Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

This might not be news to anyone else, but I was downtown last night and noticed that the city map on the information kiosks have the CBD divided into "Center City," "West End," and "North End." I did not know that Center City was an official designation, but I like it. Makes me think of Philly. :)

Don't you recall the debate we had sometime last year about the different districts? I remember mentioning about the city information signs back then. Who knows where that debate is though. :good:

I have been on this forum for a very long time now and I know I tend to have opinions that change every two seconds and emotions that do the same. It is time that I quit this and post opinion on topics that matter and not change them. I need to start keeping my emotions in check too. I also need to stop posting stupid stuff on threads that don't matter and start posting stuff that only matters and involves what the thread is about. It is time I mature and start getting fellow urbanplanet members and moderators to start liking me again. :)

I have been on this forum for a very long time now and I know I tend to have opinions that change every two seconds and emotions that do the same. It is time that I quit this and post opinion on topics that matter and not change them. I need to start keeping my emotions in check too. I also need to stop posting stupid stuff on threads that don't matter and start posting stuff that only matters and involves what the thread is about. It is time I mature and start getting fellow urbanplanet members and moderators to start liking me again. :)

You might find this extends into real life as well. Although I don't really know you in "real life". :D

Good choice g-man :thumbsup:

This might not be news to anyone else, but I was downtown last night and noticed that the city map on the information kiosks have the CBD divided into "Center City," "West End," and "North End." I did not know that Center City was an official designation, but I like it. Makes me think of Philly. :)

It may have been discussed under the wayfinder signing thread. Not sure. I agree with you though, I like the three distinct designations / districts. I also like that each of three have been color coded on the map with their own unique color. Watch for North End to become the next West End! :thumbsup:

There is a lot of drama with you dude, a lot.

South Carolina is opening a state office of commerce in Toronto. This seems it could bode well for the Greenville area as Wilkins, the current ambassador to Canada, is a native of Greenville. :thumbsup: Article from Business Wire:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...amp;newsLang=en

Considering Canada is SC's #1 exporter, this is no surprise. It will definitely be good for the Upstate, since so many products are manufactured here. :shades:

This may have been asked before. Does the UP forum have a spell check feature? Sure would be nice. While I know how to spell, my typing tends not to be the best, so example, typing "water" I leave out the "e" and it becomes "watr".....or I run two words together, etc, etc. I so heavily rely on spellcheck day in day out to correct my mistakes. Would be nice to see it on UP.

This may have been asked before. Does the UP forum have a spell check feature? Sure would be nice. While I know how to spell, my typing tends not to be the best, so example, typing "water" I leave out the "e" and it becomes "watr".....or I run two words together, etc, etc. I so heavily rely on spellcheck day in day out to correct my mistakes. Would be nice to see it on UP.

What web browser do you use? I use Mozilla Firefox and the latest version has a built in spell check.

What do you care what other people think?

G-man, you're my favorite member on UP because you actually have an opinion instead of being simply a defendant of the city's policies. It is nice to have a fresh voice on here instead of a bunch of people that are just horny to see development take place. Keep on keepin' on.

What do you care what other people think?

G-man, you're my favorite member on UP because you actually have an opinion instead of being simply a defendant of the city's policies. It is nice to have a fresh voice on here instead of a bunch of people that are just horny to see development take place. Keep on keepin' on.

That is really interesting. If you feel that way about the "bunch of people" on here, I am surprised you decide to stick around instead of just joining the anti-City chaos on GreenvilleOnline.com. You are wrong about this being a site full of people with no brains, jumping up and down about every new development in the metro. Before making such ridiculous comments, you should take a little more time to read what everyone posts in the various discussions. :rolleyes:

If you use I.E. you can download ieSpell [here] it works with the spell check button on

the U.P. forum. It also puts an ieSpell option in your Right click menu, so you can use it

on any form you fillout using I.E. It also links to a dictionary so you can look up meanings.

Has anybody seen one of these around town?

0008904.jpg

and could you let me know if you do...and where. They are being placed in highly visible locations throughout the country.

its a promotional deal for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars....

I think they said on WYFF that there was one at Broad and Main.

If you use I.E. you can download ieSpell [here] it works with the spell check button on

the U.P. forum. It also puts an ieSpell option in your Right click menu, so you can use it

on any form you fillout using I.E. It also links to a dictionary so you can look up meanings.

Thank you MITP. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll try this out today.

Actions speak lounder than words.

Unfortunately there isn't a spell check within the forum software, but that is definitely a feature that is desired (especially by me!). But until that time, the one that was linked to on the previous page may be your best bet if you choose not to use Firefox. BTW, Firefox may have a spell check extension if you search for it.

Actions speak lounder than words.

Unfortunately there isn't a spell check within the forum software, but that is definitely a feature that is desired (especially by me!). But until that time, the one that was linked to on the previous page may be your best bet if you choose not to use Firefox. BTW, Firefox may have a spell check extension if you search for it.

Actually FireFox has a built in spell checker starting w/version 2 I think.

I do not recall whether this has been mentioned before, but checking the Ellis Group Architecture website today, I discovered a development "on the boards," called, "Prominence." Anyone know anything more about this? It appears to be a "Self Contained Community including: offices, retail, residential, theatres, bank, post office, etc." It is to be on 80 acres somewhere.