New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

If this is of any value, like current and more dailed in with more accurate information. Then the buildings in that left bottom near Woodland are really resembling theatres. Would be interesting to find out something more solid.

Does anyone know what meeting this might have been from ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Argo said:

Do you realize how this looks. Seriously.

Yeah, a bunch of concert goers got rained on and you hilariously make it out to be the worst thing that has ever happened and the most important issue the city has ever faced. Get real.

And I spoke to a neighbor, a twenty-something married professional person, who was there for that rain delayed concert and she said it was the one of the most amazing and memorable experiences of her lifetime. Taylor and her dancers have spoken of what a great time they had pulling off a concert under those conditions. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I assume they mean being jammed in the concourses for 4 hours with people passing out and concessions running out. 
The pictures I’ve seen look far from ideal. 

Hey quick question for the board: Can all of the following be true?

• Nissan Stadium has worse amenities than newer NFL stadiums?
  • Replacing Nissan stadium with $750M+ of Nashville money takes funding away from other Nashville priorities?
  • Building a new stadium with a roof will bring more events and more predictability with weather?
  • Taylor Swift's rain-delayed concert was a less-than-ideal fan experience, while ultimately being a success at the end of the night?
  • A major funding pathway for funding the new stadium (sales tax diversion) will incentivize Nashville to develop a tourist-oriented neighborhood on the East Bank with more hotels/bars/etc?
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bos2Nash said:

I don't believe it incentivizes tourist oriented development necessarily. The developments will really come down to how the UDO is created and modified for the Central Waterfront District and when the three other districts are ultimately added to the UDO.

Clearly the zoning is going to be the critical next step... How much input into land use does Metro have in the land it owns? (For example, will we be auctioning off parcels with certain height/usage/affordability requirements?)

On 5/12/2023 at 12:35 PM, GreenHillsBoy said:

I'm a PSL and season ticket holder and we just got the prices for the PSL's and season tickets in the new stadium and they are EXTREMELY high. My season tickets in the current stadium are $690 (40 yard line mid upper deck) and a similar seat in the new stadium would be close to triple that.  My PSL was $1200 in 1999 and the PSL for this would be near $4000 .  I've sat with many of the same fans for 25 years and have no doubt that many of them will not be able to afford the new stadium.  It will be interesting to see how it goes, plus we don't have a firm answer on how much credit we will get for our current PSL'.s.  Will try and find the schedule and post, seemed to have deleted it as I was in shock. 

I'm sure you saw the installment plans available at 8% interest and up to ten years to finance PSLs.  What were those 3 years $0 down; 5 years 20% down, and I can't recall the ten year option specifics.

20 hours ago, Argo said:

Do you realize how this looks. Seriously.

Yeah, a bunch of concert goers got rained on and you hilariously make it out to be the worst thing that has ever happened and the most important issue the city has ever faced. Get real.

This is a thread to specifically discuss the new Titans stadium. Not to speak for @Luvemtall, but to assume that he/she believes the new Titans stadium "is the most important issue the city is facing" is ridiculous. Currently when 210K people attend a concert in Nashville on a weekend (Taylor Swift or CMA Fest), any $ spent either goes directly to the aging Nissan Stadium, or the MCC. The transient $ needs to go to the general fund so Nashville can address basic and essential needs, which the new stadium deal does: $345MM is projected to go directly into the general fund from spending in the new stadium campus and non-NFL event ticket taxes. In order to meet, and hopefully exceed, those projections, we cannot have concerts and events rained out, or event promoters will simply go elsewhere. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Here are my thoughts:

• True. They are absolutely worse. Stadium design and operation has come such a long ways since Nissan was built. I would also say that Nissan is worse than stadiums that were built before Nissan, with the exception of Buffalo (who is building a new stadium) and Washington (which is in the early planning stage for a new stadium)
  • True AND False. The stadium didn't need to be a priority, but ultimately was with enough of the council. The stadium funding from the city is through bonds that otherwise wouldn't have been used to fund other priorities. The hotel tax COULD have been used for transit funding, but the county voters shot that down resoundingly unfortunately. The new deal actually HELPS with current priorities because it take General Funds monies that were essentially promised to Nissan Stadium and removed them from the equation to put towards Nashville priorities. The city was already in default, and honestly I consider Nashville lucky to not have been put in default for the $30MM+ already paid by Titans. If the Titans wanted to take metro to court for Renovating Nissan stadium, they would Indy, Detroit, Houston (all domes) and then Cleveland, Carolina, Cincy, Jacksonville (all renovations approaching $1BN)... thank God we are not putting $1BN into a renovation of a stadium that can only host outside events. 
  • True. The question is if those events are truly needed in the city. I think with the new stadium campus, sales tax going directly into general fund instead of MCC is a much, much need for the city. 
  • True. HUGE success. Even with the less than ideal concessions and stuck in the concourses, those folks still bought tickets and spent money in the city. But that $ went to Nissan Stadium and the MCC. The new deal will allow concert and stadium event attendees to spend $ outside the stadium and have 50% of their sales tax go to paying down stadium debt (good for city) and 50% go directly to General Fund (Great for city). 
  • Maybe True/Maybe False. I don't believe it incentivizes tourist oriented development necessarily. The developments will really come down to how the UDO is created and modified for the Central Waterfront District and when the three other districts are ultimately added to the UDO. I pray we build workforce housing so people that work in the stadium, stadium campus, CBD can walk to work and afford to live in this area of town. 

@Bos2Nash @andywildman added my thoughts in bold 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Thanks Nashvylle , I wasn’t going to respond to Argo’s post simply because I thought it was intended more to fuel the flames of a troll. 
I don’t think that neither my post or the situation I spoke about are hilarious at all, and I never once mentioned that it was a worst thing for Nashville. 
just was stating my thoughts and opinions, that the situation with the rain delay and the environment that was, doesn’t need to be happening. Some may see it differently, but to me it’s just vindication of the need for an enclosed venue. 

I agree with you about all of that!  When I heard about the issues that all of those people had that night (mostly young girls) it was the first thing I thought of myself, when the new stadium is built nobody's going to be stressing over the weather reports because they're all going to be inside!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• markhollin changed the title to New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)