CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

I wonder where this corporate entity would come from. I know the City has not hidden the idea in the past that they'd love to attract companies away from Atlanta. Nonetheless, assuming this company's name carries weight, I can't wait to see it on display for everyone to see... :thumbsup:

Representatives from several of the major tenants lined up to fill the space, including one of the state's most prestigious law firms, a well-known national retailer, and a new corporate headquarters locating in South Carolina, will also be there.

Source: http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/may/24/gov-haley-heads-greenville-economic-announcement-ar-1884391/

Representatives from several of the major tenants lined up to fill the space, including one of the state's most prestigious law firms, a well-known national retailer, and a new corporate headquarters locating in South Carolina, will also be there.

Source: http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/may/24/gov-haley-heads-greenville-economic-announcement-ar-1884391/

Now THAT is juicy!!! Less than 24 hours folks and we get to see and fully understand the transformative power of this development!

*notice that it's mostly quiet from non-Greenville residents. Odd.

Now THAT is juicy!!! Less than 24 hours folks and we get to see and fully understand the transformative power of this development!

I don't understand this post. We still have to wait to find out the details about the development? I thought that's what they were going to announce today at 2:30, details on the signature building and all. Does anyone have an update or is everyone still out partying over the announcement? I checked Greenvilleonline, but as usual they're slow and haven't updated the info, and I don't see anything new on Greenville TV websites. So what's the scoop?

It will have an Urban Outfitters.

I would love if the HQ was Sears but sure that is a long shot, but would be cool if it was FN Herstal they currently do their manufacturing in Columbia but offices are in Virginia.

What's "odd" about it? Non-Greenville residents only post in the Greenville forum occasionally. This thread is no different as I was the last person to do so a month ago with practically zero outside interest before that.

Either way, I'm glad it looks like this project is still on the move. Can't wait to see renderings. Greenville is about due for a highrise.

What's "odd" about it? Non-Greenville residents only post in the Greenville forum occasionally. This thread is no different as I was the last person to do so a month ago with practically zero outside interest before that.

Not exactly what I was going for...

Any urban enthusiast should be excited about this project, as well as anyone who gives a hoot about the SC economy. It's more than a private development, the City is investing major bucks to re-do the public spaces in the vicinity, including Piazza Bergamo and tying it down Coffee Street to the Brown Street makeover that's underway. That doesn't mean they should post, NO. However, anyone who EVER spends time in Greenville should be excited about the announcement and its rumors. It WILL affect your downtown Greenville experience and your ideas for retailers and/or offerings matter, too. This includes Spartanburg, Anderson, and other Upstate/Western NC residents who use Greenville as an entertainment option. Just thought it was odd. I know that the Greenville posters on here aren't the only people who spend time in downtown, and everyone has things they'd like to see come.

Beyond due! It should be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Yes, "overdue" is really the correct word. While a skyline isn't everything, I hope Greenville's will start reflecting its importance in the near future.

Not exactly what I was going for...

Any urban enthusiast should be excited about this project, as well as anyone who gives a hoot about the SC economy. It's more than a private development, the City is investing major bucks to re-do the public spaces in the vicinity, including Piazza Bergamo and tying it down Coffee Street to the Brown Street makeover that's underway. That doesn't mean they should post, NO. However, anyone who EVER spends time in Greenville should be excited about the announcement and its rumors. It WILL affect your downtown Greenville experience and your ideas for retailers and/or offerings matter, too. This includes Spartanburg, Anderson, and other Upstate/Western NC residents who use Greenville as an entertainment option. Just thought it was odd. I know that the Greenville posters on here aren't the only people who spend time in downtown, and everyone has things they'd like to see come.

I think you'll see more interest once an announcement is actually made which mentions specific tenants and retailers, renderings are released, and actual construction begins. As it stands, this project has been stalled for a while so some non-Greenville residents might not be familiar with the recent updates.

It will have an Urban Outfitters.

I would love if the HQ was Sears but sure that is a long shot, but would be cool if it was FN Herstal they currently do their manufacturing in Columbia but offices are in Virginia.

Interesting. I'm hearing it's not Urban Outfitters - a different not-yet-in-this-market national clothing retailer. And whispers on the Corporate tenant is that it's something you'd have thought would have gone to Charlotte?

Interesting. I'm hearing it's not Urban Outfitters - a different not-yet-in-this-market national clothing retailer. And whispers on the Corporate tenant is that it's something you'd have thought would have gone to Charlotte?

The only things that I'd think Charlotte would be a lock for would be banking, or NASCAR...? Interesting rumor...

H&M for the retailer and TD Bank for the headquarters perhaps? Like btoy, I heard it was going to be Urban Outfitters also but that's just through the rumor mill so it could easily be wrong. Either that or there's going to be more than one retailer within the development and Urban Outfitters will be one of them but not the main anchor tenant. The city and developers are doing a fantastic job keeping this all under wraps until they're ready to announce it tomorrow.

Edited by citylife

H&M for the retailer and TD Bank for the headquarters perhaps? Like btoy, I heard it was going to be Urban Outfitters also but that's just through the rumor mill so it could easily be wrong. Either that or there's going to be more than one retailer within the development and Urban Outfitters will be one of them but not the main anchor tenant. The city and developers are doing a fantastic job keeping this all under wraps until they're ready to announce it tomorrow.

Would TD count as already having a presence here though? Especially since they just requested approval for their signs on I-85. :dontknow:

I'm sure we aren't going to figure this out, but the guessing and rumors sure are fun to entertain! :thumbsup:

H&M would be a nice addition, however.

Edited by GvilleSC

Would TD count as already having a presence here though? Especially since they just requested approval for their signs on I-85. :dontknow:

Yes it would but I was only talking about the headquarters aspect being new to Greenville. :thumbsup: I have no idea if the company has a presence currently here or not unfortunately. :( It's probably not TD Bank. Worth a guess though. :)

Edited by citylife

From my media source:

Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd is the lawfirm. Can't name the corporate HQ company or retailer yet. The new project by Hughes Development Corp., coined “Project One,” will happen in two phases. Phase one will include 40,000 to 50,000 square feet of retail and 135,000 square feet of office space. Nine stories tall. Construction is set to begin in July. The building will include a partial green roof with living plants. Phase two will involve up to 11 stories and an additional 200,000 square feet of space for more offices or potentially a hotel. The development is set to open in the third quarter or early fourth quarter of 2012, with the retailer opening in 2013.

Edited by citylife

Price tag of project is $100 million according to the Greenville News. $18.5 million from GNMO and $7.5 million from TD Bank. Buildings will be LEED silver certified. Brasfield & Gorrie is the building contractor. Oh and regarding phase II:

“We literally got a letter of intent this morning that could only be accommodated in phase two,” Hughes told GreenvilleOnline.com

Edited by citylife