Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../706080362/1004

Public can choose new S.C. license plate

People going to http://www.sc.gov can vote on which of three designs should replace the "Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places" plates used for a decade.

The voting runs through July 27, with the winner announced on Aug. 1. The new license plate is scheduled for production in 2008.

I like this one, but there is just something that screams Clemson with it.

It's just the true gradient you see during a lot of sunsets here...I think Clemson borrowed from mother nature, myself (can't blame them).

It'd actually be nice if the hills/shore from the second design were somehow included in this first design, too, but that's not one of our choices.

They're all nice, but I prefer this one:

535952541_6ad6d6c02e_o.jpg

That is my favorite too, and the fact that it reminds me of Clemson certainly helps.

Other thoughts:

-I do not mind the mountains-to-coast theme in the other one, but I do not like the colors. Neon green isn't a good color for a license plate.

-I would also not mind if we had counties on our license plates like other states.

-I am surprised that we haven't given into the trend of putting the state's web address on the license plate (Pennsylvania seemed to be one of the first to do this)

okay....who is designing this crap, i know it's just a license plate but it can be done better. very disappointed, i could have done better, anybody can do better....did somebody's secretary do this on their eMachine with paintshop pro or something.

the first one definitly looks too clemson, the second one just has horrendous colors and ...those are supposed to be mountains? and the third one looks unfinished.

:sick:

sorry for the rant...

Someone linked the SC.gov page on fark.com and they are having a good time giving their opinions on the plates. I personally think they need to fire their designer/children.

Here is the link.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2854455

I wish they would have put it in the Photoshop catergory instead of the Silly category. I always get a kick out of the Photoshop category on Fark.

They're all nice, but I prefer this one:

%7Boption%7D

I'm afraid this one appears incomplete to me. I like the concept, but imagine how nice adding a few faded "Blue Ridge" mountains in the background and a shimmering Atlantic Ocean in the lower foreground would appear. One other detail I dislike in this design is the silhouette of a crescent moon. It should shine brightly in the dusk sky. If these additions were completed, I would definitely prefer this plate design. Right now, I think I prefer #3.

Edited by Skyliner

I'm afraid this one appears incomplete to me. I like the concept, but imagine how nice adding a few faded "Blue Ridge" mountains in the background and a shimmering Atlantic Ocean in the lower foreground would appear. One other detail I dislike in this design is the silhouette of a crescent moon. It should shine brightly in the dusk sky.

I agree with you 100% on these suggestions...unfortunately, it's too late now to change them as these are the three winners and the ones we have from which to choose.

I can't go with #3 at all - it's too boring/plain/incomplete/unfinished to my eye...and #2 just hurts my eyes.

I dislike them all. I've always hated that license plates get designed anyway. Buildings get designed. Clothes get designed. License plates are about the most utilitarian item there is. Why not just let them be black and white with numbers. More European. Spend creativity on something worthwhile, not license plates that clash with the color of my car. :sick:

I dislike them all. I've always hated that license plates get designed anyway. Buildings get designed. Clothes get designed. License plates are about the most utilitarian item there is. Why not just let them be black and white with numbers. More European. Spend creativity on something worthwhile, not license plates that clash with the color of my car. :sick:

A very simple plate that has the same two colors as our state flag (blue background, white letters/numbers) would work well...with the palmetto and crescent right in the middle. That's all we need. :thumbsup:

I just got info that Barack Obama is coming to Greenville this Friday

What: Upstate Rally with Barack Obama

Where: McAlister Square, Main Entrance, 225 Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, SC

When: Friday, June 15 @ 12:30 PM

Tix are required you might can find some info on Barack's site

I just got info that Barack Obama is coming to Greenville this Friday

What: Upstate Rally with Barack Obama

Where: McAlister Square, Main Entrance, 225 Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, SC

When: Friday, June 15 @ 12:30 PM

Tix are required you might can find some info on Barack's site

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, gregtrob!

Also in the political arena, remember tomorrow (Tues June 12) is the Republican primary for mayor, so go vote!

Billy Mitchell is running again this year, and IMO, anyone interested in keeping Greenville moving forward, will NOT vote him into office.

Also in the political arena, remember tomorrow (Tues June 12) is the Republican primary for mayor, so go vote!

Billy Mitchell is running again this year, and IMO, anyone interested in keeping Greenville moving forward, will NOT vote him into office.

I agree. Knox White's track record of success speaks for itself, and I can't imagine anyone not wanting him to be our mayor for another term!

I just saw a Mitchell for Mayor ad. YIKES! If he gets elected, this city is going to go to pot!

He cites the development at the Point and its new 31,000 vehicles per day on Woodruff Rd as a reason to vote Knox out of office. I hope that people see the real value of this development and don't get swayed by this terrible platform. It's an emotional issue for some, but I would think that most of those individuals live outside the city limits.

Anyway, like others have said: vote KNOX WHITE FOR MAYOR! get out there people! :thumbsup:

WSPA (channel 7) had the Greenville Mayoral race story on this evening and the interview clip shown of Mayor White was fantastic. He is definitely the right man to have in office for our city. If you catch even a small glimpse of his passion to see Greenville's success continue to grow, you understand what I mean. He is a visionary leader with enough wisdom to seek the best methods to achieve our goals, not just blindly in pusuit of instant gratification. :shades:

Edited by Skyliner

WSPA (channel 7) had the Greenville Mayoral race story on this evening and the interview clip shown of Mayor White was fantastic. He is definitely the right man to have in office for our city. If you catch even a small glimpse of his passion to see Greenville's success continue to grow, you understand what I mean. He is a visionary leader with enough wisdom to seek the best methods to achieve our goals, not just blindly in pusuit of instant gratification. :shades:

Bravo! Well said Skyliner!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm not sure how many city residents we have on here, but I for one am going to do my part to secure our city's next four years.

Question: Though there is no democrat currently running, is there still time for one to enter? Or will the winner of this primary be mayor for sure?