CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps he has learned a few things from the "issues" the pinnacle has had. It seems like he is doing this one behind the scenes to have his ducks lined up before the announcement. It may be a couple years before anything is announced, but maybe it won't take long after that. ;)

^^^True. I don't know why grading hasn't started either. It's probably because the city doesn't care and Bob Ellis can't get the city engineers to give him the "go." He was wearing a bowtie though. A man in a bowtie never lies. Did the chicken cross the road yet? I saw a roadrunner go across the site earlier today. :lol:

Apples and oranges, g-man. Peacock announced their hotel (which nobody was expecting) last summer, had a groundbreaking relatively soon thereafter, and started construction 3 months later. That is not bad. Pinnacle, on the other hand, was announced a couple of years ago but we were assured by Bob Ellis that things would be happening "soon." First the delay was building costs, then it was a change that would make the building even more super-duper, then it was a permit, then it was because the earth was not tilted on its axis correctly, then it was because Bob's bowtie was crooked, and finally it was another permit. I admire the unwavering commitment he's had to getting the Pinnacle off the ground, but I think a lot of us grew weary of all the false alarms. To cap it all off, the most recent excuse for the delay in the groundbreaking was because he wanted to start construction immediately after the ceremony. Well, it looks like yet another false alarm.

I know all of these delays aren't intentional, but it is still frustrating given the excitement we all have for the building. I am confident it will get started soon, but who has any idea when?

I don't think that construction will begin on either one, at all.

Out of morbid curosity, I drove by the site on the way back from lunch. It looks like the previously mentioned PVC pile of crap remains on site, but it looks like someone "rolled" it with either paper towels or toilet paper. It would seem that old Bob could use his $1 million+ lot for something other than storing items that would be better suited for his garage.

If you drive by, please be aware :stop: of the tumbleweeds that gman mentioned blowing toward the road from the site. They've become quite a hazard and frequently cause traffic problems at this interesction.

You guys are starting to be just down right cruel!!!

Anyway, from gMAN---

Please post this email that Bob Ellis sent me today in the Pinnacle on Main construction thread on urbanplanet. Thanks.

Jacob,

Please understand that we too are very anxious to get some dirt moving. I know it seems as if we are crying wolf, but we really are not. This project is not simple and as it is revealed, you will see some of the complexities that have helped to delay it. It is important to realize that these delays are expensive therefore not at all desirable. We anticipate a special announcement about the project composition within the next 10-12 days. The weather is too good right now and we need to get out of the ground. We have been told by the Contractor that his grading sub-contractor will be on site this week.

Skyliner I totally agree. This man is doing something great for the city, I don't think everyone realizes who looks at this site and how disheartening it can appear to some Lurkers.Urbanplanet is a great outlet to discuss topics and I for one think we all should be carefull how we word some of our discussions. Who knows there may be developers out there that get scared off by such negativity.

Archived