Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

How many seats does Tiger Stadium have now?

I believe the official capacity of Tiger Stadium right now is somewhere around 92,400. And they are working on plans to add an upper deck to the north or south side of the stadium that would put the capacity well over 105,000.

I believe the official capacity of Tiger Stadium right now is somewhere around 92,400. And they are working on plans to add an upper deck to the north or south side of the stadium that would put the capacity well over 105,000.

:shok: My goodness, that's big enough to hold a smaller mid-sized city.

:shok: My goodness, that's big enough to hold a smaller mid-sized city.

And the thing is, they need to have a stadium that big. LSU could have a stadium with a capacity of 120,000(which Tiger Stadium may one day be) and still have a waiting list for tickets. I really wouldn't be suprised to see Tiger Stadium eventually becoming bigger than the city of Lafayette, which pre-Katrina had a population of around 111,000.

For anyone not familiar with what I'm talking about, this is it. Link

Classic Saints football...

:lol:

The Saints must have not done good because even I know they didn't do well and I don't know anything about football.This brings up a funny story though. One time in the locker room I found a rubber band bracelet ,you know the ones that say things on them and this one said "SAINTS" with the Saints colors on it and I sold it to a kid in my class. And one of the funny things about it was I had told my friend just moment earlier,just kidding around that I was going to sell it, and I asked the kid I sold it to if he was a fan and he said yes and it went from there. Sorry about the excess amount of "ands".

Edited by dan326

Here is the the current worldwide ESPN NFL poll,

Which layer would you rather watch this season?

{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|} 77%

Reggie Bush

{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|} 23%

Michael Vick

Total Votes: 47,791

Who would have ever thought people would be more excited to watch a Saints player than Micheal Vick! :blink:

And yea, I'm not exactly a huge Panthers fan either. The only reason I like the Panthers even a little bit, is because Jake Delhomme is from Breaux Bridge, LA, and the Saints were too stupid to keep him instead of Aaron "hey look, I threw the ball in the wrong direction" Brooks.

Thanks for YouTube clip of Aaron Brooks. What's one of many reasons my Dad refered to him as "Monkey Muggs"...with his goofy looking self making all those bone-headed mistakes. His attitude really errked me too. No leadership skills either. Sorry, but he does have some talent.

TWO LOUISIANA Boyz at QB for the Carolina Panthers! Stefan LeFors, he's a 2nd-year player(4th round draft pick) and currently third string from BR. I am friends him and his brother. ESPN did a story on his Deaf family. LSU passed right over him, he almost walked on ULL; his brother sent tapes and Louisville took him. The rest is history ! :thumbsup: Last year even Nick Saban sent QB coach to BR to evaluate him before the NFL Draft. His HS buddy NFL WR-Michael Clayton could not show-up had knee surgery; Stefan called ME to go catch for him. But I missed my chance at work that day he never called me back. I told him I would have missed work to catch some passes. :(

Dan the Man...PE was my favorite...One of my few Classes I made Straight "A'"s

BTW Tiger Stadium is the 6th largest on-campus in the U.S.

Dan the Man...PE was my favorite...One of my few Classes I made Straight "A'"s

I'm more of a science person. I only have to hear the information once and I can make a A on the test. I made straight B's in P.E. this year because on the skills tests we actually had to do things right. Of course it could have also had to do with my P.E. philosophy "get away with as little as possible". And this year I have P.E. FIRST HOUR! :( Which means I have it everyday as opposed to 3 out of 5 days. But at least the periods are only an hour instead of a hour and a half.

Edited by dan326

Reggie can make things happen so many different ways. Rushing, receiving, returning punts & kickoffs. And 10.2 speed in the 100meters helps too.

ESPN analyst said Jet QB Chad Pennington would last the entire season before Mike Vick. I have to disagree, but Vick has been injury prone. Vince Young can learn a lesson from him. USC's swiss cheese Defense in the Rose Bowl ain't nothin' compared to what he's about to see in the NFL. Your not gonna carry the ball 19 times in an NFL game and not get "broke-up".

Oh yes, believe me, many times! :lol:

And yea, I'm not exactly a huge Panthers fan either. The only reason I like the Panthers even a little bit, is because Jake Delhomme is from Breaux Bridge, LA, and the Saints were too stupid to keep him instead of Aaron "hey look, I threw the ball in the wrong direction" Brooks. ;)

I'm suprised my comment about what Bush was at practice didn't get a laugh. :)

That Tiger Stadium is going to be HUGE!!!! How does it compare with the largest one in the nation (UMich or Michigan State, if I am correct)?

I'm suprised my comment about what Bush was at practice didn't get a laugh. :)

I'm picturing George HW Bush as a running back at an NFL training camp.

According to wikipedia Spartan Stadium(Michigan State University) holds 75,005 people.

He was actually talking about Michigan Stadium, home of the University of Michigan Wolverines. Right now it is the largest stadium in the NCAA, with a seating capacity of around 108,000. Its nickname is "The Big House" and for good reason! ;)

Michiganstadiumgame.jpg

But this is my favorite college football stadium in the country, Death Valley! :D What other college football stadiums have literally caused a small earthquake due to a cheer by the croud?

Note* All of these pictures are from before the new west deck was put up this past year:

tigermain.jpg

tiger151.jpg

aerial.jpg

I'm picturing George HW Bush as a running back at an NFL training camp.

Well, he did go skydiving on his 80th birthday. ;)

He was actually talking about Michigan Stadium, home of the University of Michigan Wolverines. Right now it is the largest stadium in the NCAA, with a seating capacity of around 108,000. Its nickname is "The Big House" and for good reason! ;)

Michiganstadiumgame.jpg

Yep, thanks NCB. No doubt the new editions to LSU stadium will place it among the largest in the country.

While we're on the subject of stadiums, ever been to Bobby Dodd at GaTech or Sanford at UGA?

Yep, thanks NCB. No doubt the new editions to LSU stadium will place it among the largest in the country.

While we're on the subject of stadiums, ever been to Bobby Dodd at GaTech or Sanford at UGA?

Nope, I've never been to either. I've seen UGA play LSU, but it was at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. From what I've seen though, they both look like great stadiums. Bobby Dodd seems to be right up against the Midtown skyline, which I've always thought looked awesome, and Sanford looks like a very large and well kept stadium. Sanford I believe is nearly the exact same size as Tiger Stadium right now, somewhere around 92,400 in seating capacity.

Nope, I've never been to either. I've seen UGA play LSU, but it was at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. From what I've seen though, they both look like great stadiums. Bobby Dodd seems to be right up against the Midtown skyline, which I've always thought looked awesome, and Sanford looks like a very large and well kept stadium. Sanford I believe is nearly the exact same size as Tiger Stadium right now, somewhere around 92,400 in seating capacity.

Bobby Dodd, while small (somewhere near 55,000 in capacity), is a great historic stadium. It's the oldest on campus stadium in the nation. Did I mention John Heisman (namesake of the Heisman Trophy) coached there?

Sanford is quite an awesome sight. Not only is it visually impressive, but it usually ranks high among the best stadiums in the nation.

Edited by ironchapman

So if I have this right, when it is filled to capacity, Sanford Stadium becomes the second largest city in the state of Georgia? That's pretty impressive. Tiger Stadium at full capacity becomes the fourth largest city in Louisiana, behind Lafayette.

Here is a more recent picture of Tiger Stadium with the new west deck included:

JZOCJENZULQINMJ.20051017134328.jpg

Top Six On-Campus Stadium Capacities

1. Michigan- 107,501

2. Penn State- 107,282

3. Tennessee- 104,079

4. Ohio State- 101,568

5. Georgia- 92,746

6. LSU- 92,400

According to the :Best College Football Weekends" list published by Sports Illustrated, five of the top ten best places to watch a college football game are in the SEC. Link

Best College Football Weekends

1. TENNESSEE

Total Score: 54

2. LSU

Total Score: 52

3. TEXAS A&M

Total Score: 50

4. FLORIDA

Total Score: 49

5. NOTRE DAME

Total Score: 48

6. OKLAHOMA

Total Score: 47

7. ALABAMA

Total Score: 46

8. GEORGIA

Total Score: 45

9. WISCONSIN

Total Score: 44

10. WEST VIRGINIA

Total Score: 43

So if I have this right, when it is filled to capacity, Sanford Stadium becomes the second largest city in the state of Georgia?

Actually, Augusta and Columbus are more than twice as big as a full capacity Sanford Stadium. Athens itself has a population of near 100,000 to 105,000. Savannah as well has a population of 120-something thousand. Macon is right about equal to Stanford, but just edges it by a few thousand.

It would probably be the 7th largest in the state.