Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

Having a restaurant inside the lobby is standard for PMG. X Miami uses the lower floors for a hotel and has a restaurant in the shared lobby. Society Las Olas uses the lower floors for Sonder and has restaurants surrounding the Riverwalk and passageway. Thrive will definitely not be out of the way in this location. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, opivys85 said:

Curious to see what the final product of this building is because it looks so ugly currently. Also looks like minimal work in the past several months. I’m guessing they are fleshing out the interior currently but the frontage has looked the same and unfinished for months.

I thought I saw some activity on the southern facade towards the Lynx Station, on the upper floors.  Beyond that, I haven't seen any movement.  Also, I noticed water runoff stains on the side of the garage pedestal facing the Lynx Station; you can see it from Garland.  Maybe, like you said, they are building out interior units and the lobby to start getting people in there for revenue before continuing on the non-essential "move-in" portions of the exterior (if that even can be done).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

In fairness, it’s appeared a bit desolate for a few months out there and the developer’s Tampa project, also u/c, went belly up.

:) 

But true, three decades isn’t that long to wait after all. 

True as well.  :thumbsup:

But I was merely alluding to our eagerness to get the final phase finished.  ;) 

On 12/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, Gtothree2748 said:

IMG_1760.thumb.jpeg.a8e644f62464721fa6b1767d8d559f64.jpegIMG_1761.thumb.jpeg.779febc4c2b07b679e8602f0042129ee.jpeg

It seems they’ve been working on the interior build out and amenity deck. Only thing really missing as far as exterior is ground level landscaping which will probably be anytime now. 

If ground level landscaping is all that's missing then this is one ugly ass building. And I have no hope for the 2nd phase ever materializing. 

17 hours ago, F-L-A said:

If ground level landscaping is all that's missing then this is one ugly ass building. And I have no hope for the 2nd phase ever materializing. 

I would think (and hope!!!) that those front columns....

Screenshot-20231230-151018.jpg

....are going to get covered with some type of exterior cladding which would improve their appearance and make them look beefier. 

They look in the picture like bare, unfinished concrete. 

The future of phase 2 is anybody's guess. 

• Like 1

Unfinished concrete is pretty standard with Society properties, see below from Society Las Olas. Expect artwork and a pool deck that’s ready for instagram.

image.thumb.jpeg.f7fb2a1448cb6938363002de0c07e8f6.jpeg

As for phase 2, I’d give it a few years. Society Las Olas opened in 2020 and Phase 2 began construction this year. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jerry95 said:

Unfinished concrete is pretty standard with Society properties, see below from Society Las Olas. Expect artwork and a pool deck that’s ready for instagram.

I don't mind the unfinished concrete look so much as the spindly appearance. 

Some kind of cladding would make them appear heftier and more solid looking.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with it.  ;) 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 10:02 PM, F-L-A said:

Is this what the ARB approved?