New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

1 hour ago, samsonh said:

The point I was making is don't fall in love with renderings of a bustling cityscape around the stadium. The Sounds stadium opened 8 years ago and the development has been relatively slow going(especially considering how hot Nashville has been the last decade). And this is in a more desirable area than the East Bank imo. I am not sure when you are rereferring to the economy souring. The economy from 2014/15 to now has been pretty hot with the exception of the Covid slowdown. Very hot as it relates to MF development. 

Don't get it confused that I want the stadium to fail. I hope it is fantastically successful and we have a great new neighborhood. Now that the legislation has passed that is the only way to root. 

You're correct and no I am not assuming you want the project to fail. You are also correct in that the economy did not sour. I meant the deal with metro soured because the Sounds ownership never started their development despite the economy being great, so metro was left on the hook!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Two groups are vying to become the construction manager for the new $2.1 billion Tennessee Titans stadium. 

1) Tennessee Builders Alliance (TBA) is made up of a partnership between Turner Construction Co., AECOM Hunt Construction, Polk & Associates and ICF Builders.

2) The Clark, Bell, Mortenson, Pinnacle Joint Venture (CBMP)

...have submitted proposals for construction management services of the stadium, according to the Titans. 

The Titans will present their selection to the Nashville Sports Authority for approval at its Aug. 17 meeting, as well as the architect of record contract.

Once the construction manager is selected, subcontractors will follow.

Turner Construction has several sporting facilities under its belt, including SoFi Stadium, as does AECOM Hunt, including Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Polk & Associates has done work at Nashville International Airport and ICF Builders did downtown Nashville's National Museum of African American Music.

Clark, Bell, Mortenson and Pinnacle have a lengthy portfolio of large-scale projects they’ve partnered on. Clark and Bell have partnered for notable Nashville projects like the Music City Center and have done work at Nashville Yards. Mortenson and Clark came together on the Golden State Warriors’ Chase Center in San Francisco. Mortenson and Pinnacle were the team behind Nashville SC’s Geodis Park.  

Construction on the 60,000-seat domed stadium is expected to start in early to mid-2024, with completion set for 2027. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/08/10/two-companies-submit-proposals-for-construction-ma.html

Two groups enter. One will leave. Let the heavyweight bout begin!

Glen Johnson sets his right hand up with a body jab against Carl Froch :  r/Boxing

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

That's honestly kind of why I like it.  It almost seamlessly integrates into the surrounding urban neighborhood, which for an NFL stadium is almost unheard of.  The structure itself also offers a variety of uses to the neighborhood, so it won't just be a massive insular monolith surrounded by parking and sitting completely unused for 357 days out of the year unlike most NFL stadiums of the past, and even most of the other stadiums being planned and built currently, which, again, is why I personally prefer the design of the Titans stadium, even though some of those other stadiums might be more in vogue from an architectural design standpoint.

I want just about as seamless integration into a surrounding neighborhood you can get, granted it does not exist at all right now, but I'd like a little more "bang" in the design versus this Playstation turned on its side.  But then again, I guess I'm more of a big purist for a big, hulking stadium but I can certainly do without a sea of asphalt. 

Obviously these are not final renderings & designs, so I'll await full judgement until then. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Q&A with Titans' CEO Burke Nihill:

We’ve also built it in mind of thinking that this needs to be so much more than a football stadium. There’s the obvious of concerts; we are anticipating there will be 40-plus events there every year and three quarters of those will be non-football events. We are also trying to think about this as something where the community can use it regularly. We have 13,000 square feet that’s the front door of that facility with community purposes in mind. 

So yes, we expect Super Bowls and Final Fours and those great events, but how cool would it be if that’s happening on a Sunday, and then Wednesday, Thursday, that week there’s a Metro Nashville school kid who has an impactful event happening in that same building? The ideal outcome, 10, 15, 20 years from now, it is just a building that is used by Nashville. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/08/25/tennesee-titans-burke-nihill-new-stadium.html

• Like 3