5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

• 1 month later...

It's not like I have any inside knowledge whatsoever, so take my opinion with a heavy grain of salt, but these delays and extensions on this project really don't worry me in the slightest given the incredible amount of moving parts that must need to be shored up and accounted for to even get a shovel in the ground.  It sounds like Spectrum has this under control.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Also, $250k for each extension is a steep price to pay if this thing had a high degree of uncertainty. Perhaps it will go a bit slower than first planned, but paying $500k thus far shows determination on emery's part.

They already have a 9-figure number in hand. No worries.

• Like 1

As far as I know, the money will go toward the purchase price if the close. If they do not, then the money is forfeit. That is the way I heard it explained to me.

The plans right now are that the entire project is built at the same time. They have 200 million in cash on hand, half of the total price.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

What is the estimated # of floors/height for both buildings?  And yes I agree BNA but it does seem like this is more and more likely.  The fact that they will be putting up billboards/renderings soon really makes me a believer.

Last figures I heard were: Office building will be 32 stories and 440 feet.  Apartment building will be 34 stores and 370 feet.  

• 2 weeks later...

It says this: 

Anticipated timeline as follows:

1Q 2016 Demolition Commences
2Q 2016 Groundbreaking
3Q 2017 Exterior Shell Complete
4Q 2017 Exhibition Installation Comemces
1Q 2018 Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening

On the website of the National Museum of African American Music, I wonder how accurate this is?  Probably on the optimistic side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neigeville2 said:

It says this: 

Anticipated timeline as follows:

1Q 2016 Demolition Commences
2Q 2016 Groundbreaking
3Q 2017 Exterior Shell Complete
4Q 2017 Exhibition Installation Comemces
1Q 2018 Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening

On the website of the National Museum of African American Music, I wonder how accurate this is?  Probably on the optimistic side.

With the delays they already have spent money on, pretty sure demo won't start any earlier than summer...and that's being generous.  Probably more like the end of the year.

• Like 1

Does the museum being that much closer to it's goal help make the project any more feasible?  Are we at the point now where it is definitely a go, just a matter of timeline?  Or is it still a possibility that it may not happen?  To me, seeing the renderings up suggests a level of confidence by the builder/developer.

I don't recall if this had been posted, but the old convention center windows facing Broadway (across from Bridgestone) are all faced with enormous murals and signage advertising the new development.

We all know signage by itself doesn't mean much more than stickers on a car, but it still gave me reason to be optimistic. Seems unlikely that they would advertise so prominently without putting some solid intention behind it.

:crosses fingers:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

I don't recall if this had been posted, but the old convention center windows facing Broadway (across from Bridgestone) are all faced with enormous murals and signage advertising the new development.

We all know signage by itself doesn't mean much more than stickers on a car, but it still gave me reason to be optimistic. Seems unlikely that they would advertise so prominently without putting some solid intention behind it.

I noticed that when I was downtown over the weekend. I thought it looked pretty cool.

4 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

Unfortunately Signature Tower had the same advertising. I am not saying that this project is similar to Signature Tower, but I personally am not putting anything behind it

Is there any chance the retail could happen but the office and residential come later? or does it all have to happen at once?