Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

So there are new utility flags and a new larger roll-off dumpster on site today (in addition to the small one that's been there for the last couple months). Not sure what, if anything, this means. 

20190122_114439.jpg

Maybe they don’t want their empty lot to look less busy than Vertical Medical City’s empty lot?

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw back-hoe there this morning. It wasn't there last week. They have been rotating dumpsters on and off the site for a while now. However, this is first time I saw the back-hoe. Not sure if it is actually for this site, however. They would have to fence the sight off first before beginning demo. 

22 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

That reminds me of Brian’s Restaurant at Virginia and Orange (oh, those cinnamon buns!)

One of the booths had a plaque indicating that Dan Quayle had sat there.

It may be the only time in history that anyone cared where Dan Quayle sat.

No word if he had a potatoe that day...

That reminds me of something.

I used to work as a substitute teacher around here on and off for several years. Back in the late 80's when I first began, I would occasionally get an assignment at the former Robert E. Lee Middle School's special ed/autistic class. I'll never forget this one chubby little guy who was almost completely non-verbal with the exception of two very specific expressions.

The only words he'd say were "George Bush!!!!" and "Dan Quayle!!!!"

I put the exclamation points behind them, because that's how he'd say them.... like an emcee announcing them as they came out in front of an audience or something.

And he'd really emphasize the last names, too...

It would be like "Georrrge BUSH!!!!" and "Daaannn QUAAAYYYLE!!!!!".

The only thing I could guess as to why those were the only two things he'd say, is because the '88 election year had taken place recently, and he had probably heard their names so often, they burrowed their way into his psyche.

Cute little kid. I always wonder what became of him. He'd be well into his 40's by now.

• Like 1