Murfreesboro City Council and Mayor are considering a AA Baseball Park. of unknown size (probably 5,000-8,000 capacity) in downtown. 

City officials have not discussed financial agreements or final location other than in the historic Bottoms area that includes Cannonsburgh Village, an historic parks and recreation property off Front and Broad streets near Murfreesboro City Hall. The older, preserved buildings at the village, including a small church, came from various locations within Rutherford County. The city relocated the buildings that dated back to the 1800s and early 1900s during the nation's Bicentennial anniversary celebration in 1976.

Mayor McFarland said the rumors circulating about the village include incorrect information. "I would not be supportive of demolishing Cannonsburgh, but I do think it would be productive to talk about the current use and if it could be relocated (just like it was relocated in 1976) to an area that makes more sense for people to use the facilities inside existing parks and recreation property," McFarland said.

Mayor Shane McFarland and the Murfreesboro City Council are scheduled to discuss the proposal during a Sept. 14 meeting held at the Murfreesboro Airport.

More behind The Tennessean paywall here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2023/09/07/minor-league-ball-park-proposed-for-downtown-murfreesboro/70786331007/

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/09/11/murfreesboro-to-consider-baseball-stadium-proposal.html

• Like 4

Discussion with preservationists and majority partner of proposed minor league baseball team about the potential minor league park in downtown Murfreesboro at the site of Cannonsburgh Village:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2023/09/13/minor-league-baseball-park-developer-wants-cannonsburgh-village-saved-murfreesboro-tennessee/70834042007/

1 hour ago, Sean blackdog said:

No news here.  It's just one random former NBA player on a podcast answering the question 'where would you put a new NBA team.'

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

No news here.  It's just one random former NBA player on a podcast answering the question 'where would you put a new NBA team.'

That’s right. Click and ear bait. LOL. The Grizz belong in Memphis. Stop fueling the divide between the cities, not pointing the finger at anyone here. Be grateful for what’s going on in Nashville, but not at the  expense of Memphis (as it has always been). Besides, Ja doesn’t fit Nashville. Just a joke. LOL. Grit and grind doesn’t either. 

I see no reason to move the Grizzlies out of Memphis.  I'd rather Nashville be part of an NBA expansion than to move the Grizzlies from Memphis.  I'd rather Nashville have a team along with Memphis because I think it would be good for the state and it would be a great intrastate rivalry.

Don't move the Grizzlies to Nashville.  Move the LA Clippers to Nashville... :tw_glasses:

• Like 3