to you a second time.

One word: coaching. LSU was outcoached on nearly all levels. Florida really isn't that much, if any better than LSU. Our coaches, especially on offense, just have no idea how to take advantage of our talent, or just call plays it seems. Florida certainly played a great game on all levels, but I still say that LSU's coaches should really be looking hard at what they're doing. :dontknow:

One word: coaching. LSU was outcoached on nearly all levels. Florida really isn't that much, if any better than LSU. Our coaches, especially on offense, just have no idea how to take advantage of our talent, or just call plays it seems. Florida certainly played a great game on all levels, but I still say that LSU's coaches should really be looking hard at what they're doing. :dontknow:

Congratulations! You're the first LSU fan I'm aware of that has acknowledge the possibility that Florida might be as good or better than LSU. I can't even get LSU fans to mention the 'other team' by name. ;)

Just out of curiosity, what do you think the LSU coaches should be doing with the offense ?

And for the record, I considered that LSU would be Florida's stiffest test this season.

Props to Florida they are a good team and forced alot of mistakes

I acknowledge Florida is as good as LSU. I never said LSU was better. Please read everything :thumbsup: If Florida and LSU played 10 times I could honestly see each team winning five games each(5 to5). Florida was due a win anyway; LSU had won the last 3 out 4 previous meetings. Florida used to whip LSU. The fact of the matter is the SEC is the "BEAST" of conferences. Every team needs to bring there "A" game or they will pay. Just look what Arkansas did to Auburn.

BTW, before the season started I thought Auburn, Florida, and LSU were the best teams

No one I can think of play as tough a schedule as Florida does. I would love to see U.S.C. play the Gator rough schedule.

I always hope the SEC teams win all their bowl games every year! ;)

I like the way yall use Tebow; LSU should try using Flynn or Perrilloux(same way) who are running threats as well.

LSU has issues on the O-Line...we knew that headed into the season.

Edited by richyb83

So guys, with the World Series getting closer every day, I was wondering who you have getting there, and who you think will win it all?

I had the Tigers getting there all along, and they won tonight to win the AL and advance to the World Series. As for my NL champ, I'm going against what seems to be the consensus pick of the Mets, and saying that the Cardinals will win the NL and advance to the World Series.

And finally, who will it all? I say the Detroit Tigers will take home the gold this year. :thumbsup:

Well, like things hadn't been shaken up in the SEC alot already, Auburn came back from that stunning upset to Arkansas and beat #2 ranked Florida tonight. Also, Vanderbilt, yes, I said Vanderbilt, upset #16 Georgia today. :w00t:

And as for the LSU Tigers, they smacked Kentucky by a score of 49-0 tonight. Looking at all of these games, I guess you can say one positive for LSU is that we haven't lost to a team ranked lower than us. *Knocks on wood* ;)

What a whacky College Football Saturday !!! :wacko:

Auburn was just going thru the motions last week and did not respect Arkansas, and got punished. I figured they would come to play more ready vs. Florida. Georgia has not been very impressive this year.

Even the strong LSU teams of the past struggled sometimes vs. lesser opponets Vandy, Troy, UAB,etc. But this LSU team has completely dominated these lesser teams; game-over before the 1st half again and again! I still think LSU has a good chance at finishing 10-2; that's what I predicted before the season and I'm sticking with it. :thumbsup:

What a shame to see the nations best college RB Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma break a collar-bone on a 52 yard TD run and now he's out for the rest of the season. Bowl or no bowl he will be a Top 3 Pick in next years NFL Draft.

Did anyone see the brawl tonight between Miami and Florida International where 13 players where ejected. This was TERRIBLE, the police were even having a difficult time. And the two campus's are only 9 miles apart.

Edited by richyb83

So guys, with the World Series getting closer every day, I was wondering who you have getting there, and who you think will win it all?

I had the Tigers getting there all along, and they won tonight to win the AL and advance to the World Series. As for my NL champ, I'm going against what seems to be the consensus pick of the Mets, and saying that the Cardinals will win the NL and advance to the World Series.

And finally, who will it all? I say the Detroit Tigers will take home the gold this year. :thumbsup:

Probably a good call. But of course I have to pull for the Cardinals. :D

What a whacky College Football Saturday !!! :wacko:

Auburn was just going thru the motions last week and did not respect Arkansas, and got punished. I figured they would come to play more ready vs. Florida. Georgia has not been very impressive this year.

Even the strong LSU teams of the past struggled sometimes vs. lesser opponets Vandy, Troy, UAB,etc. But this LSU team has completely dominated these lesser teams; game-over before the 1st half again and again! I still think LSU has a good chance at finishing 10-2; that's what I predicted before the season and I'm sticking with it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's a shame that the SEC is so tough. It makes it hard for us to place a team in the National Championship now.

Who Dat! Who Dat! Who dat saying dey gonna beat dem Saints? Who Dat! Who Dat!

The Saints beat the Philadelphia Eagles by a score of 27-24 today in the Supersome! The Eagles were widely considered to be one of the top 3 teams in the league, and no one gave the Saints any respect this week, with about two "experts" out of all the networks picking the Saints to win. Well, they did win, coming back from 7 down in the 4th quarter, and are now 5-1 and keep their lead over the NFL South.

AND...Atlanta lost today! My Sunday is complete! :yahoo:

CONGRATS to the SAINTS !!!! 5-1 :thumbsup:

The SAINTS WIN on a last play FG!!! 27-24.....but who's counting??

Great to see Joe Horn get in the end-zone 2 times today too. The Eagles really came storming back in the 2nd-half scoring 3 TD's going up 24-17...after trailing 17-3 at the half. But the Saints kept their composure and just refuse to lose!!! Great leadership helped win this one!

Now a BYE Week coming-up next. Maybe Deuce can loosen whatever bothered him in the 1st half.

The NY Giants put the hammer-down on the Falcons today! Warrick Dunn had a 90 yard TD run.

The Bucs and Titans finally got their first wins of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

So Brian, I don't want to get too cocky, but...

How bout them Cowboys! :lol::P

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love my home state's team... I've just always been a Cowboys fan first.

BUT I'll tell you how 'bout them Cowboys...

Big Tuna

P.O. T.O.

Jerry Jones.

CUT THE FAT!! Jerry Jones has been on my sh*t list ever since he got rid of Jimmy Johnson.

And I truly believe it's time for Parcells to retire. I've always respected the man, and he's been an excellent coach over the years... but he's long past his prime and I truly believe it's time to leave the game.

And P.O. T.O.... don't even get me started on that showboating headcase...

I'm not sure if benching veteran QB-Drew Bledsoe in favor of back-up Tony Romo is the answer? I wonder if T.O. has anything to do with that? I feel bad for Terry Glenn. The poor play on the O-Line is also responsible; Drew is not nearly as mobile as Romo. Sometimes I guess cahange is necessary. I think this could be Parcell's last year anyway. I do not like how Jerry Jones did Hall of Fame Coach Tom Landry. That made me sour. :sick:

Edited by richyb83

I'm not sure if benching veteran QB-Drew Bledsoe in favor of back-up Tony Romo is the answer? I wonder if T.O. has anything to do with that? I feel bad for Terry Glenn. The poor play on the O-Line is also responsible; Drew is not nearly as mobile as Romo. Sometimes I guess cahange is necessary. I think this could be Parcell's last year anyway. I do not like how Jerry Jones did Hall of Fame Coach Tom Landry. That made me sour. :sick:

Bledsoe certainly isn't the same Bledsoe he was back when he was playing for the Patriots under Parcells, but Tony Romo is certainly not the answer either.

Man, how I wish we had another Troy Aikman.

Bledsoe certainly isn't the same Bledsoe he was back when he was playing for the Patriots under Parcells, but Tony Romo is certainly not the answer either.

Man, how I wish we had another Troy Aikman.

Until they have a better offensive line I'm not sure it matters a huge deal what QB is back there.

Well, you better believe I'll be rooting for the Cowboys this weekend against the Saints' division foe Carolina. I think Dallas is going to get beaten soundly, and that Peppers and Rucker are going to have a field day with Dallas' offensive line, but I'm rootin' for 'um! :D

Well, you better believe I'll be rooting for the Cowboys this weekend against the Saints' division foe Carolina. I think Dallas is going to get beaten soundly, and that Peppers and Rucker are going to have a field day with Dallas' offensive line, but I'm rootin' for 'um! :D

:cry: :cry: We don't have a snowball's chance against Carolina. I hate to say that, but it's true. But of course I'll be rooting for my team as well.

Anyone have the remaining schedule for LSU? I'm not sure if I'll get much of a chance to check SEC football this weekend. It's supposed to be peak for fall foliage up here so I'm planning on being out a lot taking pics. But anyway I just wanted to see what's left on LSU's schedule.