River North, 105-acre Cowan Street corridor, Phase One: five 4-7 stories, 650 residences, 85 K sq. ft. retail, 50 K sq. ft. office, mile long riverfront park; Phase Two: two 12 story office buildings, pedestrian bridge across river

markhollin

This is good news but the renderings on the news story look a bit outdated. The website for river north’s renderings and the news story ones look completely different. Although i am also not entirely sure if “the landings at river north” and “river north” are the same thing or different development phases or something. I’m still a bit confused about this project.

Lets hope a major company can move into this development to kick things off like the rumors I have heard on many forums suggest. 

Well...this is quite underwhelming compared to the original renders the River North people put forth as far as what they envisioned.  BUT...this may actually be something that can get built and utilized compared to the "pie in the sky" previous renders.

Looks similar to Capitol View (or whatever that area is called).

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 4

I still believe that this is only the first phase of development here and that later on if a company moves in there may be some high rises built. But it’s still a good step for the east of the river and may lead to more things overall.

I don’t think Nashville will ever get a building over 800 feet tall built, this is not a tall skyscraper city and there is nothing wrong with that. The height of a city’s building doesn’t determine its economic importance. And as long as tony giarrantana is still around we will get tall buildings proposed and maybe built (although he seems to be the only developer wanting to build tall here).

• Like 1

Well...this is quite underwhelming compared to the original renders the River North people put forth as far as what they envisioned.  BUT...this may actually be something that can get built and utilized compared to the "pie in the sky" previous renders.
Looks similar to Capitol View (or whatever that area is called).

Isn’t this plan for only 13 acres (out of a total 105?)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MontanaGuy said:

That sounds a bit harsh!  I really appreciate all of the information that many people share on this forum and I think that quite a few of them make a lot of effort to find out information to pass along to the rest of us!

I'm talking about the people who for certainty prognosticated that this development was unlikely to ever happen or was a pipe dream that would take decades to begin. If you don't know, then you don't know. Those companies know what they're doing.

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

So, are you seriously comparing The Landings at River North to THIS?

F3B02DE9-3341-46F7-8CF7-22CD5F5C36D8.jpeg

8BCE82EC-0D8D-419F-90DC-CF8538A5A9A6.jpeg

I kinda am yes. Add a few floors to each building and looks like providence to me. I’m not unappreciative of any new development but this phase is drastically different than what was originally being pitched. As others have said this is just the beginning. A little disappointed there wasn’t one building with some decent height. I do love the pedestrian bridge and water components.

Edited by subkyle