CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

I find it weird that they're asking for approval of the one story retail and the nine story tower. Additional approval is sought for the massing of phase two, the eleven story tower. Never does it mention the four story portion of the project. It does note that additional info will be provided after May 31st.

I find it weird that they're asking for approval of the one story retail and the nine story tower. Additional approval is sought for the massing of phase two, the eleven story tower. Never does it mention the four story portion of the project. It does note that additional info will be provided after May 31st.

I believe the four story portion is part of the nine story building approval they're referring to.

Agreed.

sidenote: Shouldn't Greenville be expecting an Urban Outfitters downtown if Anthropologie does well, since the two chains have the same owner?

Could be... ?

North Main is pretty much full right now. It makes me wonder how a big national retailer on the Northern end will affect the retail scene in the West End. There's still a lot of potential down that way that it stands the best chance for growth and additions.

Could be... ?

North Main is pretty much full right now. It makes me wonder how a big national retailer on the Northern end will affect the retail scene in the West End. There's still a lot of potential down that way that it stands the best chance for growth and additions.

That mixed-use development planned at Main and River Streets across from Smoke on the Water was supposed to have one or two national retailers. Wonder if that's still the case? :unsure:

Edited by citylife

I walked up and down Main yesterday and was surprised at the high number of "For Rent" signs I saw on storefronts, especially north of Mast. Those spaces seemed all to be small and in old construction, so hopefully the new space at the Hyatt would be more appealing to national retailers, which I'd guess would often want different space.

USC Moore School of Business slated for somewhere downtown. Might be this development or it might not. Unsure of the exact location at this time but I decided to post it in this thread just in case. Stay tuned.

Edited by citylife

Isn't it unusual for USC to put a satelite of it's business school a few blocks from it's chief rival's MBA program?

Maybe it's in response to Clemson at the Falls? While I wouldn't want anything to hurt Clemson (because I admire their foresight and willingness to take up office space in downtown), I wouldn't mind seeing more colleges taking up space. Brown Mackie, Clemson, and USC could definitely help lower vacancy rates and make other projects possible... :thumbsup: An interesting rumor for sure!

USC Moore School of Business slated for somewhere downtown. Might be this development or it might not. Unsure of the exact location at this time but I decided to post it in this thread just in case. Stay tuned.

Uggghhhh. I hope the DPC doesn't let USC use any of that depressing red/garnet and black anywhere on the exterior. :sick:

Whattt? USC announced the new design for the Moore School of Business in downtown Columbia as part of Innovista.

Is this a satellite campus?

Whattt? USC announced the new design for the Moore School of Business in downtown Columbia as part of Innovista.

Is this a satellite campus?

It's probably aimed at professionals who are looking to go back to school for a Master's, similar to Clemson's center. Though, I'm not sure why'd you choose USC if you're not going for International Business...

Uggghhhh. I hope the DPC doesn't let USC use any of that depressing red/garnet and black anywhere on the exterior. :sick:

I'm sure they'll be held to the same guidelines as anyone else (think: Kozani mural). This, after all, isn't Columbia. The university doesn't have this City in their back pocket. Greenville runs itself. :thumbsup:

The Mayor said "it" could only be accommodated in phase two.

That's right! Thanks, Sky. :thumbsup:

None of USC's new buildings have garnet and black on the outside in Columbia. If anything you should worry about the bland beige they are using everywhere as the outside color.

It's probably aimed at professionals who are looking to go back to school for a Master's, similar to Clemson's center. Though, I'm not sure why'd you choose USC if you're not going for International Business...

Because Carolina's MBA program, which is what would be in Greenville, is well regarded. Not that I put too much stock in educational rankings because they are easily manipulated but, for those that are so inclined, Carolina's Masters Programs do very well.