CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bravo! Well stated!

To abuse a cliche, here is someone who doing more than talking the talk, he is at least attempting to walk the walk and what he gets is trash talk and fashion critique from people who have contributed "what?" to Greenville's urban development.

I think we all need to keep in mind that this a publicly available site and think twice before posting personal comments. Could we please get back to intelligent & informative discussions and stop trying to entertain --- especially at the expense of an individual.

Excellent point.

If anyone is referring to me being "over-ambitious youth" or having some sort of lack of respect for Bob, that's not the case at all. I was merely trying to add some humor into a situation that seems (at least on this side of the computer) to be frustrating a lot of people. I apologize if I came across the wrong way.

I applaud Bob Ellis for what he's doing with this project, and by all accounts he is a good man. So there is no personal dislike or distrust of Bob on my part. I do think it's somewhat misleading to have assured us that things would happen by a certain date and then not follow through, but as we all know there are many factors involved in getting a project of this magnitude off the ground. And for the record, I do think we will see activity on the site - and sooner rather than later.

Again, sorry if anything I said was misconstrued. Obviously humor doesn't always translate well via the internet, and in the future I will err on the side of not saying anything in an attempt to diffuse a situation.

If anyone is referring to me being "over-ambitious youth" or having some sort of lack of respect for Bob, that's not the case at all. I was merely trying to add some humor into a situation that seems (at least on this side of the computer) to be frustrating a lot of people. I apologize if I came across the wrong way.

I applaud Bob Ellis for what he's doing with this project, and by all accounts he is a good man. So there is no personal dislike or distrust of Bob on my part. I do think it's somewhat misleading to have assured us that things would happen by a certain date and then not follow through, but as we all know there are many factors involved in getting a project of this magnitude off the ground. And for the record, I do think we will see activity on the site - and sooner rather than later.

Again, sorry if anything I said was misconstrued. Obviously humor doesn't always translate well via the internet, and in the future I will err on the side of not saying anything in an attempt to diffuse a situation.

According to an e-mail sent by Bob Ellis himself recently, we should see activity on the site within a week, and "a special announcement about the project composition" within two weeks.

My comment about the "over-ambitious youth" was based on the current trend among young people (kids and adults alike), who seem to think that what they post online or text message over the phone is somehow different than what they say in public. I see this everywhere these days and it is very disheartening.

I am guessing that it has something to do with the restaurant on the ground floor. If the rumor about Tyler Florence was true, and if he was indeed looking at a North Main location, that would be my guess. It seems that such a space would be an excellent location for a fine dining restaurant. As others have said, the North Main district of downtown could become another next hot spot for development in the near future. It certainly has tons of potential. :shades:

I think we all need to keep in mind that this a publicly available site and think twice before posting personal comments. Could we please get back to intelligent & informative discussions and stop trying to entertain --- especially at the expense of an individual.

I would say all of us have posted statements, in which we attempted to put a little humor, in order to soften expressions of opinon or even frustration. 99% of the time, I think these are positive contributions to the forum, afterall, that is what it is here for (it seems to me). I doubt anyone means Bob Ellis any disrespect. Sometimes it is ok to take humor at face value, and not try to read more into it than is actually there. I don't think Mr Ellis will lose any face as a result of our little comments, his contributions are, and will be, well noted and appreciated for decades to come. I agree that it is completely out of line to take cheap shots at others (including other forum members), but a little friendly and harmless banter among us is to be expected and even desired. Our culture has become a bit thin skinned, but life is too short to take ourselves so seriously all of the time. :thumbsup:

I would say all of us have posted statements, in which we attempted to put a little humor, in order to soften expressions of opinon or even frustration. 99% of the time, I think these are positive contributions to the forum, afterall, that is what it is here for (it seems to me). I doubt anyone means Bob Ellis any disrespect. Sometimes it is ok to take humor at face value, and not try to read more into it than is actually there. I don't think Mr Ellis will lose any face as a result of our little comments, his contributions are, and will be, well noted and appreciated for decades to come. I agree that it is completely out of line to take cheap shots at others (including other forum members), but a little friendly and harmless banter among us is to be expected and even desired. Our culture has become a bit thin skinned, but life is too short to take ourselves so seriously all of the time. :thumbsup:

fortunately, the thick pollen in the air is preventing the temperature from rising a few degrees higher. how lucky we are (as well as the makers of facial tissues) :rolleyes:

I hope the big announcement comes with the tower crane, which if they are forced to leave it up for a while, I guess I'll just have to live the beautiful sight of progress and a changing skyline... ^_^

Archived