Louisiana Sports Talk

NCB

Good to hear it.

And of course, I'm still waiting for the Falcons-Saints opener at the SuperDome! :yahoo:

BTW, impressive pics of the Kingdome and the implosion. Where'd you fish those up?

Oh man, I can't wait! :D The brand new and improved Superdome filled with nearly 80,000 screaming Saints fans against our #1 NFC South rival in the first Saints game in New Orleans since Katrina. Wow!

Also, there are now reports that Reggie Bush is threatening to sit out the entire NFL season if he doesn't get the money he is asking for. Though I think eventually the Saints will get him what he wants, and that this is part of the negotiating process.

Oh man, I can't wait! :D The brand new and improved Superdome filled with nearly 80,000 screaming Saints fans against our #1 NFC South rival in the first Saints game in New Orleans since Katrina. Wow!

Also, there are now reports that Reggie Bush is threatening to sit out the entire NFL season if he doesn't get the money he is asking for. Though I think eventually the Saints will get him what he wants, and that this is part of the negotiating process.

Yep, I can't wait either. How's the rebuilding/refurbishing of the SuperDome going?

As for Reggie:

--I'm kind of interested to see how he will pan out. He's got the talent and was the star player in college, but so was Herschel Walker. However, I think he'll fast become one of the stars of the Saints.

I'm sure he'll get the money he wants it always seems like players do.

Yep, I can't wait either. How's the rebuilding/refurbishing of the SuperDome going?

The work on the Superdome is coming along nicely. The brand new roof was just completely finished a few days ago, and work continues on refurbishing and upgrading the inside of the Dome. There will be a lot of work that won't be finished until after the 2006 season, but most of it will be finished by September 25th. There will be over 15,000 brand new seats, new scoreboards and video screens, including full "Halo Screens" that you normally see in NBA arena's, there will also be upgrades to all bathrooms, concession stands, concourses, suites, restaurants and lounges, locker rooms and personel rooms, and on and on. I can't wait to see the Dome when work is completed. :thumbsup:

And as for Reggie again, the beautiful thing is, even if he doesn't play this year, we still have a great offense. Deuce Mcallister is one of the best back's in the league, and he will be backed up by Micahel Bennet, probably the fastest back in the league. Joe Horn and Donte Stallworth are one of the best recieveing pair's in the league, and we don't have to worry Aaron Brooks' antics anymore with the pick-up of Drew Brees. But of course, having Reggie Bush would make everything improved.

Getting Reggie Bush may have also prolonged Deuce McAllister's career. I understand where you are coming from, but Reggie is more versitile than Hershel and alot faster too. New HC Sean Peyton will utilize Reggie in a number of ways. Look for Bush to get 8-10 carries and 5-6 receptions. Deuce to get 16-18 carries instead of the usual 25, that way he won't wear-down. This day and age of NFL Football you need more than one back.

I hope he $signs too. He has definetly had a change of heart sice being drafted when he said a contract would be no problem.

Edited by richyb83

Getting Reggie Bush may have also prolonged Deuce McAllister's career. I understand where you are coming from, but Reggie is more versitile than Hershel and alot faster too.

My concern was not so much would Reggie be the next Herschel as much as it was would Bush show the same if not better performance with the Saints as he did with SoCal or if he'll go down as one of those woulda-been/coulda-been guys that's great in college but doesn't quite pan out in pro sports. My guess, though, is that he'll live up to at least some of the hype (I say that because a lot of the players are overhyped).

I've always been skeptical of drafts and trades for some reason.

Best of luck to the Saints this season. It'll be interesting to see where you end up in the rankings this year with the improvements you've made in the off season.

Edited by ironchapman

Best of luck to the Saints this season. It'll be interesting to see where you end up in the rankings this year with the improvements you've made in the off season.

Best of luck to the Falcons as well. I can't stand 'em when they play the Saints, but I almost always root for them against other teams. It's the same way with most of Atlanta's sports teams actually. I think we'll see some good games between out Saints and Falcons this year. :thumbsup:

BTW, you aren't by any chance coming to New Orleans to see the Saints-Falcons opener are you, IC? That's going to be an awesome experience, and much more than just a football game to the people around here.

BTW, you aren't by any chance coming to New Orleans to see the Saints-Falcons opener are you, IC? That's going to be an awesome experience, and much more than just a football game to the people around here.

Sorry, not only would I have school to contend with, but my family is more of the type to sit at home and watch games (that said, we do enjoy going to a game every now and then), usually because tickets that are decent, especially for a game as significant as this one, are sky high price wise.

But I wish I could come. :)

Edited by ironchapman

Thanks Iron Chapman. The NFC South is the strongest division IMO. I really like DE-Patrick Kerney and LB-Keith Brooking for the Falcons. They are warriors.

The Falcon's have some Louisiana flavor;RB- Warrick Dunn and starting Center Trey McClure are from Baton Rouge. Chad Lavalais played at LSU and is from Marksville.

Edited by richyb83

Sorry, not only would I have school to contend with, but my family is more of the type to sit at home and watch games (that said, we do enjoy going to a game every now and then), usually because tickets that are decent, especially for a game as significant as this one, are sky high price wise.

But I wish I could come. :)

Yea I had a feeling school alone would be an issue. I was only asking because I have some friends coming down from Atlanta to see the game and just spend some time in New Orleans, and they had said that quite a crowd from Atlanta was expected to be in New Orleans for the game. I hope you're able to make it down here sometime, I think you'd enjoy New Orleans. :thumbsup:

Reggie Bush signed with SAINTS today ! :yahoo: He agreed to a 6-year deal (terms were undisclosed). The deal will be somewhere in the neigborhood of 1st pick Mario Williams and 3rd pick Vince Young. 6 years between $54-58 million; approx. $20+mil. gauranteed :huh:

I read about that today, and I was very happy to hear it! I was SO sure things weren't going to work out with him.

Reggie Bush arrived in Jackson, MS today for training camp, and will begin practicing with the Saints tommorow. I still don't have any official figures from the contract, but it has been reported that his contract is a 5 year deal worth around 60 million dollars. :w00t:

:lol:

It now seems that Reggie Bush's flight plans have changed. Instead of flying from Los Angles to New Orleans, and then driving up to Jackson, he's going to have to fly from L.A. to Atlanta, and then catch a small plane and fly back to Jackson.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I wonder how he copes with jet-lag? :dontknow:

I am also curious if Saints new RB-free agent speedster Michael Bennett will be traded ? Several teams have expressed interest in him. Texans, Chiefs, and recently the Rams. Bennett has not complained about his status that will likely be a demotion to 3rd team. Deuce said his knee is 90-95%. And reserve RB's Fred McAfee and Aaron Stecker are special teams warriors. The Saints have some SERIOUS DEPTH at RB!

Edited by richyb83

The Saints have some SERIOUS DEPTH at RB!

Oh definately, it's going to be great. If Bennet isn't traded, it will be great to know that we could have both Deuce and Reggie get hurt, and still have a starting-caliber running back behind them. :thumbsup:

He's here! :lol:

Reggie sure wasn't being treated like a player worth 62 million bucks. He had to fly Delta Airlines from Los Angles to of course, Atlanta, and then fly back to Jackson and make what became a huge entrance at the Jackson airport.

http://www.nola.com/saintsbeat/weblog/inde..._07.html#167195

That's quite a trip.

Delta always finds an excuse to land in Atlanta.

It's great to hear he finally signed with y'all. Let's hope it's a great season for the Saints (won't say anything about when they face the Falcons, though ;) But I'm sure I know how the people in this forum feel about it).

That's quite a trip.

Delta always finds an excuse to land in Atlanta.

It's great to hear he finally signed with y'all. Let's hope it's a great season for the Saints (won't say anything about when they face the Falcons, though ;) But I'm sure I know how the people in this forum feel about it).

I've had a friend fly Delta from Dallas to New Orleans, and he had to go from Dallas, all the way over to Atlanta, and then come down to New Orleans. I've always thought that was hilarious. :lol:

And as for president Bush, (no, not that one!) It's great to have him in camp, and for once, it's great to be the team that's in the media for something positive. It's nice to see #25 Saints jersey's everywhere, bandwagoners suddenly supporting the Saints, and all that other stuff. And all of this coming off of a 3-13 season, that was of couse, greatly affected by outside events.

No matter what, IC, I expect all NFC South fans will be enjoying a great season this year. And I'm confident my Saints will be at the top. Drew Brees, Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Deuce McAllister, and Reggie Bush...now that will be fun to watch! :D

Oh and for some even better news, the Saints have now sold nearly 60,000 season tickets this year, which is just amazing for this city, considering how much it has been through over the past year. And Saints officials are expecting to completely sell out the entire Superdome off of season ticket sales, meaning that there will be absolutely no tickets left, for the entire season. Reggie Bush has alot to do with it, but Saints fans feel somewhat on the defensive, after all this relocation talk. And Tom Benson sure as hell can't pull the "There aren't enough people to buy tickets and support the team" or "we don't have any fan support" cards. San Antonio needed corporations to buy nearly 25,000 tickets to sell out three games, and New Orleans is now on track to easily sell out all eight home games, before the pre-season has even begun. That says alot for the people here, IMO. And the NFL has said that they are extremely impressed and suprised not only by fan support, but by businesses now beginning to come in and buy out suites, sponsorships, etc.

I've had a friend fly Delta from Dallas to New Orleans, and he had to go from Dallas, all the way over to Atlanta, and then come down to New Orleans. I've always thought that was hilarious. :lol:

You ever heard of the old joke about the dead having to take a connecting flight through Atlanta en route to heaven?

And as for president Bush, (no, not that one!) It's great to have him in camp, and for once, it's great to be the team that's in the media for something positive. It's nice to see #25 Saints jersey's everywhere, bandwagoners suddenly supporting the Saints, and all that other stuff. And all of this coming off of a 3-13 season, that was of couse, greatly affected by outside events.
When I first read "No not that one!" I thought you were referring to George Herbert Walker Bush as opposed to GWB. Then I figured out it was Reggie Bush.

No matter what, IC, I expect all NFC South fans will be enjoying a great season this year. And I'm confident my Saints will be at the top. Drew Brees, Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Deuce McAllister, and Reggie Bush...now that will be fun to watch! :D

Indeed. The Falcons and Saints will be on a resurgence, meanwhile, TB and Carolina are just as strong as ever. I'll be rooting for anyone but Carolina!

You ever heard of the old joke about the dead having to take a connecting flight through Atlanta en route to heaven?

Oh yes, believe me, many times! :lol:

And yea, I'm not exactly a huge Panthers fan either. The only reason I like the Panthers even a little bit, is because Jake Delhomme is from Breaux Bridge, LA, and the Saints were too stupid to keep him instead of Aaron "hey look, I threw the ball in the wrong direction" Brooks. ;)