Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I love this! Their initial plan to make it a 2-story showcase Firestone was not the best use for the property. I think they will make a bank.

it is us too bad the McDonalds was just rebuilt....missed opportunity for sure.

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

I may be alone in this, but I think Sticks will play really well against a backdrop once KVB Circle fills in. 

It doesn’t stand well on its own but it’ll add some great dynamics seeing all the buildings through it as you drive around.

I hate to say it... but I might agree. I was driving up KVB this morning and noticed that sticks actually looked sort of interesting with all the buildings around it. Of course, up close, it is much different. (Pic from Google Maps)

StixNashvillePublicArt.png

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Atlanta-based restaurateur and chef Ford Fry is looking to put one of his Tex-Mex Superica restaurants in the one-story cinder block building at 601 Overtone St. in the Gulch. The building will get a thorough remodeling. Rumors are that there may be  a second restaurant in the structure eventually as well.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21010472/noted-atlanta-chef-eyes-texmex-eatery-for-gulch

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 8.05.58 AM.png

I love seeing that area of the Gulch keep growing, but on a related note, I really hope something high-profile takes the place of the Yahoo Brewery and ReStore sites -- the "back" area of the Gulch never seems to get the foot traffic as the newer Urban Outfitters-Thompson Hotel-Bar Louie side seems to draw.  Not sure what the solution is to fix that. Maybe better signage/maps/branding around the neighborhood to make the area feel cohesive?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

I love seeing that area of the Gulch keep growing, but on a related note, I really hope something high-profile takes the place of the Yahoo Brewery and ReStore sites -- the "back" area of the Gulch never seems to get the foot traffic as the newer Urban Outfitters-Thompson Hotel-Bar Louie side seems to draw.  Not sure what the solution is to fix that. Maybe better signage/maps/branding around the neighborhood to make the area feel cohesive?

If something substantial gets built on the RJ Young property it could help move some of that action east, as well. 

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

Right now, it's probably a function of the tenant mix in the "back area".     Unless you're going to Peg Leg's or Barista Parlor or Arnold's, there are very few retail destinations of the type that generate foot traffic.     If more of the industrial buildings are converted to restaurant/retail like the above, it could become more of a walking destination.      But with the property values being where they are and a large percentage of each parcel currently used as surface parking, I think the economics will drive future development toward assembling parcels and wholesale redevelopment. 

The small one story brick warehouse at SW corner of Church and 9th Ave. North is coming down.  At one point, this was not part of the Nashville Yards property, but I believe they may have scooped it up after the large transaction with LifeWay was completed on all the adjoining property.

Looking NW from intersection of 9th Ave. North, 1/2 block south of Church St:

Church and 9th Ave North SW corner demo, June 22, 2018.jpg

• Like 1

A Tesla Supercharger received permits to be installed in the Gulch Crossings parking garage on the first level.  It will be a total of 12 bays and should be a fairly high use destination given its location at the intersection of three interstates.  There aren’t a ton of truly urban Superchargers in this part of the US, and I suspect it will quickly become a favorite for Tesla owners given all the amenities around it. 

• Like 3

I will say there is a second rest. in that building and not sure what it is. There is also something up with 2 other properties in that area, one being the Yazoo site and I have heard the brand that is rumored. There is another property close and that something is percolating.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There is also something up with 2 other properties in that area, one being the Yazoo site and I have heard the brand that is rumored. There is another property close and that something is percolating.

I'm hoping the other property you're referring to is the RJ Young site.  That one's got a TON of potential being on both sides of Division.  And I hope whoever does the Yazoo site also buys and incorporates the Habitat site as well.  

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, nashville_bound said:

it is us too bad the McDonalds was just rebuilt....missed opportunity for sure.

McDonald's corporate bought the property in the last year I think.  I bet at some point they'll work with a developer to build something bigger on it and keep an urban McDonalds at the bottom.  Prob a while off though.

• Like 3

On 6/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, bmkTN said:

McDonald's corporate bought the property in the last year I think.  I bet at some point they'll work with a developer to build something bigger on it and keep an urban McDonalds at the bottom.  Prob a while off though.

I've said that before although drive-through would be too difficult with an urban style, and folks ain't having none of that. I think they were probably right.

I have no idea what happened to my font....I somehow fixed it.

Edited by Philip

The pizza restaurant has a lease, but they developers want them out and are trying everything in the book to make life hell so they give up the lease. Yes, it is Nashville yards.