Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

21 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

OK Folks, I need you r eyes and ears! I am unleashing the hounds on this one.

It will not take long before this gets out and I have known something has been up with this lot for about 3 months. The lot behind Hume Fogg is about to be core drilled. I have known something was up for some time as it was surveyed sometime before Thanksgiving, I think. I told a few of you. When the core drillers get on there, everyone will know anyways.

If you know or hear something, please send me a PM. WW is reaching out to a few folks in the meantime. The lot is owned by the Carell Family. It is not the first time they have sold a lot. They sold the lot the Pinnacle was built on.

I do now know a project is planned, but as to the size and scope I know nothing. Keep your eyes and ears open and send any info to me via a PM, PLEASE!!!!

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 2:32 PM, smeagolsfree said:

OK Folks, I need you r eyes and ears! I am unleashing the hounds on this one.

It will not take long before this gets out and I have known something has been up with this lot for about 3 months. The lot behind Hume Fogg is about to be core drilled. I have known something was up for some time as it was surveyed sometime before Thanksgiving, I think. I told a few of you. When the core drillers get on there, everyone will know anyways.

If you know or hear something, please send me a PM. WW is reaching out to a few folks in the meantime. The lot is owned by the Carell Family. It is not the first time they have sold a lot. They sold the lot the Pinnacle was built on.

Please let it be more than infill sized...

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 7:20 AM, markhollin said:

1227 3rd Ave. North (3 stories, 15 townhomes) is finally moving forward. The .62 acre site. is being undertaken by an LLC made up of Michael Hartley (Landmark Realty), Steve Ezell (Tri-Mark Builders), and a silent partner. Allard Ward is the architect; Barge Cauthen is handling engineering/land planning.  They go before Metro Planning Commission of March 10th for an SP related to rezoning.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/planned-germantown-townhome-project-sees-movement/article_36146952-8077-11ec-8ca3-f3882f10fb39.html

1227 3rd Ave North, Jan 31, 2022, render 1.png

1227 3rd Ave North, Jan 31, 2022, render 2.png

1227 3rd Ave North, Jan 31, 2022, diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1227 3rd Ave North, Jan 31, 2022, site map.png

I guess the retail component at the corner of 3rd and Monroe got nixed? 

I am so looking forward to this project being finished. This and the three corners of 2nd and Monroe are going to make a HUGE difference to the immediate locale. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brit_in_Gtown said:

I guess the retail component at the corner of 3rd and Monroe got nixed? 

I am so looking forward to this project being finished. This and the three corners of 2nd and Monroe are going to make a HUGE difference to the immediate locale. 

I don't remember seeing any retail being listed in the plan. Normally it will say if there is commercial space involved. Space 8 is very large, I will have to say, so there could be hope at some point later that they may come back and turn that into retail. I am unsure how that would work.

Application Submittal 1/26/2022
MPC Agenda Date 3/10/2022
Administrative Approval  
Case # 2021SP-018-002
Ordinance # Not applicable for this application type
Previous Ordinance #'s  
Associated Case #  
Associated Bond #  
Reviewer FRONT COUNTER
Application Name 3RD AND MONROE (FINAL)
Application Type Specific Plan (Final Site Plan)
Application Scope A request for final site plan approval for property located at 1227 3rd Avenue North, at the southwest corner of Monroe Street and 3rd Avenue North (0.62 acres), zoned SP, to permit 15 townhomes, requested by Barge Cauthen and Associates, applicant; More on Third LLC, owner.
Scanned Application View Scanned Application
Scanned Plans View Scanned Plan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

LFM Capital is planning an urban mixed-use neighborhood on the .35 acre parcel at 1312 3rd. Ave. North in Germantown.  No word on size or amount of units.

This'll join the boutique hotel at 627 2nd Ave S for historic fire stations being redeveloped. As far as I'm aware that leaves the #16 station on 21st Ave S as the only "unbothered" one, unless someone else can bring my attention to another.

37 minutes ago, colemangaines said:

This'll join the boutique hotel at 627 2nd Ave S for historic fire stations being redeveloped. As far as I'm aware that leaves the #16 station on 21st Ave S as the only "unbothered" one, unless someone else can bring my attention to another.

Unbothered meaning still in use? If so, the fire station at the corner of Holly and 16th on the east side is still active even after taking a direct hit from the 2020 tornado. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, colemangaines said:

Will the development retain the historic structure?    

61B23F5B-5EFE-44C5-9664-D10454346590.png

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

The Subway has closed at the corner of the site. Per the development tracker as well we now know a double sided, illuminated sign will be positioned at the corner of the building. The name of the building will apparently be "The Maddox".

image.png.fa9f4cd0e42b9e8db1c8e250ecc3e8c6.png

I was wonder if anyone would catch this. The Maddox name comes fro the developer of the project.

• Like 1

Exactly what crossed my mind. Maybe they’ll have their very own pedal tavern stop right in front. Look at all the photo op locations they have without ever having to leave the building. I still think the hot chicken wings someone posted a couple of weeks ago is the best pfhito spot in town. I’ll be hitting that spot next time I’m up there. 

Edited by MLBrumby

Don't hold your breath expecting these to last very long.  They are prettier than the ones like on the Division Street Bridge by Haven.  A lot of them  were kicked down in a wanter of weeks.  Using an electric drill to secure them to the base shows me they are unlikely to remain vertial very long.  Any bets as to how long?

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Lower Broadway's new  pedestrian bollards in place (courtesy of rtgcontractors):

Lower Broadway pedestrian bollards, Feb 1, 2022, rtgcontractors, 1.png

Lower Broadway pedestrian bollards, Feb 1, 2022, rtgcontractors, 2.png

Lower Broadway pedestrian bollards, Feb 1, 2022, rtgcontractors, 3.png

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Don't hold your breath expecting these to last very long.  They are prettier than the ones like on the Division Street Bridge by Haven.  A lot of them  were kicked down in a wanter of weeks.  Using an electric drill to secure them to the base shows me they are unlikely to remain vertial very long.  Any bets as to how long?

These are the same ones they’ve used in other phases. I remember seeing one or two that were dented, but they’ve otherwise performed better than the Division street and KVB versions. 

• Like 2