Wealthy Street Mega Thread

joshleo

On 5/21/2016 at 6:46 PM, GR_Urbanist said:

Oh, and if anyone is out and around the new Johnny B's location, it is PACKED. Today must be their new grand opening.

It is amazing to see the location finally come alive. That entire intersection is hopping this evening!

Sounds like the move across the street was a good decision. I hear their current location is already leased out to two new retailers to the area. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Sounds like the move across the street was a good decision. I hear their current location is already leased out to two new retailers to the area. 

Yes there was renovation activity inside the old location the day after the move happened.

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

That's incredible!

I was wondering how long the space may stay empty. That part of Wealthy sees so much activity, it isn't a surprise that those spaces are already spoken for

9 hours ago, GR_Urbanist said:

That's incredible!

I was wondering how long the space may stay empty. That part of Wealthy sees so much activity, it isn't a surprise that those spaces are already spoken for

Heard the old Johnny B's has been split and will be a Bridal store and Chocolate store.  Can't confirm but that is what I heard.

There's a sign on the door to the old main entrance (the former Johnny B's) for a confectionary store.  I should have got a picture of it I don't remember the name.

On another note there's a for sale sign on the NE corner of Wealthy and Fuller (empty lot that looks like it used to be a gas station)  I shows pending sale on the sign.  I wonder what would be planned there.

8 hours ago, MJLO said:

There's a sign on the door to the old main entrance (the former Johnny B's) for a confectionary store.  I should have got a picture of it I don't remember the name.

On another note there's a for sale sign on the NE corner of Wealthy and Fuller (empty lot that looks like it used to be a gas station)  I shows pending sale on the sign.  I wonder what would be planned there.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess a small mixed use apartment building. :)

• Like 1

On 6/9/2016 at 9:12 AM, arcturus said:

8:00 pm last night Greyline Brewing was packed!  Their overflow parking across the street at the FOP was really needed.

One of the customers said he was just hired by Creston Brewery.

That part of town was greatly underserved. Other than a few biker bars, and then the crappy chains on Alpine, you pretty much had to go all the way up to Perrin to get some good beer.