Laurens Road Corridor

vicupstate

1 hour ago, motonenterprises said:

Here we go again. Smh.

Well, that’s what happens when people on this forum have an issue with me liking tower cranes and high rises which isn’t any different than somebody liking sports, cars, etc. Skyscraperpage, Skyscrapercity, etc…there’s plenty of forums out there for us enthusiasts so I don’t see what the big deal is. I also don’t know why people on “URBAN” Planet think it’s weird to like this type of stuff anyways. Isn’t that why this forum is here??? :dontknow: 

Oh and the McClaren building is still ugly. :P 

Edited by gman430

12 hours ago, gman430 said:

Well, that’s what happens when people on this forum have an issue with me liking tower cranes and high rises which isn’t any different than somebody liking sports, cars, etc. Skyscraperpage, Skyscrapercity, etc…there’s plenty of forums out there for us enthusiasts so I don’t see what the big deal is. I also don’t know why people on “URBAN” Planet think it’s weird to like this type of stuff anyways. Isn’t that why this forum is here??? :dontknow: 

What we have a problem with is your continued bashing of our great city and its leaders. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gman430 said:

I like most of the same things you do, so I guess you're speaking of another poster. I just choose to focus on the positive that's going on in the area. McClaren is unique. I like it.

-Warehouse has reopened. 

-Former Advance Auto Parts has been leased.

-Work has started on the former Farmhouse Tacos or was it pizza??? 

-Work has started on this project: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/development-at-former-kimbrells-location-aims-to-be-new-community-hotspot/

-Looks like everything in the new development at Laurens Road and Blair Street is now open. 

Edited by gman430

On 10/13/2022 at 8:15 AM, gman430 said:

The architect visited the site in March. Full design work now underway so project is still moving forward.

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Whataburger for 1601 Laurens Road.

Interesting. The pic  on the listing for that property on Loopnet has the  shopping center on E. Antrim where the Camelot Theater is  located shaded out and "Redevelopment Project"  written on it.  Any ideas what is happening there?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1601-Laurens-Rd-Greenville-SC/26670383/

Edited by vistatiger

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Is this really that big of a deal? If they want to be here, reduced (read: normal) operating hours isn't going to stop that. 

I agree. If we are going to have a development/zoning code that has broad public approval and acceptance, we can't just start letting large companies come in and do whatever they want. 

If they want to profit off Greenville they need to work with Greenville instead of coming in here expecting they can operate however they want.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

I agree. If we are going to have a development/zoning code that has broad public approval and acceptance, we can't just start letting large companies come in and do whatever they want. 

If they want to profit off Greenville they need to work with Greenville instead of coming in here expecting they can operate however they want.

Is Greenville the only city in America that does not want this restaurant? They are open 24 hours a day in every location. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gman said:

Is Greenville the only city in America that does not want this restaurant? They are open 24 hours a day in every location. 

They can easily locate outside of the city limits if it's that important to them. However, if they want the demographics and traffic of this location, what are they willing to do to be granted access? One can also ask: does Whataburger not want Greenville? I appreciate the City taking a stance. 

Edited by GvilleSC
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Unless they can prove they are singled out or there was not a legitimate clause in the code that was used to deny them, then Whataburger does not have a leg to stand on.   

They are being singled out though. Why is QT, Spinx, and Waffle House allowed to stay open 24/7 in the city but not them? 

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

They are being singled out though. Why is QT, Spinx, and Waffle House allowed to stay open 24/7 in the city but not them? 

In some cases they may have a different zoning. Regardless of that though,  all of the existing locations would be grandfathered in as they were built under the old code.