Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Why do we allow such garbage to be built, particularly in the middle of a beautiful historic neighborhood like Germantown?  We've got these insane arbitrary restrictions when it comes to building height, but somehow developers can throw up last night's dinner and nobody with the ability to actually do something about it even bats an eye.  

• Like 3

^ ^ ^ It's not actually in Germantown.  It is in the area loosely called North Capital, several blocks south of the baseball stadium, and there's not much historical there anymore.  But, yes, this structure is sorely lacking aesthetically.  I'm not positive that the cladding is finished...but still.    : /

• Like 1

Holiday Inn Express Metro Center (approx. 4 stories, 100 rooms, no rendering yet) update.  Final shack torn down.  A source working on prelim engineering tells me this is about to start.

Looking SW from 3rd Ave. North just north of I-65 inner loop:

Holiday Inn Express, Metro Center, Jan 12, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NE from Clay Street, 1/2 block SW of 3rd Ave. North:

Holiday Inn Express, Metro Center, Jan 12, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 2

MDHA is looking to break ground this year on a 40-townhome project to be called Bordeaux Townhome Apartments. The project would sit on 5.5 acres south of the T-intersection of Hospital Lane and Dolan Drive one block from County Hospital Road. The address is 1010 Camilla Caldwell Lane. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20990367/mdha-eyes-bordeaux-townhome-project

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.58.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.57.59 PM.png

• Like 2

The views are great here,but I hope they soundproof these well. I've been on this property when a train is passing and you can feel it on the ground. I was there a few weeks ago around 7 am on a sunday and a train came through. At least people can easily see if it might be an issue for them before they commit to buying. Not sure I could tho.

Colliers International/Nashville has announced it is now operational at the new BWSC office building, which is now being called 615 Third. The 8 story, 125,000-square foot building is located at the SW corner of the Lea Ave. and 3rd  Avenue South.

The Class A building was developed by Colliers Nashville affiliate The Mathews Company and constructed by fellow affiliate R.C. Mathews Contractor. Colliers will handle management and retail space leasing of the LEED-certified building, which offers a gym, decks with views of the downtown skyline and 440 parking spaces.

Colliers has combined with The Mathews Company and R.C. Mathews Contractor to occupy  27,000 square feet in the 615 development.

Anchor tenant Barge Design Solutions (formerly BWSC) occupies the building's top two levels There is still 40,000 square feet of office space and ground-floor retail space remaining available for lease.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20990772/notes-mtsu-eyes-38m-academic-building

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 10.19.17 AM.png

• Like 3

7-Eleven has purchased the 1.18 acre lot at 1101 Broadway (currently home to an Exxon quicky-mart) for $7.85 million. That averages to $154 per square foot of land, almost the exact same price that McDonalds just paid for the lot directly to the west.

When listed for sale in mid-2017, the property had been touted as a redevelopment prospect offering that might feature high rises. 

This is disappointing, unless 7-Eleven decides that they are going to just sit on the site for a while and then re-sell.  So much more could be done with such a prominent location. 

The purchase was part of 21 total properties coming 7-Eleven's way for their re-introduction into the Nashville market.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/01/7-eleven-swigs-one-big-gulp-of-nashville-real.html

5951b6f134ec1_1111BroadwayExonlot1June262017.png.d7f82e20b5f4672e56fd4d5de699eb92.png

5951b6f262ce3_1111BroadwayExonlot2June262017.png.a25932d0de0e225745df7142501e87fb.png

This was a rendering that the realtor designed showing what type of high rises could go on the lot:

5951b6f3966cf_1111BroadwayExonlot3June262017.png.bdf6e614f00bf43aea364771f846a378.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I just remember this was not an actual proposal, just a massing diagram of what was allowed for the site.  Someone may still come in and buy it as the owners do not have any snetimental connections to the land. Many 7-11's in larger cities do not even have have gas pumps and just occupy space in a larger building. Thats why I dont get too excited about these things as they come and go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

7-Eleven has purchased the 1.18 acre lot at 1101 Broadway (currently home to an Exxon quicky-mart) for $7.85 million. That averages to $154 per square foot of land, almost the exact same price that McDonalds just paid for the lot directly to the west.

When listed for sale in mid-2017, the property had been touted as a redevelopment prospect offering that might feature high rises. 

This is disappointing, unless 7-Eleven decides that they are going to just sit on the site for a while and then re-sell.  So much more could be done with such a prominent location. 

The purchase was part of 21 total properties coming 7-Eleven's way for their re-introduction into the Nashville market.

I know it might not be the popular opinion, but I don't think a gas station (maybe something more visually appealing than the current Exxon) is a bad option for that spot. It serves a valuable purpose for that side of downtown, especially for  visitors coming off the interstate and turning onto Lower Broad. I like the idea of adding more high-rises downtown, but some spots inevitably have to be set aside for basic necessities like gas and auto/tire services.

Having said that, this would offer 7-11 to do something creative with that lot, sort of in the same way Dollar General used the corner lot on West End for their new DG concept. A run-of-the-mill suburban-style 7-11 would be very disappointing.

• Like 3

A 3 story, 18,000 sq. ft.  mixed-use building is proposed for 1102 Buchanan Street in North Nashville.To be named the Bernard Center,  it will also feature an outdoor patio of 2,400 sq. ft.  The developer hopes fora ground level restaurant for street activation, as well as other retail and office occupants.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20991204/buchanan-street-eyed-for-mixeduse-building

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 1.45.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 1.45.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 1.46.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 1.47.01 PM.png

• Like 4