Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

On 12/31/2023 at 10:02 AM, JFW657 said:

I don't mind the unfinished concrete look so much as the spindly appearance. 

Some kind of cladding would make them appear heftier and more solid looking.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with it.  ;) 

CSP I has unfinished concrete cylinders.  I works b/c that building also has stainless steel highlights...these columns look "weak" up against curtain wall pre-cast?

On 12/28/2023 at 11:00 AM, Ivanhoe said:

Has this halted completely?

they painted the rest of the NW facade "strip" two weeks back and I noticed some of the upper floor units on the north facade lit the past couple weeks...since my last photos...

On 12/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Uncommon said:

I liked this tower when it was first announced but man do I hate it now. The only thing that can save it is if the 17-story tower also gets built. But it is a monstrous, plodding, slovenly eyesore that ruined the skyline view unfortunately.

I think the top will be lit up...that can "help" its look at night...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

last night heading EB on I-4, a whole lot of room lights were lit on the southern facade of Society.  Sorry, no photo.  this is the most I've ever seen there yet.

Probably checking out the electrical system.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

I thought the same thing for Bellsouth driving by earlier this week. The front landscaping and little park looks great compared to what was there!

Sidenote, I'd much rather have the bollards like they did there protecting the building, but still getting a welcoming façade than a blank wall that the federal courthouse has.