Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

$1800 a month for a one bedroom? :blink:  Affordable housing at its finest. :rofl: For comparison, I pay $1198 a month for a 3 bedroom and 2 bath house. Can’t forget that equity too. 

It's probably not really fair to compare your housing costs to the cost of living at Deca.  I'm sure the life style between the two is quite a bit different.

For comparison, at the recent Greene apartments, a 1BR starts at $1600 and a 2BR starts at $2100.  Keep in mind that at both, as you look at more desirable locations within the complex (height or viewpoint), those prices can go up quite a bit.. upwards of 40% more expensive.

Also, this is the complete opposite of affordable housing. It's targeted to be the most luxurious apartment complex in the city.

I suspect there will be more than a few corprate apartments found in this building for companies. I agree, I can't ever see paying that much for rent in this area but my sister in NJ is paying 3500 for a 1000 square foot apt on the 2nd floor but thats right outside of NYC. 

4 hours ago, apaladin said:

Thanks Gman for the great pix. You da man. Looks like I was right and this building is going to top out at either 14 or 15 floors, not 17 everyone was talking about. Disappointing but it will be ok. 

It's going to be what they told you it'll be. Why are you always so pessimistic? They've already sold every unit that was planned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like to me there are currently 9 floors and they are starting the top portion which is 6 floors, correct? Total of 15. I could be wrong of course. Even 6 more floors will be very close to the height of the crane. Where did the 17 floors come from? I am sure I saw it here, where else would I have seen it lol. 

12 minutes ago, apaladin said:

It looks like to me there are currently 9 floors and they are starting the top portion which is 6 floors, correct? Total of 15. I could be wrong of course. Even 6 more floors will be very close to the height of the crane. Where did the 17 floors come from? I am sure I saw it here, where else would I have seen it lol. 

They are currently working on the 10th floor. Six more floors will be built on top of that. 16 total. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, apaladin said:

You’re right— it is 17 according to past news articles.  

From a numbering perspective, the odd sized floor is Main, or 1st.  Below are P2 and P3. So they are on the 8th floor from a designation standpoint. There will be no 13th numbered, and it will top out at the 15th with the penthouse condos.  So Exile and GMan30 correct, there are 6 more floors to be built, 16 in total.

2 hours ago, ursa carolina said:

From a numbering perspective, the odd sized floor is Main, or 1st.  Below are P2 and P3. So they are on the 8th floor from a designation standpoint. There will be no 13th numbered, and it will top out at the 15th with the penthouse condos.  So Exile and GMan30 correct, there are 6 more floors to be built, 16 in total.

Is this superstition still going on? Goodness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, apaladin said:

Thanks Gman for the great pix. You da man. Looks like I was right and this building is going to top out at either 14 or 15 floors, not 17 everyone was talking about. Disappointing but it will be ok. 

15 hours ago, motonenterprises said:

It's going to be what they told you it'll be. Why are you always so pessimistic? They've already sold every unit that was planned.

See the source image

• Haha 2