Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

Taco Mamacita's new location. The new steel is for a small bar addition and outdoor patio. The bar will be able to open up to the patio space as well. It will include a walk up window near the street corner as well.

124756609_TacoMamacita_6thMonroe-5.thumb.jpg.3f89ffae396421e67893a50a37f2ef11.jpg

350705894_TacoMamacita_6thMonroe-8.thumb.jpg.babb1765881bb024a2463e5232c4f8da.jpg

270627704_TacoMamacita_6thMonroe-9.thumb.jpg.be6c1fe4befa8e147ddb8654d313d2b7.jpg

That back patio is almost exactly the same as the one they did for their Clyde's location on Church Street.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, titanhog said:

If they allow that building next to Nudies to be that tall (and that ugly)…I’m gonna be ticked.

The final site plan has been approved, so I think it IS going to be that tall. The top floor is, however, stepped back so the appearance from the street will be about the same height at nearby buildings on  Broadway.

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, titanhog said:

If they allow that building next to Nudies to be that tall (and that ugly)…I’m gonna be ticked.

Sarcasm?

This is actually already approved through planning and they are working through the permitting now. Only the top floor is stepped back though (and way back with that). You can see in the documents below

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=691742

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Sarcasm?

This is actually already approved through planning and they are working through the permitting now. Only the top floor is stepped back though (and way back with that). You can see in the documents below

https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=691742

Not sarcasm.  I don’t remember this structure having that very top part on earlier renders…so I guess I missed it.  The top two floors are hideous.  If it stopped at the red brick portion…awesome.  The rest is a disaster…IMO.

• Thanks 1

The understanding within overall planning within historical districts is also to make new buildings distinctively different. the perfect example of this is the Moxy and how the addition on top of the old record storage is a modern material with inspiration drawn from audio levels on a sound board.  I think the continuation of the arch language is nice language continuation and the modern look should be a nice difference from the other rooftops on Lower Broadway, IMO

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 8:50 AM, smeagolsfree said:

The water sewer permit alludes to a hotel. Like we need another hotel at that location. This company Alamo Manhattan that has the site under contract has a sizable project in Portland, but other than that the portfolio is not very impressive. If they do a hotel, I will suspect it will be a mixed-used project with residential.  Please DO NOT POST THIS on the Twitter feed. 

Looking like a 400 room Marriott per NBJ (https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/02/marriott-downtown.html)... any additional info on the speculation of mixed-use?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DiddyMas said:

Looking like a 400 room Marriott ... any additional info on the speculation of mixed-use?

Welcome to the forum, DiddyMass!   : )

There is now a thread for this project called "Marriott Hotel, 125 7th Ave. North."  I haven't heard any more speculation on this being mixed with office space at this time.

• Like 3

SoBro Guest House Boutique Hotel at 310 Peabody St. is looking at a possible  3 story expansion with 4 more units.  Ann and Jack Waddey are the owners; Manuel Zeitlin Architects will handle the design; Barge Cauthen Associates will oversee civil engineer and land planning); EMC will be the structural engineer.  The team will go before the Metro Development and Housing Agency Design Review Committee on Tuesday, March 15, to seek concept plan approval.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/downtown-boutique-hotel-eyed-for-addition/article_802381de-9b40-11ec-a589-a764d3add3aa.html

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.39.17 AM.png