Laurens Road Corridor

vicupstate

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any information on the status of property owners agreeing to donate land for the swamp rabbit trail? I’m sure it’s a more complex process than it seems on the surface but it’s taking a really long time to get this resolved. I live near where the trail is going and plan to use it multiple times a week so this is testing my patience.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
17 hours ago, vistatiger said:

Sign up for Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack coming soon to Laurens and McAdoo.

http://www.rockyshotchickenshack.com

Wow - Nice addition, and something somewhat new to Greenville. Been there multiple times in Ashville and never let down. Seems to be quite a few things going on down Laurens. Cant help but think how nice it'd be to have spinx plaza redone...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gville2012 said:

Wow - Nice addition, and something somewhat new to Greenville. Been there multiple times in Ashville and never let down. Seems to be quite a few things going on down Laurens. Cant help but think how nice it'd be to have spinx plaza redone...

I agree. That's a bit of an eye sore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Den2Gvl said:

Oh are they trying to rebrand it as "midtown"? That's the first I've heard of that. 

Lol yes. My wife keeps saying that we live in Midtown as a joke. There’s even a gym with Midtown in the name over there. 

So we have downtown, midtown and they want the Haywood Mall area to be uptown. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a apparently vacant or seldom used Army Reserve facility on Laurens Rd.  that is now owned jointly by the city and county. It is 3.6 acres and would appear to be an excellent candidate for a new Police HQ for the city, prehaps big enough for the Municipal Court as well.  It is outside the city but could be annexed without difficulty.     

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

There is a apparently vacant or seldom used Army Reserve facility on Laurens Rd.  that is now owned jointly by the city and county. It is 3.6 acres and would appear to be an excellent candidate for a new Police HQ for the city, prehaps big enough for the Municipal Court as well.  It is outside the city but could be annexed without difficulty.     

The one next to Fairway Subaru? That's not in the city limits?

22 minutes ago, Exile said:

The one next to Fairway Subaru? That's not in the city limits?

That is the one. Yes, it is part of a semi-large donut hole.  It is contiguous though, so no issue to annex it. Considering the city owns half of it already, I don't know why it hasn't been already. 

• Thanks 1