Wealthy Street Mega Thread

joshleo

6 hours ago, mgreven said:

I would think management might not have helped either - we went when they opened on a Sunday because I wanted to try it and kid's ate free on Sundays when it opened.  My wife and I each got a salad because we didn't want anything too heavy and our kids got pizzas.  All three pizzas came out full size...we took home almost two pizzas.  We questioned the bill because it was so cheap ($20 or so for us all...)  Of course, we went back a few Sundays later.  The pizza size shrunk to kid-sized but still free.  That seemed more appropriate but still quite a deal.  Went back a couple months later and the kids eat free was done.  They said parents would have all their kids order and then just eat off of those meals while drinking beer.  Of course, those customers were not cool for doing that however it doesn't take too much restaurant sense to put safe guards in place to avoid losing too much on promotions.  (like one free kids meal with purchase of adult meal...which most places do).  The food and drink wasn't worth another trip.  BTW, when the bill was that cheap, we tipped a ton....  =)

They gave out full sized pizzas for free??? :rofl:  Part of me feels like they deserve to go out of business for such a boneheaded move. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thebeerqueer said:

Sounds interesting. Good luck guys!

I will be interested in seeing the plans and the specific location (on the property).   Could be a really nice setting.  That property borders the White Pine Trail but it seems like it is set on a pretty steep hill.   Might be able to attract a lot of the runners, cyclists, etc. that are on the trail if it is close enough.   Might be able to work with some organizations like LLS Team in Training or JDRF Ride to Cure to do some of their team rides/runs starting there.

Edited by Sparty97

7 hours ago, Sparty97 said:

I will be interested in seeing the plans and the specific location (on the property).   Could be a really nice setting.  That property borders the White Pine Trail but it seems like it is set on a pretty steep hill.   Might be able to attract a lot of the runners, cyclists, etc. that are on the trail if it is close enough.   Might be able to work with some organizations like LLS Team in Training or JDRF Ride to Cure to do some of their team rides/runs starting there.

Rockford Brewery and Brewery Vivant do a number of biking partnership events, like Fly to the Coq and Coq to the Fly on the White Pine Trail.  Elk Brewing is also pretty close to the WPT now and Vitale's has a park-n-bike lot right behind it. A lot of opportunities. I personally have had a run-in with one of the owners of this new place though and they will not be getting any of my money. :whistling: I also find it a really strange place for a restaurant/brewpub. If it were right on the Rogue across the road, that'd be another story.  It's mostly industrial users in that area now and a church where the Big Green Monster (old paper plant) used to be. The church is in a better spot than this place will be. 

https://goo.gl/maps/4VfgLgCRShB2

Oh wow, google streetview still has the big green monster (that's what the locals called it):

https://goo.gl/maps/y7fU7XrZEWB2

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Rockford Brewery and Brewery Vivant do a number of biking partnership events, like Fly to the Coq and Coq to the Fly on the White Pine Trail.  Elk Brewing is also pretty close to the WPT now and Vitale's has a park-n-bike lot right behind it. A lot of opportunities. I personally have had a run-in with one of the owners of this new place though and they will not be getting any of my money. :whistling: I also find it a really strange place for a restaurant/brewpub. If it were right on the Rogue across the road, that'd be another story.  It's mostly industrial users in that area now and a church where the Big Green Monster (old paper plant) used to be. The church is in a better spot than this place will be. 

https://goo.gl/maps/4VfgLgCRShB2

Oh wow, google streetview still has the big green monster (that's what the locals called it):

https://goo.gl/maps/y7fU7XrZEWB2

I grew up close to the location. Seems like a really odd spot. Kind of surprised zoning allows it. It’s slightly industrial, with a Church and light residential. Pretty odd placement. 

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

1201 Wealthy is back on the city's docket. Bazzani is looking to take it over and build a new infill project, similar to the old design (but not as good if you ask me). 

Going before HPC for an advisory discussion.

5ae1cf4a4e30c_1201wealthy.thumb.JPG.ad41bedee9a36fe7c5f8f6ea17c4acc1.JPG

Seems like more units than the last design, if I remember correctly?

Depending on cost, I would hope these would be lower priced than the units east toward Eastown.

It will be good to see that lot developed.  I was just walking around there on Sunday and that corner is lacking. Whatever happened to the restaurant that was supposed to go in the Wealthy Street Station place?  BTW, I couldn't believe what a difference that development on the old McDonald's site made.  I took some photos if anyone hasn't been by there in a while.

G7uNy4GmTp6YomzZliiiRA.jpg

55Z9C19qT9+OVG1jpeS8Nw.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mgreven said:

I

G7uNy4GmTp6YomzZliiiRA.jpg

Happened to walk by Forty Acres today on my walk down Wealthy and noticed they were open for take-out only.  I probably should have stepped inside to look at the menu but I'd just ate and didn't feel hungry. 

EDIT: but I just found their take-out menu on the interweb.  Here it is;

40 acres take-out menu

Edited by walker
to add link

16 hours ago, walker said:

Happened to walk by Forty Acres today on my walk down Wealthy and noticed they were open for take-out only.  I probably should have stepped inside to look at the menu but I'd just ate and didn't feel hungry. 

EDIT: but I just found their take-out menu on the interweb.  Here it is;

40 acres take-out menu

They're only doing take-out at lunch? Are they still in the grand opening phase? 

21 hours ago, arcturus said:

What does the other side of Calkins look like?  Street view didn't exactly paint a flattering picture when it was taken.

It's pretty bad.  Really small and run down houses.  Didn't seem too much different than when I lived right there and walked that way all the time.  Back then, a couple were vacant and boarded up - I didn't noticed if that was changed or not...too distracted by the new buildings and sunshine!  =)

18 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

And  catering but not yet open for walk-in sit-down service. Not sure on a timeline though. Everyone I've talked to about the food says its on point. 

from what I have heard, there were some issues with the Liquor License and that is why they were only doing take out right now.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
It's pretty bad.  Really small and run down houses.  Didn't seem too much different than when I lived right there and walked that way all the time.  Back then, a couple were vacant=)

Things are changing.

Take a look at this listing. I think this sold for less than 10k a few years ago. I know the place next door last sold for 8k

https://www.grar.com/property/mls/18023177

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real estate bubble is full blown. No way I'd pay $159,000.  My neighbors house just sold for $175,000, listed on a Wed pm, offer pending Fri pm . Just redone inside. 3 bedrooms 1 1/2 bath nice yard & beautiful landscaping (she was a master gardener) and 2 1/2 stall garage. No bars close by but the Alpine Meijers is 3 blocks away.  We love the convenience of Alpine Ave close to our neighborhood. 

1 hour ago, uncus said:

Things are changing.

Take a look at this listing. I think this sold for less than 10k a few years ago. I know the place next door last sold for 8k

https://www.grar.com/property/mls/18023177

Ah but the catch is that the place was a boarded-up wreck that was overlooking a dingy strip mall tacked onto the back of an abandoned McDonalds back then. I'm sure 40K(?) had to go into this at least.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 9:14 AM, Raildude said:
The real estate bubble is full blown. No way I'd pay $159,000

Offer already pending on the place after a few days.

Agree that it’s crazy, but doesn’t seem to be slowing down
20180525102523881722000000-o.jpg

Edited by uncus

Remember last year when I posted the shut-off notice about an overdue water bill:

On 5/27/2017 at 4:47 PM, walker said:

Wealthy, the Lofts on Wealthy LLC.  A water shut off notice, they haven't been paying their water bill.  Likely just some kind of clerical oversight;

5929e390bbdd3_733WEALTHYFINALNOTICE.thumb.JPG.aa97d487d07fbe2c9214c10c3e9aeac6.JPG

Well, it looks like they've been ignoring their water bills again this year:

702695796_SHUT-OFF2018.thumb.png.d20916f103b8a730959fa942d0ef1f85.png

• 3 weeks later...