River North, 105-acre Cowan Street corridor, Phase One: five 4-7 stories, 650 residences, 85 K sq. ft. retail, 50 K sq. ft. office, mile long riverfront park; Phase Two: two 12 story office buildings, pedestrian bridge across river

markhollin

20 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

What becomes of these new roads and all the necessary infrastructure for RiverNorth that has been done, if the plan changes to have that new spine road that is in the East Bank plans? Do they hopefully just cut in a new intersection at the point that these roads converge? And is waiting on that plan the reason why other projects like the RMR and GBT haven’t moved forward? Regardless of if a new stadium is built or not, a completed plan on infrastructure is needed , so the EastBank transformation can progress full steam ahead. Oracle is expected to start construction within the next year, how does that all tie into this?

The simple answer is yes. The new roads being built (or rebuilt) will tie into the new Boulevard that Cowan will be turned into. 

I would imagine the RMR project is waiting on final design of the Boulevard. I would presume GBT is waiting on any announcement from Oracle's campus/waiting for Oracle to start building some things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I might be a bit confused. We know there will be a continuious bike along the entire East Bank Boulevard, but I haven't seen any site plans with dedicated bike lanes yet. Looking at the Phase II Site plan, we can see that bikes will have access to a lane of traffic, but I am not seeing dedicated bike lanes. This is significant because dedicated bike lanes is a larger ROW dedication that these buildings have not been accounting for.

image.thumb.png.6a1042e2c034c21c243665cc9127433a.png

I am going to dig around for the Phase I drawings, but I'm not holding my breathe for protected bike lanes beyond the Boulevard.

EDIT:
Here is Phase I of the River North residential. Bikes will share the road.

image.thumb.png.a61cf97e06b7d4f9aecfaba2a288f1e8.png

• Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I might be a bit confused. We know there will be a continuious bike along the entire East Bank Boulevard, but I haven't seen any site plans with dedicated bike lanes yet. Looking at the Phase II Site plan, we can see that bikes will have access to a lane of traffic, but I am not seeing dedicated bike lanes. This is significant because dedicated bike lanes is a larger ROW dedication that these buildings have not been accounting for.

image.thumb.png.6a1042e2c034c21c243665cc9127433a.png

I am going to dig around for the Phase I drawings, but I'm not holding my breathe for protected bike lanes beyond the Boulevard.

I think the dedicated bike lanes will be along River North Blvd and Cowan Street, with the shared lanes on the smaller streets. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, downtownresident said:

I think the dedicated bike lanes will be along River North Blvd and Cowan Street, with the shared lanes on the smaller streets. 

I don't think River North Blvd will have dedicated lanes. I believe it will only be Cowan (which will also be part of the Boulevard)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Getting dedicated bike lanes on every street would be wonderful, but even for someone like me who advocates for them in every design understands that they are not meant for every single street. Streets such as Oldham, Cowan Court, RiverNorth Boulevard should be designed for slower traffic. When we slow down traffic, it gets more comfortable for bikes to share the road. When we get bikes out to roads such as Jefferson, Cowan Street (East Bank Boulevard) we absolutely NEED these lanes. I would even say streets such as Cleveland, Douglas which are major cross connectors need dedicated lanes. We will have dedicated bike lanes and dedicated bus lanes along the Boulevard from north to south on the East Bank. The other roads on the east bank will be smaller - as they should be - and slower which in turn makes them safer for bikes to share the road. Additional connector streets that move in and out of the East Bank should have dedicated lanes, but smaller interneighborhood ones should rely on slower traffic in which multi modes can share lanes.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, markhollin said:

River North Landings update: pillars rising; foundational walls being set.

Looking NW from Cowan Ct., 2/3 block west of Cowan St:

River North Landings, Sept 4, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking west from Cowan Ct., 2/3 block west of Cowan St:

River North Landings, Sept 4, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SW from Cowan Ct., 2/3 block west of Cowan St:

River North Landings, Sept 4, 2022, 3.jpeg

I hope they're planning the ground floors of those buildings in a way that accounts for the likelihood of flooding.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't part of River North, but since it is surrounded by elements of that development, I thought I would put it here:

A River North industrial property located adjacent to both the Cumberland River and Topgolf — and near the future Oracle campus — has sold for $19.4 million.
Home to cement supplier Cemex, the 4.33-acre property offers a main address of  21 Oldham St.

According to a Davidson County Register of Deeds document, the new owner is an LLC affiliated with Dallas-based Eagle Materials Inc., which deals with cement, concrete and wallboards. The seller was an LLC associated with Florida-based Cemex and that paid (via an affiliated LLC) about $688,600 for the property in 1998.

Sad to say that it looks like this is going to remain an industrial site for the time being. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/industrial-property-near-future-oracle-campus-sells/article_871ac446-35f2-11ed-98bd-a32cf6e9d8ee.html

19 Oldham cement plant, Sept 16, 2022, site.png

666545149_19OldhamcementplantSept162022sitemap.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

• 4 weeks later...