New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I've been following the renovation status of some of Nissan Stadium's comparable facilities. When half of the comparable facilities are domes and the others are doing a renovation approaching $1BN each, thank God our general fund is not in the stadium renovation business anymore. 

- Cleveland just announced a potential renovation,  approaching $1BN!!, and will not include a roof or dome. 

- Jaguars are contemplating a roof more expansive than Hard Rock Stadium and cover every seat, with renovation estimates coming in the $600MM to $1BN range. 

- Cincinnati is debating a renovation that would cost $500MM - $700MM. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/browns-redone-stadium-could-cause-temp-move

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/02/15/where-do-jacksonville-mayoral-candidates-stand-on-jaguars-stadium-renovations-heres-what-they-said/

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/hamilton-county-officials-say-building-new-bengals-stadium-isnt-out-of-question-amid-renovation-discussions/QUR43LGPRBFJPFMCIVIFUOITCM/

The Jaguars stadium is the7th oldest in NFL.  Can't imagine paying  a lot for tickets there, and still having no AC and all the stadiums amenitites from 1995.  

On 5/4/2023 at 11:33 AM, nashvylle said:

I've been following the renovation status of some of Nissan Stadium's comparable facilities. When half of the comparable facilities are domes and the others are doing a renovation approaching $1BN each, thank God our general fund is not in the stadium renovation business anymore. 

- Cleveland just announced a potential renovation,  approaching $1BN!!, and will not include a roof or dome. 

- Jaguars are contemplating a roof more expansive than Hard Rock Stadium and cover every seat, with renovation estimates coming in the $600MM to $1BN range. 

- Cincinnati is debating a renovation that would cost $500MM - $700MM. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/browns-redone-stadium-could-cause-temp-move

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/02/15/where-do-jacksonville-mayoral-candidates-stand-on-jaguars-stadium-renovations-heres-what-they-said/

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/hamilton-county-officials-say-building-new-bengals-stadium-isnt-out-of-question-amid-renovation-discussions/QUR43LGPRBFJPFMCIVIFUOITCM/

Time to add in Charlotte. $1.2BN stadium renovation ($600MM from city). 

https://www.thecentersquare.com/north_carolina/article_a7b528ca-eb66-11ed-a15e-5f10db89fb23.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

I'm fine with a covered stadium as long as the roof is retractable.

Nashville still has more sunny days than rainy ones. Or at least they did.

It’s already known, that the roof isn’t retractable. It will be translucent, but fixed. 

I agree we dont need a retractable roof, but I do want to see a roof similar to SoFi Stadium. That roof is translucent and fixed, but is actually held up from the bowl structure to allow for passive air flow through the building. Granted we have much more humidity that LA, but that large of a venue could utilize such an approach as a supplement to any mechanical air in an effort to save on energy costs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I agree we dont need a retractable roof, but I do want to see a roof similar to SoFi Stadium. That roof is translucent and fixed, but is actually held up from the bowl structure to allow for passive air flow through the building. Granted we have much more humidity that LA, but that large of a venue could utilize such an approach as a supplement to any mechanical air in an effort to save on energy costs.

Right! I would like to see large windows at the top levels that could be opened all (or nearly) the way around the whole stadium like an open-air pavilion, but I don't see anything in the renderings that look like that. 

• Like 2

I was at SoFi for the national championship (TCU fan :()and the open ends of the stadium were cool, but the concourses were super dangerous when it started raining. Probably more of a concrete treatment issue. The paramedics were definitely busy on the field and in the stands.

Here’s a close up picture I took of the roof.

69500105112__56E12471-4C7B-4BCA-AF8A-43D7B1622503.jpeg

69499983902__7D92F81E-4497-48B8-8C62-1D3A96BEE879.jpeg

69500636126__5364FC75-6BF7-4A9E-BC93-159DB35E6A22.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I wouldn't even put operable windows in honestly. That is is just one more item to maintain and ultimately costs money. I would say literally keep the roof elevated from the rest of the bowl.  You can see in the image below, SoFi is truly open air just below the roof line and above the seats. These areas open up more at certain sections. 

10_SoFi-Sections_NorthSouth.jpg?1650539112

As you mentioned though, the initial renderings look more closely aligned to Allegiant Stadium than anything remotely close to SoFi. I still like the classical approach - ie Lucas Oil - or something that blends more into a built environment, but I think this strategy could be integrated into a design like that.

@Bos2Nash if the Titans stadium's roof was elevated exactly like SoFi, I don't think Nashville could host major events due colder weather in January / February and couldn't host Final Four because of rain/wind (I don't think SoFi can host final four?)

Another point to message- every tourist in Nashville this past weekend most likely spent time and $ in Broadway, meaning 100% of their sales tax went to the MCC. Developing the parking lots of the Titans stadium will put 50% of every dollar spent into the General Fund and 50% paying down stadium debt. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

@Bos2Nash if the Titans stadium's roof was elevated exactly like SoFi, I don't think Nashville could host major events due colder weather in January / February and couldn't host Final Four because of rain/wind (I don't think SoFi can host final four?)

"Colder" weather lol. We both know what is REAL colder weather haha. The colder weather I can see the argument for, but the rain/wind is something that could be accounted from in design, like with overhangs or other low maintenance opening protectives.

I guess for this to be a true multi-use facility it would need to be fully enclosed.  Basically this thing will (and better be) be utilized as an MCC with a field instead of the Karl Dean Grand Ballroom

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kv615 said:

Question on next steps - are the renderings being shown to the public the final renderings or is it still subject to change? If so, curious on when we would see new ones if they are still planning to break ground early next year. 

I am sure there has been a lot of development occurring behind the scenes to ensure that project hit the ground running upon approval. @bwithers1 could provide some insight on if we should expect to see any additional renderings.

The EB boulevard will be a big component to the Stadium deal, so I would very much like to see some public meetings come up about the progress on that design.

• Like 2

I'm a PSL and season ticket holder and we just got the prices for the PSL's and season tickets in the new stadium and they are EXTREMELY high. My season tickets in the current stadium are $690 (40 yard line mid upper deck) and a similar seat in the new stadium would be close to triple that.  My PSL was $1200 in 1999 and the PSL for this would be near $4000 .  I've sat with many of the same fans for 25 years and have no doubt that many of them will not be able to afford the new stadium.  It will be interesting to see how it goes, plus we don't have a firm answer on how much credit we will get for our current PSL'.s.  Will try and find the schedule and post, seemed to have deleted it as I was in shock. 

Edited by GreenHillsBoy
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I like it. It would be cool to have the roof light up and be able to display things for events and games. 

Is that a blue colored road in front of the stadium on the river side, like a Titans walk?

Unrelated this whole intersection is such a gigantic waste of space. 

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 1.27.07 PM.png

If in ten years from now, there are that many buildings of 7 or fewer floors around the East Bank and if there is still that big ol' tangle of spaghetti getting to Ellington, we've done it wrong.

• Like 3