Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

17 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Any chance of this airline coming one day to BNA?

and yes I’m flying on them tonight. I’m going to Norway and then England and Ireland for 30+ days to meet friends and family (in England with regards to the family part)

FA7903C1-E4BA-4A3E-9258-AFC21F4A536A.jpeg

4B8CB799-AEEB-4E74-BB41-8ECC7E600A6B.jpeg

Maybe, if they can last. This company just seems like Norwegian Long Haul v. 2, and they were going to fly to Austin before they went belly up. For some reason European long haul LCC’s don’t last long, or at least they don’t last past the first major financial downturn. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nashville born said:

image.thumb.png.b483fe986d48edbbda94c4ad34e26622.png

I can't wait!!!!!!!!

It seems as though Nashville has been adding flights to a lot of smaller destinations in recent years.  I wonder how many states are left without a flight to Nashville?  Can't be many at this point, I would imagine.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2023 at 6:08 PM, BnaBreaker said:

It seems as though Nashville has been adding flights to a lot of smaller destinations in recent years.  I wonder how many states are left without a flight to Nashville?  Can't be many at this point, I would imagine.

Missing about ten states based on a quick look at this map, adding the flight to Delaware: https://flynashville.com/flights/nonstop-destinations

Alabama, West Virginia, Vermont,
Kansas (the KC airport is in Missouri),
New Mexico, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon,
Hawaii, and Alaska

Edited by andywildman
I can't read a map (or this thread) and put NE & NV on the list.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, andywildman said:

Missing about ten states based on a quick look at this map, adding the flight to Delaware: https://flynashville.com/flights/nonstop-destinations

Hawaii, and Alaska

Thanks!  That is an impressive list.  HI and AK (distance) and VT and WY (lack of a sizable city) don't surprise me, but I'm really surprised there is no flight to places like Portland, Albuquerue, Birmingham, Boise, Wichita, or even Charleston WV considering some of the much smaller markets that do have flights (such as Fargo and Sioux Falls.)  I'm sure one day soon!

Edited by BnaBreaker

10 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Thanks!  That is an impressive list.  HI and AK (distance) and VT and WY (lack of a sizable city) don't surprise me, but I'm really surprised there is no flight to places like Portland, Albuquerue, Birmingham, Boise, Wichita, or even Charleston WV considering some of the much smaller markets that do have flights (such as Fargo and Sioux Falls.)  I'm sure one day soon!

At one time SWA had several flights daily to and from Birmingham. I suppose most of the traffic on those flights were folks on their way elsewhere. Most people going from Birmingham to Nashville would just drive, I suppose. 

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Yeah I flew nonstop to Portland in 2019. Strange that it didn't resume after Covid

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Allegiant ran Boise for a season but it didn’t return. I had a few family members take the flight, and it seemed to have operational issues (both family members had their return flights cancelled). 

Portland, OR was a season flight by Sun Country, I believe? I’m surprised Southwest doesn’t run it at least on Saturdays. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Allegiant ran Boise for a season but it didn’t return. I had a few family members take the flight, and it seemed to have operational issues (both family members had their return flights cancelled). 

Portland, OR was a season flight by Sun Country, I believe? I’m surprised Southwest doesn’t run it at least on Saturdays. 

Portland and Boise both seem likely in the next couple years. Portland doesn’t have anything direct in the mid south, nearest non-stop options are Atlanta and St Louis.

• Like 2

I think there could be room for a seasonal flight from Nashville to Jackson Wyoming. I saw Missoula was not on the list, so I am taking that there is a flight there. Granted I will bet a seasonal flight. Jackson and Missoula are both seasonal traffic locations and are hard to get to without having to fly into Dallas, Denver, or SLC. Been there and done that before. Those are locations that would work well from here.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, andywildman said:

Hawaii, and Alaska

That map is unfortunately not accurate. I think it reflects cities that have at one time had a nonstop flight, as there is not currently a nonstop to Portland, Maine, but there was last summer.  It made my annual summer trip to Maine so much nicer not having to fly into Boston last year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Or Alaska.

• Like 1