Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Hammer Mill (6 and 5 stories, 259 units, 3 restaurants) update.

Looking NE from intersection of Taylor and Adams:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking north from intersection of Taylor and Adams:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking north from riverfront:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking east from Taylor Street 1/2 block east of  Cumberland River Greenway:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking Se from intersection of Van Buren and Adams:

Hammer Mill, Feb 24, 2018, 5.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/4/2018 at 7:18 AM, markhollin said:

Taquila Cowboy at 305 Broadway is adding a rooftop element:

Looking SE from Broadway, near intersection with 4th Ave:

Taquila Cowboy expansion, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of Broadway and 3rd Ave:

Taquila Cowboy expansion, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking NE from parking lot on NE corner of 4th Ave. South and Symphony Place:

Taquila Cowboy expansion, Feb 10, 2018, 3.jpg

I believe this is going to be called “Hick Town.”

42 minutes ago, markhollin said:

City officials are making their final play for a long-desired, multimillion-dollar flood protection system for downtown ahead of this year's capital budget discussions.

This is the third and final time officials with Metro Water Services will make their case to Metro Council for the $125 million project, according to Scott Potter, the department's director. Last year, council members axed the plan from that budget.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/06/flood-watch-metro-readies-itself-for-final-flood.html

"The flood caused more than $2 billion in private property damage and $120 million in public infrastructure damage in Nashville. "

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2017/05/01/10-things-know-2010-nashville-flood/101039174/

I wonder how much of that could have been stopped with the wall and other mitigation efforts. I know there was mass flooding but it would be interesting to see a number that the wall would have stopped. Especially since walls/levees push the flooding to other areas. 

• Like 1

In the fall, Rakesh Aggarwal sold land he owned in SoBro for five times the price he paid. Then he walked down the street and reinvested in that part of downtown Nashville once again.

Aggarwal paid $7.5 million on March 6 for 1.4 acres of land anchored at 407 Lafayette St. The property, part of which borders the downtown interstate loop, is a tenth of a mile from the land Aggarwal sold for $5.15 million to Nashville's Convention Center Authority.

Both sites are in the immediate vicinity of where Metro would locate one entrance to a tunnel proposed as part of a $5.4 billion transit expansion plan that faces a critical vote May 1st.  Aggarwal believes he is well-positioned to benefit from the wave of development sweeping through SoBro, which to this point has been headlined by a frenzy of hotel construction.

"We are just waiting for the mass-transit [vote]. If that goes through, we might develop this property in a couple of years," Aggarwal said in an interview. "In the meantime, the places are leased. We'll leave it as-is right now. We'll wait for the right time."

More behind NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/06/investor-snags-sobro-land-eyeing-transit-vote-and.html

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.50.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.51.18 PM.png

• Like 4

I tried to find the article but it's lost to me know, it was discussing how levees on the Mississippi push the flood waters to other areas, it was YEARS ago so maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly. 

I believe it was talking about when both sides of a river are blocked. 

20 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I tried to find the article but it's lost to me know, it was discussing how levees on the Mississippi push the flood waters to other areas, it was YEARS ago so maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly. 

I believe it was talking about when both sides of a river are blocked. 

That's a very real impact of levee systems (simple hydrodynamics) and it has had a profound effect on what's left of the Mississippi River floodplain.    There have been many studies on it.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Sorry for the image steal but does anyone know what’s going to be placed on the sites with the two yellow circles?   Seems to be PRIME MCC real estate.  Thanks!

Hey that's mine!!! Also... my thoughts exactly! Why have no details or sale attempts sprung-up with those properties? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

Let's all join hands for a moment of silence in remembrance of The Muse.

Saw a lot of shows there when it was The Muse!

my first deejaying gig when i moved to the area was the opening night of the muse.

•  

I spent hundreds of nights in that building, RIP The Muse.

• Like 4

Here's The Muse's Yelp page, it has a couple photos too.  One thing that is really lacking in Nashville are all ages music venues.  One of the often bemoaned facts of New Nashville is that there's no where for artists to live but another fact that I think is almost as important is the lack of places for young people to express themselves and most importantly musically.  The Next Generation and The Muse left very big holes in the fabric of what made Nashville a great mid-sized city.  If I were a millionaire I would buy a warehouse and create a community led non-profit all ages music venue.

• Like 1