The West End

gs3

It would be cool if someone could put all the apartment proposals on a map with number of units, stories, etc. Lots of proposals. Even if only half are built, it's impressive.

Here's a quick attempt. Solid blue indicates that it is recently completed. The blue outline represents proposed projects:

7997921878_1870bbfc58_b.jpg

Did I leave anything out?

Edited by GvilleSC

http://www.hughesinv...nd_concepts.pdf

They have rough concepts in this link. Very rough.

If they are planning another building where the parking lot is now for Riverwalk, why didn't they just build them at the same time? Weird for Riverwalk wont have its own parking while the building planed next to it is being built (assuming the planned building has its underground parking).

Edited by ausrutherford

If they are planning another building where the parking lot is now for Riverwalk, why didn't they just build them at the same time? Weird for Riverwalk wont have its own parking while the building planed next to it is being built (assuming the planned building has its underground parking).

Developers do this for many reasons. Often it is because it is not feasible to build their entire development at once either because they can't find funding or they don't want to flood the market with units which lowers rents. Sometimes they do this to make the rest of their property more valuable in the mean time. It could lead to teller developments so I have no issue with it. The plan has always been to build in that parking lot which is why that side has smaller windows and is generally more unattractive

• Like 1

Here's a quick attempt. Solid blue indicates that it is recently completed. The blue outline represents proposed projects:

7997921878_1870bbfc58_b.jpg

Did I leave anything out?

One of these is already known to have funding issues and the developer is "fishing". Don't expect to see 100% fruition on your map.

One of these is already known to have funding issues and the developer is "fishing". Don't expect to see 100% fruition on your map.

Let me guess, it's the Peacock Hotel & Spa site. This has turned into a pathetic series of events. I really wish the owners would cut their losses, sell the property, and move on. It would be best for everyone involved (most importantly, the City of Greenville).

Edited by Greenville

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2012/NOVEMBER/DesignReviewBoard/11-01-2012/CA-12-199-100NorthMarkleyStreet.pdf

I might have liked the older version better in terms of overall composition. Some things needed to be addressed, but it seems to be kind of bland now...

I am definitely ready for these new West End apartment projects to get started.

• 1 month later...

I had noticed a dumpster, but are you seeing new construction? Has a permit been pulled?

Yes. GA Zeigler is the general contractor for the project. Their sign is on site and there have been construction workers there everyday I have driven by. All of the overgrown bushes around the building have been removed also.

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...