Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

40 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

...and that is the major reason why Firestone looked like it was an island...nothing to speak of across the street...

I’ve always wanted Firestone to open up earlier as a restaurant / bar.  That probably isn’t possible however it would go a long way to bring a little something to that part of Orange.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 11:00 AM, prahaboheme said:

I’ve always wanted Firestone to open up earlier as a restaurant / bar.  That probably isn’t possible however it would go a long way to bring a little something to that part of Orange.

Yeah, and too bad Camden couldn’t keep retailers on the ground floor and converted those units to residential.  Not “ripe” enough I guess.

On 2/24/2023 at 4:00 PM, prahaboheme said:

A poverty of imagination!  That space inside is too voluminous for a single restaurant or bar.  I'd love to see wraparound development of the lots behind Firestone, to build a counterpoint to the crap further south.  Maybe a midrise apartment building with design riffs on the Firestone Neoclassical design, with a landscaped promenade along Concord.  Subdivide the Firestone building into 3 separate restaurant/cafe spaces.   A  mini-Wynwood, if you will.    I'm patiently waiting for the kickoff of "Midtown Orlando" nearby by the Midtown Miami developer on the Sentinel properties.  If it's anything like what has been done in Miami, it will drastically change the entry gate and center of gravity for Downtown.

Edited by jliv
  • Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 1:01 PM, jliv said:

A poverty of imagination!  That space inside is too voluminous for a single restaurant or bar.  I'd love to see wraparound development of the lots behind Firestone, to build a counterpoint to the crap further south.  Maybe a midrise apartment building with design riffs on the Firestone Neoclassical design, with a landscaped promenade along Concord.  Subdivide the Firestone building into 3 separate restaurant/cafe spaces.   A  mini-Wynwood, if you will.    I'm patiently waiting for the kickoff of "Midtown Orlando" nearby by the Midtown Miami developer on the Sentinel properties.  If it's anything like what has been done in Miami, it will drastically change the entry gate and center of gravity for Downtown.

oh, I must have missed that...the Midtown Miami developer doing the Sentinel property...

17 hours ago, jrs2 said:

oh, I must have missed that...the Midtown Miami developer doing the Sentinel property...

Midtown Miami as in that power center with the Target and the Marshalls?  If that's the plan, it was absolutely what I thought could go there.   Even if that meant Marshalls and some other stores leaving Colonial Plaza, it would make that land primed for the apartments that they want to build there.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 11:01 AM, codypet said:

Midtown Miami as in that power center with the Target and the Marshalls?  If that's the plan, it was absolutely what I thought could go there.   Even if that meant Marshalls and some other stores leaving Colonial Plaza, it would make that land primed for the apartments that they want to build there.

The Sentinel property would definitely be a great location for a large retail chain store and well known chain restaurants.

Or possibly some type of multi level mall or something akin to Sodo or WP Village, but with somewhat taller residential.   

And adequate parking garages obviously.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Gtothree2748 said:

Some close ups of the base since being painted. 

90019E6B-1C52-4CB5-A7FB-5E51076E734D.thumb.jpeg.ce366b293a1a5a37b2668ad2140bc65f.jpegFFC1B19A-90A9-440C-A648-BC62900FB11C.thumb.jpeg.e1cb5221728711199ff5030955a4ffcd.jpeg

that is some fantastic lighting on those shots...

29 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Didn't they do the pilings for the entire project at the beginning? 

As for the rest, it seems like they'd have had to take down and move the tower cranes anyway. 

I dunno.

I'm no expert on the subject. 

that is a very good question...

On 3/27/2023 at 2:43 PM, codypet said:

image.thumb.png.ef7fea5aef275e08187c66158d3c52cb.png

Mmmm yea.

It would have looked better if they could've oriented those two towers with the long sides running  north and south.

Short tower on the Orange Ave side and the taller one on the I-4 side. 

But I guess they were taking the sun's path into account.   

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...