Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

4 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Curious for anyone in the know: why would they choose this type of  crane rather than what we typically see in Nashville (see background)? I’m assuming it has to do with space. 

I suspect with the number of cranes here now, they are probably is short suppy.  I think the contractors may grab anything they can get.

• Like 3

So what are the odds A3 is built and built tall?  Isn’t this construction just for a parking garage and it’s possible that’s it?  Plus the idea they’re doing a “redesign” of A3 smacks of shorter and more economical.

Edited by Plasticman

8 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Curious for anyone in the know: why would they choose this type of  crane rather than what we typically see in Nashville (see background)? I’m assuming it has to do with space. 

I am not "in the know", but typically these types of cranes are used to rise within the core of the building as opposed to externally (or along-side) the building. I am curious as well why they have chosen this type. hopefully someone who knows more can shed some light. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 3:10 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

I'm wondering if they're not quite done and are going to lay it down horizontally soon (looks like it could be set up to do that - the others seem to have similar joints that could fold it up like that). I've been watching it avidly from my Asurion office :) 

Does anyone have a bird's eye map of the whole project? I'm still a little new and putting together what all of the buildings are that are on this thread.

Edited by karen5429