Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

The first pre-season USA Today College Football Coaches Poll was released today. I don't have time right now to give my entire opinion, but I will say that I'm not even close to agreeing with it, especially the top 10. Oklahoma #5!? They literally don't even have a quarterback right now. :rolleyes:

Top 25

1. Ohio State

2. Texas

3. (tie) Notre Dame

3. (tie) Southern California

5. Oklahoma (8-4)

6. Auburn

7. West Virginia

8. Florida

9. LSU

10. Florida State

11. Miami (Fla.)

12. California

13. Louisville

14. Georgia

15. Michigan

16. Virginia Tech

17. Iowa

18. Clemson

19. Penn State

20. Oregon

21. TCU

22. Nebraska

23. Tennessee

24. Alabama

25. Texas Tech

The good news...NCB's Top Ten will be released later tonight! ;)

Virginia Tech still OWES LSU a game in BATON ROUGE !!! They canceled/bailed out and said wait til 07'. I will have to check next years schedule and see.

Va.Tech and LSU agreed playing a home&home series in 02 and 03. The Tigers traveled to Blacksburg in 2002' and got shafted on Michael Vick day.... and the Hokies were to return the favor and travel to Baton Rouge in 03', but decided to hold-off.

In 02' Va.Tech opened with Arkansas St. and easily won

2002 LSU's season opener went to Blacksburg to play Va.Tech when they retired Michael Vicks #number. Va.Tech already beat Arkansas State the week before.

First-drive Va.Tech is 3 plays and out; punt to LSU's Domanick Davis who returns the punt for a 77 ?- yard TD !!!! :yahoo: Wait a minute.... OH NO ! Flag on the Play. Illegal Block. Announcers thought that was a BAD-CALL :sick: The refs seemed like they did not want to spoil Mike Vick Day Nothing seemed to go right the rest of the day. Va.Tech won the game over LSU 26-8.

Not long after that Va.Tech scrapped the contract and decided not to play LSU in Baton Rouge that next year (03'). They still owe us a game. That left a bad taste in my mouth from that point on.

NCB's preseason College Football Top Ten:

1. Ohio State

2. Notre Dame

3. West Virginia

4. Texas

5. LSU

6. Florida

7. Auburn

8. Southern California

9. Florida State

10. Miami

22. Oklahoma

And I'll add my next 15, as well as more info, later. :thumbsup:

^ Very interesting Nate. I like your rankings. ;)

I wonder if the USA Today Poll took into account the QB Rhett Bomar-Oklahoma situation; since it just happened Wednesday. I bet the polls change now. Many, many have been guilty of the same allegations, just never caught. :whistling:

How bout them early season match-ups ???

Ohio State @ Texas

Florida State vs. Miami

LSU @ Auburn

:yahoo: Can't wait !

Edited by richyb83

I can't remember exactly where, but this afternoon I saw a large, prominent billboard for LSU in the Dallas area. I believe it was either in the city of Dallas or in Arlington, but what I do know for sure is that it was off I-30. I was proud to see that in Texas.

Always good to hear that ! :thumbsup:

How do you keep all 3 QB's happy ???

Baton Rouge's Entertainment Magazine 225 has LSU's 3 QB's JaMarcus Russell, Matt Flynn, and Ryan Perrilloux on the front cover. And a nice article too(long). LSU is loaded at QB. Last year Les Miles said he was not a 2 QB guy, staying with just one. This year he won't be a 2 QB guy either, he's going to have to be a 3 QB guy.

http://www.225batonrouge.com/

Edited by richyb83

Saints' return another step closer

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/9595226

Many people question why we would want to keep the Superdome around after everything that it represented during Katrina. Horror, destruction, and just plain misery. But if you think about it, the Superdome was a symbol of Katrina's wrath in New Orleans, and now the Superdome, with it's brand new gleaming white roof, and $180+ million in upgrades, is the symbol for New Orleans' return to glory during its rebuilding process.

Saints' return another step closer

Thanks for posting that. Very positive indeed. They made the right decision with the Superdome. Some seating reconfigurations upgrades are needed; you may have told me if they did some of that, but I don't remember ?

SAINTS vs. Titans Saturday Nite 7:00 :yahoo:

Drew Brees will play the 1st qtr. and Bush may play some too. Deuce is supposed to sit this one out. It will also be the debut for Vince Young and Lendale White. ex LSU QB Matt Mauck should play too.

Edited by richyb83

SAINTS vs. Titans Saturday Nite 7:00 :yahoo:

Drew Brees will play the 1st qtr. and Bush may play some too. Deuce is supposed to sit this one out. It will also be the debut for Vince Young and Lendale White. ex LSU QB Matt Mauck should play too.

Yep, and you better believe I'll be watching! I don't care if it's preseason, it's football! :yahoo:

The last time Reggie Bush, Lendale White, and Vince Young were on the football field at the same time, it was a pretty good game! :thumbsup:

Exactly Nate :thumbsup:

Some people don't like preseason, but I think it's very interesting to see 85-90 players in camp fighting for 53 positions. Jobs are on the line! I like watching the back-up's too, remembering the players from college is lots of fun.

BTW I don't think 4 preseason games are necessary ; 2 or 3 would be plenty.

Edited by richyb83

BTW I don't think 4 preseason games are necessary ; 2 or 3 would be plenty.

I agree, especially for the veterans. Every NFL player will tell you that the 4 preseason games helped them tremendously in their rookie season, but after that, 4 of them seem worthless and like something not getting injured over. Same thing goes for the majority of training camp, actually.