Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The 1515 Demonbreun project is on tap for this Thursday's Planning Commission meeting.  There is quite a bit of information presented, including renderings from the Demonbreun side, the actual roundabout side, and the Division Street side.  One cool thing that I had not thought or known about is a proposal outdoor terrace facing Division Street.  This one looks good to me.  I have attached a link to the MPC agenda.  Scroll on down to page 99 (it's going to be a long meeting!) http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/Planning/docs/MPCMeetings/2013/092613.pdf

Thanks for the link.

I see that they are asking for a little extra height (178.5'), which is measured at the roundabout. But measuring from the back side of the building (closest to the Gulch), it looks to me as if it will approach 200' overall (if you add up the floors, it equals 183.5' -- plus there is a little bit of roof and ground height on top of that). It should definitely end up being a skyline impact. It will be about 300 feet from Rhythm 1/5 of a mile from Hensler's tower, as well as WES (assuming it gets built), 1/4 mile from Palmer Plaza, 1/3 of a miles from ICON, and about 2/5 of a mile from the Adelecia and just a little more to the Buckingham development.

This will really be one of those buildings that will help bridging our many/mini skylines together.

Several of the projects in the Capital district are mentioned in this piece from the Tennessean... 

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130922/BUSINESS02/309220038/2095/BUSINESS02?nclick_check=1

It seems there are hundreds of residences being built there. Also, the 4th and Madison project apparently is almost finished (finally!). 

From the article: "“Our first reaction (when house hunting) was 12South. But 12South is getting pretty pricy. So is East Nashville,” said Travis Parker."

I can see 12S, but there are boatloads of sub-200k houses in East Nashville. Availability may be an issue in EN, but not price.

This definitely sounds familiar, but I seem to recall it being on the interior of the Rutledge Hill neighborhood kind of overlooking Crema rather than being on the edge along Hermitage.  So this location on Lea does sound like a status update on that earlier announcement. Lord knows there is plenty going on or planned along Hermitage already, so I'm glad that the interior streets are getting some development as well.  Seven stories will definitely stand out on that hill. 

Speaking of Rutledge Hill, a wrought-iron fence has been constructed around that block where Captain Ryman's home used to stand that is now occupied by the radio station building.

This was discussed some time ago, but I think we had the positioning wrong in that conversation. Or, at least I did. I thought it would be across from Crema on the Hermitage side.

Either way, should look nice and big up on the hill...

From the article: "“Our first reaction (when house hunting) was 12South. But 12South is getting pretty pricy. So is East Nashville,” said Travis Parker."

I can see 12S, but there are boatloads of sub-200k houses in East Nashville. Availability may be an issue in EN, but not price.

East Nashville covers a much broader area than 12th South. The person quoted does not specify where in East Nashville they are looking. Sure, you can find houses for under 200k...but many of them are outside of the *hot* areas, and some closer to rougher areas. Where they may have been looking may have not been so price friendly.

Sidenote: East Nashville is developing enough nuances where simply calling it East Nashville is getting confusing. I wish people would be more specific.

I am just continually impressed with the number of things happening behind the scenes. Apparently Corner is still pursuing this. Lots to talk about at the meeting next weekend.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/9/25/local_developer_makes_strides_with_landing_luxury_hotel_in_gulch

This lot includes the former tobacco store building as well correct?

I hope I can make the meet, however my rear end is in Vanderbilt for a bit. Maybe I can be there via skype. Glad I have a mini I pad to keep up with everything. If we can get past announcements and get construction started, we may be in the boom we have been waiting on for a long time.

Or the "old school" Inglewood people who say, "we're not East Nashville, we're Inglewood."  Yes, there still are folks who bought their houses prior to Metro, sent their kids to Litton High, and still have that secessionist mindset.  

My favorite are those that live in Inglewood but still say they live in East Nashville...

I'm inclined to agree that it will be either/or, not both/and.  If/when a major HQ announcement is made, I'll believe that part.  But even so, I still believe that Nashville is about tapped on hotels.  Putting a hotel at 4th/Demonbreun would be convenient to both the HQ (if that works out) and the convention center, but I think that Nashville would struggle to accomodate this new hotel, the Broadway Hyatt, Tony's Marriott by the convention center and maybe something at 8th/Demonbreun, Buckingham, and even more out there, an Intercontinental at West End Summit.  Some of those will fall though already.  Adding yet another hotel here would kill off even more of those proposals.  My position is that if Tony gets a HQ AND a major hotel, he should just go ahead with 505CST.

I think I like the design (I would like more angles to decide). I would venture this OR Sobro but not both...unless he has secured a hotel.

Or the "old school" Inglewood people who say, "we're not East Nashville, we're Inglewood."  Yes, there still are folks who bought their houses prior to Metro, sent their kids to Litton High, and still have that secessionist mindset.  

The "old money" areas over behind Litton...or as my dad would say when I was a kid "the Belle Meade of Inglewood"

I have wondered how long all of the industrial sites in the area will last, especially the crane company that faces Jefferson between 4th and 5th. You would have to imagine that developers are drooling over that piece of land.

The Tennessean today has an article and rendering of the pedestrian bridge across the railroad gulch.  Don't know if it's intentional, but the rendering appears to have both the Gulch Crossing building, but also the proposed Four Seasons (borrowed from the Toronto hotel).  Bridge looks nice... and expensive!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130926/NEWS01/309260055/Plan-SoBro-Gulch-pedestrian-bridge-big-bold

• Like 3