The West End

gs3

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

I liked the old one better. We have enough Greenville murals showing how overrated our city is. The Coca-Cola one had style and history. This one is just the same ole same ole. Killed off one mural so they can put up another one also…weird.

Pretty sure the coca cola one was from the 80s. That's not that old

2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Just another reason why the city needs to build a parking garage in the West End. Not sure what the hold up is with building one. The empty site next to the McClaren would be perfect for it. Parking is already an issue and this is going to make it even worse especially with the loss of free parking at County Square.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gman430 said:

Just another reason why the city needs to build a parking garage in the West End. Not sure what the hold up is with building one. The empty site next to the McClaren would be perfect for it. Parking is already an issue and this is going to make it even worse especially with the loss of free parking at County Square.

I think they are planning to do it at the transit property or at least see if that pans out before looking elsewhere.  

I had not walked down to Pendleton Street in a while. I was surprised to see how far along New Realm had gotten. However, at the same time, they don't appear to be building everything that I recall them proposing. 

Am I misremembering, or perhaps they just haven't started on some elements of the project? It was also dark at the time that I was walking by.

Edited by GvilleSC

50 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I had not walked down to Pendleton Street in a while. I was surprised to see how far along New Realm had gotten. However, at the same time, they don't appear to be building everything that I recall them proposing. 

Am I misremembering, or perhaps they just haven't started on some elements of the project? It was also dark at the time that I was walking by.

They definitely didn't do all that was proposed and they're on the verge of opening soon.  According  to their Instagram they started the process of hiring in early March.  Maybe the outdoor space will be built in "phase 2"? 

15 minutes ago, SVL said:

They definitely didn't do all that was proposed and they're on the verge of opening soon.  According  to their Instagram they started the process of hiring in early March.  Maybe the outdoor space will be built in "phase 2"? 

Yeah I imagine the design was probably more of a master plan. Like take a look a Southernside and Fireforge, seems like both of them are constantly improving their spaces using cashflow.

• Like 1

Never takes me more than a few min. to find a space downtown, you just have to be willing to walk a couple of blocks sometimes.  If you are in the west end their is a whole ocean of street marking available in the nearby neighborhoods.

• Like 4