The West End

gs3

• 2 weeks later...

I got to take a tour of Trueline today with the owner as I have been hired by them to take drone shots during the construction and grand opening. Still a lot of work left to do but it looks like it’s going to be a really nice venue when complete. They are planning for grand opening in the middle of October even though it won’t be 100% finished by then. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 4

I believe it’s some of the outdoor stuff but I will double check when I go back next Saturday to take drone shots for the client. The exact grand opening date isn’t quite set yet but it’s either going to be October 17th, 18th, or 19th.

I didn’t realize until today that the area people are standing at in front of the stage is going to drop off at different locations so you can easily see the stage in front of you instead of just peoples heads. The pit at the very front is going to be at the lowest point while the back of the standing room only will be at the highest point. 

Edited by gman430

• 3 weeks later...

The first phase of the new Papi's Taco's restaurant opens tomorrow at 21 Augusta St.  Apparently the space next to it with the green space to the side that was originally set for Sweet Sippin is no longer happening and Papi's has also acquired that space.  They are currently working that into the plan and the expansion should be open in the Spring

Once fully opened, "The new, larger space will allow Papi’s to create an even more dynamic taqueria with a full bar, outdoor seating, a small events space and full table service."

Edited by NewlyUpstate

On behalf of the Greenville Transit Authority (GTA), the City of Greenville is requesting bids from qualified contractors for the sale of three parcels of Real Property (and the improvements thereon) located at 106 Augusta Street, Greenville, SC (Tax Map # 0088.00-01-012.00) and 154 Augusta Street, Greenville, SC (Tax Map # 0088.00-01-013.01).

There will be two non-mandatory site visits set for viewing the real property, including the improvements. The dates for the site visits are as follows: 10/17/2023 starting promptly at 9:00 am Eastern Time and 10/18/2023 starting promptly at 2:00 pm Eastern Time.

Bids will be received until 2:00 P.M. ET, November 1, 2023.  Promptly thereafter, via Microsoft Teams teleconference, all bids that have been duly received will be opened and read aloud.   The deadline for questions is 2:00 p.m., October 25, 2023.

Minimum bid requested for the site is $10,405,000.

IMG_0014.jpeg

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

I heard last night from Mayor White why the city backed out. I myself wondered what was going on, and for some reason it wasn't followed up on by the media. The P&C article above doesn't really change that either 

The GTA thought that since federal funds were used in the purchase of the property originally, that if it were sold, they would be on the hook to pay back the federal funds. By selling to the city, they believed that would not have to do so. GTA later learned that the law or regulation involved had been changed and that selling on the free market would NOT require  a payback of the federal monies.   Therefore to maximize the profit to GTA, the land will go to the highest bidder.  The city still owns the adjoining lot and it is believed any potential buyer of the GTA property will want the city's lot as well. Thus not only does the LMO provide the city some controls on what goes there, but a private-public partnership with the new owner is likely and if that happens, that will provide an even bigger voice to the city on what happens there.    

Thanks for finding that out and sharing! Makes sense. I'm happy that the City still has potential leverage if the adjacent property is included. There's some really exciting pieces of land for sale right now. 

• Like 1