CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

No link to the Greenville News story?

Notice there will not be a highrise in this development, according to the article. Major league missed opportunity there.

Didn't post a link because you need a log-in/password to read Greenville News articles online now. Not available on m.greenvilleonline.com either at this time. Yep...no signature highrise it looks like. :( Other than that though, everything sounds great. :thumbsup:

Edited by citylife

I read the article on my phone without a username or password.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20110525/BUSINESS/305250033/1001/NEWS/One-big-downtown-project-unveiled-today

Wait...so there will not be a "signature tower"?

Apparently "signature tower" means "signature midrise" to 4240 Architecture.

Perhaps the architectural design will compensate for the lack of height.

The article refers to the site as 1 acre, when it is 3 total. $100mm is a lot of money for two 10 story buildings isn't it? Riverplace is listed as $65 million. I don't know if that is built-out or built thus far.

Could there be a third phase? Is Hughes holding back on details until 2:30??

While an actual highrise would have been nice, two quality midrises would be nothing to sneeze at.

Interesting. I'm hearing it's not Urban Outfitters - a different not-yet-in-this-market national clothing retailer. And whispers on the Corporate tenant is that it's something you'd have thought would have gone to Charlotte?

Hmmm...that doesn't really help us boil it down in terms of a specific industry. While Charlotte is mostly known for banking, it's also the corporate headquarters for companies like Lowe's, Meineke, Nucor Steel, etc. and has landed a variety of corporate headquarters within the past 2-3 years across various industries. Sounds like it will be a company with a well-known brand and since the buildings will be midrises, it will consist of maybe 300-500 jobs or so.

IT is possible what is to be announced is just for the Woolworth site, maybe the high rise comes in future on parking lot and parking garage site.

This is only a guess-

1. Midrise building

2. Midrise building

3. Signature highrise

4. Retail anchor tenant

civitas1.jpg

While an actual highrise would have been nice, two quality midrises would be nothing to sneeze at.

Hmmm...that doesn't really help us boil it down in terms of a specific industry. While Charlotte is mostly known for banking, it's also the corporate headquarters for companies like Lowe's, Meineke, Nucor Steel, etc. and has landed a variety of corporate headquarters within the past 2-3 years across various industries. Sounds like it will be a company with a well-known brand and since the buildings will be midrises, it will consist of maybe 300-500 jobs or so.

Wow, instead of a signature tower we get a building that doesn't even make Greenville's top 10 as far as height goes. We also got the dreaded "hope to have enough commitments" for phase 2. Overall I am disappointed but I guess I was expecting too much and got too excited. Thought this would be a great opportunity for another highrise. Will we ever get another one? I think phase 2 is way down the road and we will be left with a single building for a long time which is still better than a park! Why does it take over a year to build a 9 story building?

does anyone know if it will be streamed live anywhere?

Nigel on channel 4 looked real foolish today when he did a broadcast from downtown and got the cameraman to take a shot of the Bank Of America building and then said the BOA building is 12 stories so the height of the new building would be close. The BOA building is 17 stories not 12 so the new buliding will be about half that size. We only wish it would be as tall as the BOA building!

And the Landmark Building is 25, not 22 as others have claimed.

Anyone else excited to finally know the tenant list?

Landmark Schmandmark. It's the Daniel Building. thumbsup.gif

The project is, of course, wornderful for G-Vegas, but the lustre is kind of gone for me now that the "signature tower" is dead!

Bonus trivia points - Identify the Movie qoute: "How can you be The One, if your dead?"

The project is, of course, wornderful for G-Vegas, but the lustre is kind of gone for me now that the "signature tower" is dead!

Bonus trivia points - Identify the Movie qoute: "How can you be The One, if your dead?"

Signature doesn't indicate height, it indicates design. Incredible design can still be achieved without height. :console:

The Matrix!

Anyways, as was mentioned earlier, I suppose it's possible that a tower could be part of a later phase that won't be revealed until later. Fingers crossed! (but I won't be thinking about that so I'm not disappointed when it doesn't happen tongue.gif) The high ceilings and large glass windows of phase 1 does sound pretty cool though.

Edited by p2y2r7o

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

How many cities, even larger ones, can boast a downtown Anthropologie? Greenville's downtown retail just moved from the regional "Mast" level, to the national better brand level. This is a HUGE win.

On Certus....interesting stuff.....seems they are aiming to be one of the largest regional banks in the southeast and they are most certainly well capitalized. Greenville may yet again, have the largest SC bank. This certainly adds banking prestige, to have them alongside the TD operations here.

http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/37855-certusbank-aims-to-be-5-billion-bank-in-two-years

Anthropologie seems to be a HUGE win!

As far as "signature", I need to see more views... But, don't get me wrong, this is definitely a HUGE victory for North Main. Greenville definitely will have that two centroid downtown, I mentioned before. The River and the Piazza. :thumbsup: